Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4089 4090 [4091] 4092 4093 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771113 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61350 on: September 05, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »

Should I be worried about the title.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61351 on: September 05, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

What's with all the love for treacherous equine companions?
Yoshi is the enemy.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61352 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »

Yeah well, I just checked with my Stanford-based friends down south.

Well... it's worth nothing that for values over 1GBPS, speedtest breaks and doesn't let you share your results. Clicking "Share this result" does nothing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61353 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »

Should I be worried about the title.
Check the latest page of Soli's livestream thread. There should be a picture.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61354 on: September 05, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »

Oh whew.

Anyway, 1GB download is ridiculous.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61355 on: September 05, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »

-more shit-
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:21:08 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61356 on: September 05, 2011, 06:20:50 pm »

I'm really impressed by the AI and the faux-realism of Far Cry 2.  It took a while for it to really show how good it was, because of the way I play.  I'm quick and do my killing from far away, so I don't get to see a lot of the subtleties of their behavior.  If you wound a guy but don't kill him he'll crawl to cover if he can, a medic might drag him to safety and try to patch his wounds up.  There's all kinds of combat dialog that goes beyond the normal taunts and stuff.  When you blow something up with your sniper rifle people will run around trying to figure out who's attacking and from where and the medics will reassure their patients that it's just a flesh wound, etc. As your reputation increases people start to panic when they realize you're attacking, the final guy in a camp will yell false bravado into the jungle if he doesn't know where you are, it's all really good in a subtle way.  Stuff you don't notice immediately.

The faux realism is also cool.  With some careful stretches of the imagination the wound system makes sense.  Maybe wounds before you're critical are just scrapes or near misses.  The self surgery you do ranges from the slightly gross (Cauterizing a wound with a wad of matches) to the genuinely hard to watch (Pulling a three-inch nail out from the space between your fingers).  The system itself isn't realistic, but it's a step in the right direction.  The ballistics are great.  Sometimes they're a little wonky, sometimes I've seen bullets fly through solid rock and hit me, but most of the time they're good.  Rockets especially.  The Carl Gustav has backblast that will set things on fire, and RPG rounds will bounce off of flat surfaces if they hit at an angle.

The fire spreading is really cool, and although all the intricacies aren't really noticed (Fire spreads differently depending on the wind, the moisture, etc.) it makes for some pretty cinematic battles as you set off a chain of explosions that rips through the base, with more going off every few minutes.

Oh, another nice touch.  Pressurized explosives, like propane tanks, will skitter around or fly up into the air, the hole in the canister acting like a thruster, before they explode.  I've had a few oh shit moments where I shot an acetylene tank in the hopes of causing some chaos only to see it go flying straight at me.

Great game, worth double what I paid at least, almost sad that Space Marine comes out in 4 hours and 41 minutes so I won't be playing it all that much pretty soon.
Shoes...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61357 on: September 05, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »

Google is moving into the real world by producing phones.
These phones will eat your soul. Google shall create the zombies. World shall end.
But it's going to be Google's doing, so it's all okay.

Also, after being worried for a couple weeks that I'd have to start the new school year with 0 friends, my friend posted to Facebook that she's not switching schools after all. Uberhappy about that one! :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61358 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:19 pm »

Last year, I had a Dual Enrollment thing, but with all the rest of the hs senior mehness, and then graduation.
This year, I get the other half of the Dual Enrollment thing for free (as long as I finish it within this school year), without the rest of the high school stuff to get in the way. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61359 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »

Yay, done with set theory homework this week *jiggles hands*

So much for those folks making fun of me for not having finished yet.  The only way I'll lose points on this assignment is if the teachers decide I was too terse and wrote for too advanced an audience.

(This is probable, but I don't give a fuck)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61360 on: September 05, 2011, 08:04:25 pm »

As your reputation increases people start to panic when they realize you're attacking, the final guy in a camp will yell false bravado into the jungle if he doesn't know where you are, it's all really good in a subtle way.
It really gets great if you hit Reputation 5. The enemies start to give off the impression that they're only trying to fight you because they think that running away would be only slightly more suicidal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61361 on: September 05, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »

Space Marine's selling like hotcakes on Steam.  It's simultaneously the second, fourth, and fifth top selling game right now.  Seriously, look at the store page, what the hell.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61362 on: September 05, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »

Ah. Too bad that is not going to fly on my computer. I could hardly beat the first demo mission on normal because of the lag and stuff.

Edit: I am also surprised on how well Dead Island is doing, I thought that got unfavorable reviews from some press demos, or was that some other zombie game?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:13:37 pm by Criptfeind »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61363 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:33 pm »

Space Marine's selling like hotcakes on Steam.  It's simultaneously the second, fourth, and fifth top selling game right now.  Seriously, look at the store page, what the hell.
Space Marines are storming the top selling list and smashing the other games?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61364 on: September 05, 2011, 09:15:29 pm »

Don't worry, they'll run out of Vespene eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 4089 4090 [4091] 4092 4093 ... 13325