Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4076 4077 [4078] 4079 4080 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754677 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61155 on: September 01, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »

Epiphany woot?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61156 on: September 01, 2011, 09:59:32 pm »

I feel pretty good~
Also Labor Day is Monday so we have classes off that day.  Three day weekend for stuff.  I feel pretty comfortable with classes and I recently finished yet another visual novel.  Maybe one day I'll finish one that isn't totally required if you want to be a VNer.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61157 on: September 01, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »

Nice to hear one of the gates in your head finally lead someplace pleasant, Vector. ;D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61161 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:07 pm »

Oohhhkay...

Translation:

I have solved a problem!

I just don't know quite how yet.

If I am lucky, one of my professors will let me present on it!  I want to do this very much.  The presentation would be next Wednesday, at which point I will know if I am in heaven or on an acid trip to hell.
It'll turn out you didn't solve the problem after all. But don't worry, this is actually all a dream. Now go back to bed and wake up, your grandmother you never knew about is baking dodos. It's beautiful.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61162 on: September 02, 2011, 12:52:54 am »

After a few hours breaking syntax, I managed to figure out how to use sockets to connect to and request web pages using C++. Still gotta interpret the resulting data into stuff to be of much use, but it may make for something fun; though I'm not quite sure what yet.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61163 on: September 02, 2011, 01:06:15 am »

Good news everyone!  The ocean and the jungle are to the west of my spawn point in Terraria!  Now I only need to explore east to find the other spoilers!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61164 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:16 am »

Downloading Gimp to make my new avatar even newer :3
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61165 on: September 02, 2011, 02:01:49 am »

DJ equipment is so ridiculously overpriced. I think I'll stick with my computer.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61166 on: September 02, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

Today, while walking home, I saw the red bull car stopped at the traffic lights. So of course I was compelled to run 5 km through the city after it until it stopped to hand out drinks.
I just kept up with a car during light traffic conditions. And Sydney has pretty light traffic compared to a lot of capitals at the worst of times.

Getting more fit.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61167 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:27 am »

Hmmm. Ass Creed: Revelations beta invitation. Shitty weather forecast the next few days.

I might suddenly have something to do this weekend.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61168 on: September 02, 2011, 06:53:37 am »

Just had the most amazing train trip ever. It's not something I can explain, but just yes. Yes yes yes.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61169 on: September 02, 2011, 09:01:01 am »

Thought calculus would be scary today but it was a lot of fun.  First week of college over and now I have a three day weekend to do stuff.  Everything is pretty easy so far.

Calculus
Chemistry
Spanish
CSE
Engineering
FYE

Spanish letters pronounce the same as Japanese.  :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:02:58 am by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 4076 4077 [4078] 4079 4080 ... 13325