Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3847 3848 [3849] 3850 3851 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756322 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57720 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:05 am »

They're right, it really is like they were making a final fantasy game until the marketing guys slapped them back into line.
What they've done to the Sonic series makes me glad I was a SNES owner back in the day and only really played the Sonic games of those days years later. At least they can't stomp on my early video game memories. Mario games haven't even got this strange, in fact I quite like the direction the more story focused Mario games have gone (like all the Mario RPGs).

Edit: The title makes me think of The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat but really that's because I got the title backwards on first reading.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57721 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:11 am »

Seriously, destroying dementors.

At the age of 11.
Due to 'science' or something.
And applying science to magic does. not. work.

That is why it is so hilarious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57722 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:44 am »

It could be Chinese Harry Potter fanfiction...

And of course my personal favourite:
Harry Potter and the Motherfuckin' Dinosaurs

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57723 on: July 26, 2011, 02:59:41 am »

That first picture looks very suggestive.

And he's riding a fucking dinosaur?!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE. HARD.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57724 on: July 26, 2011, 03:11:19 am »

Seriously, destroying dementors.

At the age of 11.
Due to 'science' or something.
And applying science to magic does. not. work.

Have you read Enders Game? If you haven't then do so, and if you have then you'll understand fully what I'm saying.

It is basically Enders Game with Harry Potter on top. In Enders Game Ender destroys a entire race of hostile beings when he's still only a child. He's the same cold, intelligent, calculating child that Harry is here. Hell, the whole Army thing is taken stroke for stroke from Enders game! He excels, so the odds are slowly but surely changed so that they are astronomically against him but he wins anyway because he is god damn Harry Potter/Ender Wiggam!

There is so many more comparisons I could make but it's too late for me to write a paper. Let me just say that Enders Game is amazing and leave it at that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57725 on: July 26, 2011, 03:14:57 am »

Yeah, though it does have wonderful elements that I felt were absent from both HP and EG.

*swoon*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57726 on: July 26, 2011, 03:17:26 am »

I grew to dislike harry potter over time, and my political views destroyed my ability to enjoy enders game. Been enjoying some Roald Dahl most recently.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57727 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57728 on: July 26, 2011, 03:21:59 am »

That shit be crazy.

Gonna read it again now.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57729 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:26 am »

After reading various fanfiction and the Book of Mormon I have been rendered entirely unable to enjoy fanfiction except for the Cthulhu mythos.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57730 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:39 am »

Fell into a snare of sorts lately, and got lost amidst some possibilities and gilded promises. Luckily, I found a much-needed spool of thread to help me find the way out.

I'm feeling ready to tackle tomorrow.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57731 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:14 am »

They're right, it really is like they were making a final fantasy game until the marketing guys slapped them back into line.
What they've done to the Sonic series makes me glad I was a SNES owner back in the day and only really played the Sonic games of those days years later. At least they can't stomp on my early video game memories. Mario games haven't even got this strange, in fact I quite like the direction the more story focused Mario games have gone (like all the Mario RPGs).

Bear in mind, this game came out in 2006, and pretty much everybody involved got clobbered for it.  The "story" in Sonic games is now more or less nonexistent, which is for the best.  Unleashed was hit or miss, because the actual "fast" parts were awesome, but true to their nature not very long.  Just as the game above was "Final Fantasy w/ Sonic", the figured they'd try "God of War w/ Sonic" to stretch out the playtime.  That blew, so they dumped it completely for Colors, which is a very fun game that's not very long.

I think it says something about the videogame industry when people compare new Sonic games to old ones.  A reasonably competent player could blow through the complete Sonic 3 & Knuckles pack in a couple hours, and that was two separate games.  Today, reviewers will crucify you for having the temerity to charge full price for a game that takes less than ten hours to finish.

Hilarious video though, it deserved to be made fun of.  Again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57732 on: July 26, 2011, 03:59:23 am »

Hilarious video though, it deserved to be made fun of.  Again.

The guy that do unskippable have their moments. Always good to watch!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57733 on: July 26, 2011, 04:02:55 am »

Fell into a snare of sorts lately, and got lost amidst some possibilities and gilded promises. Luckily, I found a much-needed spool of thread to help me find the way out.

I'm feeling ready to tackle tomorrow.

Happy to hear this :)

Personally I'm cooking some food right now, and I'm scared if it'll turn out bad, because all the ingredients weren't cheap >_<

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57734 on: July 26, 2011, 04:05:09 am »

Later today i'll cook some bierocks for the gf's family to show off some cooking skills, bout time someone will appreciate my art other than myself ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3847 3848 [3849] 3850 3851 ... 13325