Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15831348 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56415 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:59 am »

I finally beat that machine. Monster X is no more!
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56417 on: July 13, 2011, 08:06:38 am »

Gotta love web-vigilantism.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56418 on: July 13, 2011, 08:08:20 am »

Gotta love web-vigilantism.
With kitten pictures! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56419 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:38 am »

I think the impromptu Gilbert & Sullivan rendition in the comments section made me even happier.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56420 on: July 13, 2011, 08:27:30 am »

Apparantly, FATAL has a bunch of Slayer references. Although, I'm not 100% sure that it does it still made me happy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56421 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:17 am »

I think i've found my reading pace.Usually i read like mad once i get started, finishing books in days, regardless of their lenght.But i with the Game of Thrones it's a bit different, maybe because i know how it goes so i'm not as enthusiastic as i usually am, or it's the heat that is sucking it all out of me, but i've found that a few chapters spread trough the day work best, anything more than that and it slowly turns into a big blur so by the end i'm not even sure what i read.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56422 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:38 am »

Ahhhh, tea, toast, and egg.  When I was a little girl, I never thought I'd enjoy breakfast, or eating in general.  It's gained my respect.

Better than breakfast alone, however, is breakfast enjoyed whilst reading well-written vampire fiction.  Never thought I'd see the appeal of vampires, but the demonic, bloodthirsty, nearly-uncontrollable kind has won my heart.  I guess I'll always be a sucker for monster stories  :-[  Next... The Tempest?  I could see Caliban being much fun.

Now... to work, so that I can report back later with a productive day and much happiness gleaned.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #56423 on: July 13, 2011, 11:35:38 am »

Never thought I'd see the appeal of vampires, but the demonic, bloodthirsty, nearly-uncontrollable kind has won my heart.
If those are the kind of vampires you like, check out Vampire$. I must warn you though, there's a bit of sexual content somewhere in the middle.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56424 on: July 13, 2011, 11:42:45 am »

Basically, I don't like the angsty "here I am to be handsome and wangst about immortality" kind.  I like the kind that is clearly fundamentally non-human, utterly self-serving, and cooperating--should it choose to--solely for its own enjoyment, or perhaps to fulfill a necessary debt.  None of this silly empathy stuff.  Actual predators, not "behold the skin of a predator waaaaaaaaaangst."

So, as far as what I've liked, I enjoyed Stoker's novel and Hellsing.  If Vampire$ falls in the same vein, I'll take a look.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56425 on: July 13, 2011, 11:47:04 am »

Next... The Tempest?  I could see Caliban being much fun.
In my undergrad days, our dorm had its own little guerrilla theater group that would do plays each semester. We did a sort of "The Tempest in 10 Minutes" thing, and a buddy of mine was Caliban. He decided to do him as one of the French knights from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Which worked fantastically, because much of Caliban's dialogue is laced with insults and profanity, and the gist of his character is "Prospero sucks! Oh shit, did he hear that? I wave my naughty parts in your direction, Prospero! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a---grkk---damn magic! Okay, I'll do what you want. Asshole."

On vampires: please tell me you've seen From Dusk Til Dawn. Tarantino's misogyny aside, it's a fun movie. And the vampires in that are pretty much bloodthirsty demons. And there's some hilarious moments in it.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #56426 on: July 13, 2011, 11:47:28 am »

Basically, I don't like the angsty "here I am to be handsome and wangst about immortality" kind.  I like the kind that is clearly fundamentally non-human, utterly self-serving, and cooperating--should it choose to--solely for its own enjoyment, or perhaps to fulfill a necessary debt.  None of this silly empathy stuff.  Actual predators, not "behold the skin of a predator waaaaaaaaaangst."

So, as far as what I've liked, I enjoyed Stoker's novel and Hellsing.  If Vampire$ falls in the same vein, I'll take a look.

I liked the Vampires: The Masquerade, that was a RPG, though some spin off series was made. I don't know if any books were ever written for the world.

Basicly, all the best and all the worst of Vampires, the different clans left room for it all, and the factions even more so.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56427 on: July 13, 2011, 11:59:35 am »

I liked the Vampires: The Masquerade, that was a RPG, though some spin off series was made. I don't know if any books were ever written for the world.
I think there were 30-40 novels. White Wolf never misses a chance to cash in. I assume they were mostly dreadful.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #56428 on: July 13, 2011, 12:19:29 pm »

That's basically what the Vampires in Vampire$ are. The young ones are basically zombies, not even able to talk, let alone think. Then the master vampires, the old as hell ones, are really goddamn smart, fast, and powerful, making them scary motherfuckers. There's only one or two in the whole book though.

Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT watch the movie first. I does no justice to the book, whatsoever, and casting James Woods as the main character was a horrible choice. Plus they got rid of several characters and pulled a couple new ones out of nowhere. Even if the movie weren't based on a book, the movie is shit anyway. Just don't even bother.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:24:19 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #56429 on: July 13, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

http://wulffmorgenthaler.dk/strip/2008/09/10/Amerika

XD

Text says "Geography lesson in a normal American school." and Verdenen means "The World"

Edit:

Incase anyone would feel slighted, here's one where the exact same guy makes a similar joke about the danish education system.

http://wulffmorgenthaler.dk/strip/2009/10/28/Michelangelo

Text: "If Michelangelo had went to a Danish folk school." And the guy is saying "I said 'Ashtray'! A-S-H-T-R-A-Y!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:29:17 pm by Lysabild »
Pages: 1 ... 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 ... 13326