Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796906 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57030 on: July 19, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »

Aren't these stories supposed to be about humanity putting aside their differences to smite evil?

Not anymore, now it's about middle-aged women's wet dreams lamenting immortality and having sex.

You know what was a good portrayal of vampires?  30 Days of Night.  Everything else, no.  Vampires are the unicorns of horror, always have been.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57031 on: July 19, 2011, 08:18:13 pm »

Not anymore, now it's about middle-aged women's wet dreams lamenting immortality and having sex.

You know what was a good portrayal of vampires?  30 Days of Night.  Everything else, no.  Vampires are the unicorns of horror, always have been.

Was that the first one? I remember watching both and the more recent sequel was terrible. The first one's portrayal was glorious.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57032 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:03 pm »

I will stand by my statement that both Dracula and Hellsing are fabulous.  Otherwise, I agree with you as far as everything else I've read and seen.

Also, vampires can and should be sexual creatures--our first example was Carmilla, after all, who seduced women.  But I'm not seeing the "fundamental other" as someone who sits around lamenting or wishing for women/men to defile.  I want my monsters to be monsters.  If they're not (for the most part) parasites or predators in every way, I'm not interested.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57033 on: July 19, 2011, 08:29:45 pm »

Getting my braces off tomorrow. Must resist the temptation to pry the brackets off with a crowbar for....one.....more.......night......
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57034 on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:36 pm »

I will stand by my statement that both Dracula and Hellsing are fabulous.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57035 on: July 19, 2011, 08:31:05 pm »

Also, vampires can and should be sexual creatures--our first example was Carmilla, after all, who seduced women.  But I'm not seeing the "fundamental other" as someone who sits around lamenting or wishing for women/men to defile.  I want my monsters to be monsters.  If they're not (for the most part) parasites or predators in every way, I'm not interested.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't abandoned my "vampire talk radio host" story idea, but it was stupid.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57036 on: July 19, 2011, 08:32:40 pm »

My pitiful beard, I can't stop touching it and it makes me feel so MANLY ;_; Please grow FASTER.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57037 on: July 19, 2011, 08:33:42 pm »

I've never understood why people hate braces so much. I'm stuck with mine for another two years or so and after adjusting they're just little shiny happy things that shine at me when I'm brushing my teeth so long as I don't perv myself and look down my own shirt.

I kinda like the look. I think Ill miss my braces when they're gone...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57038 on: July 19, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »

Holy crap! In less than three hours I'm officially an uncle!
Congratulations in less than three hours then ^^ Hope the kid will be wonderful.

I hope so, too. It's too bad I won't really see much of either my sister or niece in the next little bit though, them being 500 miles away. I do get to go down sometime next month though, when things have settled down. My mom's a tad bipolar right now, switching between joyousness over everything going well and having a grandchild and the realization that she's now a grandparent.

EDIT: Damn, that was fast.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:41:47 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #57039 on: July 19, 2011, 08:55:30 pm »

I've never understood why people hate braces so much. I'm stuck with mine for another two years or so and after adjusting they're just little shiny happy things that shine at me when I'm brushing my teeth so long as I don't perv myself and look down my own shirt.

Mostly depends on the person who put them on. I had mine for 3 or 4 years due to the guy being senile and failing to do anything right until he finally vanished and was never heard from again. Then another guy took over and I was done in a few months. At one point I even ended up with a tooth at a 45 degree angle to the ones next to it from failorthodontist.. Took 6 months to get it straight again. >_<

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57040 on: July 19, 2011, 08:57:34 pm »

Well mine are being used since my teeth need some positioning. Since they're kinda pointy and they cut me sometimes. So it's really fine movements being done over a long period. Again though I don't mind. I think they make me look pretty cute.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57041 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:37 pm »

Playing Vega Strike.
Forgot how much fun this was.
*Hugs*

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57042 on: July 19, 2011, 10:20:26 pm »

Reading a Mundo guide. I may be shit as him, but I can still appreciate MUNDO MUNDO.
When should you be throwing a cleaver? Here: See a chance to hit a champ? Cleaver. Last hit a minion? Cleaver. See an opponent come near your minions? Cleaver. Jungle creep? Cleaver. Enemy trying to run from you? Cleaver. Stealth champ might possibly be nearby? Cleaver. Annoying teammate? Cleaver. Cleaver? Cleaver.

[SNIP]

Ah, Sadism. This is what make Mundo the Undying Minister of Pain. Everything Mundo does is in bulk. He's like Costco. But with Cleavers.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #57043 on: July 19, 2011, 10:32:34 pm »

Did someone say Rebecca McBlack Fryday thread?
Seriously, this made me crack up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57044 on: July 19, 2011, 10:44:56 pm »

Honestly, the reason I hate them so much is mostly from past experience. I don't know if it's normal or not, but when I first got them on my teeth hurt so much I couldn't muster the willpower to chew something as solid as a ham sandwich during the first week, and for the next three weeks after that I could only do so through extreme pain. Then again, I bleed pints whenever I try to floss, so perhaps I'm just a weakling when it comes to my teeth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 13325