Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4088 4089 [4090] 4091 4092 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768295 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61335 on: September 05, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

I'm happy because I share Freddy Mercury's birthday.
Happy birthday!
Ditto. Have yourself a good time; you are the champion, my friend.

Is this the real life, or is it just fantasy?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:48:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61336 on: September 05, 2011, 02:44:40 pm »

The continuation of my moaning from the sad thread about Wii Sports Resort's Table Tennis:

YES I BEAT LUCIA! SHE'S DEAD AND GONE FROM MY LIFE FOREVER! I finally have my Table Tennis dignity back!

Granted, it was in an 11-point match, where the AI is inexplicably dumber for some reason, but I BEAT HER! EAT IT LUCIA! 11-5 too!

I was half-expecting that when I scored the final point against her, she'd start trembling, and light would pour out of her eyes and mouth as she screams, and she disintegrates piece by piece as all the souls of Table Tennis players she'd devoured over her centuries long lifetime fly out of her body. The island shakes and rumbles, and the volcano erupts, spewing ash and lava all over the island as the tourists flee in terror. Your character flees to the nearby beach where the Seaplane from the Island Flyover game is waiting, and you jump in and start taxiing away as Lucia explodes into a ball of light and hatred. You character narrowly escapes the explosion, and deftly avoids the debris clogging up the air, and gains altitude just in time to see all of Wuhu Island sink into the ocean.

Yeah, half-expecting. Instead, you're given the Table Titan stamp award, and allowed to progress up the ranks to the next rank, Superstar.

Getting the maximum rank score of 2500 was really disappointing, since Lucia is literally the last 'predetermined' player at her skill level, and everyone else is random player from earlier on, except with massively beefed up skills and attributes, and they STILL don't pose as large a challenge as Lucia. Even more disappointing, is that whenever you hit 'restart' (which I do reflexively now when it looks like I'm about to lose), you don't face the same person again, you face another random Mii, with completely different attributes and playstyle.

It was saddening, since it didn't feel like I was beating people on a detailed rank ladder anymore, I was just gradually beating down the Wii Resort hivemind. It kind of took the fun out of getting the max rank of 2500.

Still, so happy that I beat Lucia.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61337 on: September 05, 2011, 02:49:41 pm »

On the plus side of being sick, I finally have an opportunity to test garlic tea's effects against a sore throat. So far, results are promising.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61338 on: September 05, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

2 hours until my first shift of my first "job". :D
Though by "job" in this case, I mean 'getting paid to sit in front of a top of the line alienware computer, counting  the number of people in the room every 30 minutes, and making sure no one breaks things.' So pretty much a job in which the majority of the time is my playing video games.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61339 on: September 05, 2011, 03:04:20 pm »

I just purchased NWN2 for $20 on Steam. Normally a $20 buy would be ridiculous for me, but NWN2 is one of my top 10 favorite games of all time and I haven't had the disc for it for a long time. So this way I'll have it forever.

Any good mods anyone can recommend?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61340 on: September 05, 2011, 04:16:33 pm »

I'm happy because I share Freddy Mercury's birthday.
Happy birthday!
Ditto. Have yourself a good time; you are the champion, my friend.

Is this the real life, or is it just fantasy?

Cheers, guys.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61341 on: September 05, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

On the plus side of being sick, I finally have an opportunity to test garlic tea's effects against a sore throat. So far, results are promising.

<3

Done with two essays and half my set theory homework.  Now I get to have a little break before I get back to it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61342 on: September 05, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »

It's been a long time since I've read something I wasn't required to read.

Sure, it's a 40k book (Specifically, the first of the Gaunt's Ghosts books) but it's pretty good and it's not gun-wank like I expected.

10 hours and 12 minutes until Spess Mehren launches.

The Gaunt's Ghosts books are quite good. Dan Abnett (the guy who writes them, for those who don't know) has written pretty much every genre there is. He's got some real skills, unlike most of the 40k writers.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61343 on: September 05, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »

Here's the speedtest for RIT's Game Development Lab.

8)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #61344 on: September 05, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »

8)
I, just, wait, that...
Holy crap...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61345 on: September 05, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »

New title. Heheheheh. Bad horse.

Wait no. Not that Bad Horse.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61346 on: September 05, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

New title. Heheheheh. Bad horse.

Wait no. Not that Bad Horse.
Great. Now I have the song stuck in my head.

He rides across the nation, the thoroughbred of sin... He got the application you just sent in!

I suppose that's a good thing though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61347 on: September 05, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

-meh-
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:01:55 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61348 on: September 05, 2011, 06:00:40 pm »

8)
I, just, wait, that...
Holy crap...
Yeah well, Google's SF Office

Keep in mind their headquarters at Mountain View have even faster internet...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61349 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:24 pm »

8)
...Good lord, RIT.

Yeah well, Google's SF Office

Keep in mind their headquarters at Mountain View have even faster internet...
Well of course Google's offices have all of internet. if they didn't they'd have a search problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4088 4089 [4090] 4091 4092 ... 13325