Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3798 3799 [3800] 3801 3802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797876 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56985 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:04 am »

Hmm, that reminds me.  Last time I went to my Dad's one of the neighbors gave us like a bazillion egg rolls they made.  Those were pretty delicious.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56986 on: July 19, 2011, 09:07:15 am »

Homemade egg rolls are made of win. I've tried once or twice myself, but mine are made of laowai (foreigner) fail. They taste okay, but structurally it's less like an eggroll and more like a lumpy Chinese burrito. I can do a mean fried rice though. And I keep wanting to try my hand at mapo doufu but I'm too lazy to get all the ingredients together.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56987 on: July 19, 2011, 09:10:44 am »

ArmA II WOOOOOORKSSSS!!!!!

Haven't even gotten around to starting to download it, wanting to get STO fully patched before I start.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56988 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:24 am »

Woo artsy synth-pop.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56989 on: July 19, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

Found some kind person who uploaded the entirety of the French musical of Dracula--featuring our own lovely Coat in the titular role--on Youtube.

This is really quite exciting.  Much like NDdP, it seems like a fairly steep departure from the original novel in terms of themes and composition, but like it'll be pretty good.  Not too sure about the apparent nerfing of Dracula's character, but... well, the rest of the performance is strong enough that I might have to live with it =/

Well, hopefully it'll be good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56990 on: July 19, 2011, 09:41:20 am »

French musical of Dracula.... :o
That....I'm not sure which I'm hoping for more...that it'll be a sublime masterpiece of pathos and character exploration, or that i'll be a camp-fest of the highest order (I'm thinking Cannibal: The Musical as a template.)

In other happy, slightly WTF news, the People's Republic of China is combatting rising food prices by tapping into their strategic pork reserve.
This is not an Onion article. They actually have a strategic pork reserve. Now, America must act decisively or else we may be facing a deliciousness gap.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56991 on: July 19, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

I return home after five days.

However, as I was coming home my Dad tells me that the family reunion is going to be coming up in a couple of days for the weekend and he wants me to come.  It's also in Maine because you know French Canadian.  He says it's going to be awesome.

It's like, all of these opportunities present themselves and I don't even have to do anything.  Well, the only thing I have to do is accept these invitations but I mean come on I can do that or else I would never improve!

So, I'll be going to Maine probably Thursday until roughly Sunday or Monday?  Ah whatever that's life.

Although, as I try to enjoy myself I still need to keep myself in check.  I still need a driver's license, I still need a bank account, I still need to do college shit, and most importantly I still need to keep growing up as a successful adult.  I don't know how this will pan out but I knew I couldn't reject my Dad's offer or else I would never change my situation at all, oi oi oi.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56992 on: July 19, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

Generic Kroger brand poptarts: 99 cents.
Poptart poptarts: 3 dollars 17 cents.
Difference in taste and texture: none.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56993 on: July 19, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Yeah I bought a box with a dozen generic poptarts and it was the best deal ever.  You have to toaster oven the damn things for the best result man.  Dozen as in 12 packets with 2 poptarts in each.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56994 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:33 pm »

I don't remember eating real poptarts in the last year. Careful though, there are some out there (at Aldi's mainly) that are crumbly and are the worst thing in the world when expecting the good generic.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56995 on: July 19, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

So I got my bogus tragic case dismissed.
Thank you based dwarf.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #56996 on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »

By decree of the Society of Dutch Mortar Operators, it is now nap time! :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56997 on: July 19, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

I would seriously like to see "play dead" as a strategic strategy in those days.  An enemy faction would stumble upon your completely defunct army and then when they approach to investigate this mass murder you jump up and ambush them!  Make sure to bite their ankles!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56998 on: July 19, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »

Bonus points if your military leader knows necromancy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56999 on: July 19, 2011, 03:09:56 pm »

French musical of Dracula.... :o
That....I'm not sure which I'm hoping for more...that it'll be a sublime masterpiece of pathos and character exploration, or that i'll be a camp-fest of the highest order (I'm thinking Cannibal: The Musical as a template.)

I think it's kind of both, seeing as the subtitle is "Between love and death" and, as far as I can tell, it's about the original count (Vlad Tepes III, i.e. Vlad the Impaler) being betrayed by his vampiric bride, becoming a vampire, and then being tricked into being locked away for 500 years by the girl in question.  Why?  I have no idea.  But anyway, he comes back, he's... angry for some reason, and then he falls in love with Mina Harker, the betrothed of Jonathan.

Yeah, I'm really not sure about this plot so far.  It doesn't help that part of it seems to be in Hungarian =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3798 3799 [3800] 3801 3802 ... 13325