Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4037 4038 [4039] 4040 4041 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762374 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60570 on: August 25, 2011, 08:01:28 am »

But then I promised to never host a forum game again.
Whaaa-

Why?
All my games die due to lazyness and my constant self-depreciation and perfectionism.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60571 on: August 25, 2011, 08:04:38 am »

It actually seemed immersive at one point? I never noticed.

You're too young to remember... or too old to appreciate.

Doom was one of the first game's I've ever played. Even back then it never seemed immersive.

So you didn't get all warm and fuzzy inside when finding a secret tunnel you never knew of before?

Erp, what else... oh, the Castle of the Winds... lovely Roguelike-like dungeon adventure game...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60572 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:34 am »

This morning's post-of-the-day brought to you by relaxed Vector!  Seriously, although exercise/meditation/whatever DVDs don't hold a candle to the real thing, exercising and relaxing first thing in the morning was one of my better ideas to add to my schedule last night.

Another good idea was waking up and checking my email accounts.  There is a new chapter of Methods of Rationality out.

And now, it's time to go wash my hair, which is exciting a. because it takes all of five minutes and b. because I have this nice new orange-scented shampoo, which I can use instead of the tea tree stuff because I no longer have dandruff.

(Yes!  Shorter hair, go!)

I also might even be able to finish another novel today, which would be wonderful.  However, there is lots and lots of work to be done, so maybe not.

Anyway, this was probably my big post of the day unless something weird comes up to make me lug my computer out again later, so I hope that everything goes well for you guys!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60573 on: August 25, 2011, 09:13:33 am »

I also might even be able to finish another novel today, which would be wonderful.
This is what I imagine your room to look like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60574 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:05 am »

... Yeah, it's more than a bit like that >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #60575 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:53 am »

I also might even be able to finish another novel today, which would be wonderful.

Kinda had the same feeling :P

But as long as Vector (and all wonderful people of bay12) are happy, I'm happy ;P

And hey, I had pasta today which I was able to make from fresh things, not pre-made mixes. Happy~~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #60576 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

I wish I had that many shelves to keep books on.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60577 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:14 am »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60578 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:24 am »

Don't have to repeat my first year IT :D
*Hugs*

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #60579 on: August 25, 2011, 11:35:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:29:38 pm by Lysabild »

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60580 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »

Got my exam results today ;D

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60581 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:14 pm »

I got to hold the door for a bunch of people leaving the Engineering building after class today. Little things, little things :D
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60582 on: August 25, 2011, 01:01:46 pm »

A much simpler time...

Bwahaha, that's great. It'd work, too, if that rocket wasn't six inches from Doomguy's face.

Hmm... I haven't wrestled one of those Cybers in ages but I've got a hunch that assuming Doomguy is standing still, straferunning backwards could still dodge the rocket.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60583 on: August 25, 2011, 01:18:47 pm »

More KERBALS... IN... SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!

I made a pretty awesome rocket that is actually reasonably reliable which shattered my previous record (a decent cluster of solids surrounding a liquid core (2 stages; 1 long (2 fuel tanks), and 1 short + tri-fin setup for orbital orientation control), and due to having wings on the last stage, I was also able to nearly send these little dudes orbiting the planet. Nonetheless, here's the score I got:

My best run yet. Now, if only I had a hyper-drive installed within, I could replicate Star Trek First Contact.

EDIT:
Wow, Added another 500,000 total distance to my record by adding a few exterior mounts, and better throttle control and orientation. This time, I landed on the dark side of the world, and got a rather epic shot of the sunrise area (I think I was headed east).

Spoiler: Awesome screenshot (click to show/hide)

After the first stage breaks off, it kinda knocks everything off-kilter a tad, but with enough focus and control, the mega-full-burn ascension isn't too bad (still a crappy slowish ascent due to still plenty atmo), after that, then it's liquid time (far less resistance, and more control over the speed of ascent), and finally, the aiming stage. I love this game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:56:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60584 on: August 25, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got that special email from Paradox. About CK2
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 4037 4038 [4039] 4040 4041 ... 13325