Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836964 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56175 on: July 09, 2011, 11:48:19 pm »

Ahh, D&D. The rails exploded today, leaving only a few scattered shards of iron. 2 of the 3 potential BBEGs are excised from time or reincarnated as a Neutral infant. The PCs, through a really irritatingly long series of back-and-forth disarm checks (this whole sequence took about 2 hours), finally got hold of the Artifact Macguffin Sword long enough to use it. The werewolf lord ruler of one of the primarily belligerent nations in the Grand Clusterfuck War (not what it was called in-universe, obviously) had his arm torn off by the now-excised necromancer, and is unconscious at the mercy of half the party, trapped in the equivalent of Heaven in this setting. A Demon Lord suffered a complete mental breakdown and was then imploded, returned permanently to Hell. The excised potential BBEG freed a demon god of wood from its prison with his final action, ending the session with a lone PC in the labyrinth beneath a populated castle city, about to face a monster capable of annihilating civilizations, and this PC has got 3 points of Wis damage, 6 points of Con damage, no more spell slots, is exhausted, with 19 hit points (out of 70 something). All he has is the sword, which his will cannot reliably force into proper supernatural usefulness on a whim (it's still an Epic weapon in a level 6 game, though, so there's that).

Shit's about get interesting.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56176 on: July 10, 2011, 12:30:10 am »

The turtles crossed the road because it was actually an airport runway. Thats a new one to me. Also had a russian accent, impromptu acting, and Miku.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56177 on: July 10, 2011, 12:34:56 am »

What the Killing Floor DOSH is based on.
MUNNEH MUNNEH MUNNEH!

The Tripwire guys have that sense of humour.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56178 on: July 10, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

Watched the first 72 minutes of Full Metal Jacket.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56179 on: July 10, 2011, 12:37:42 am »

Watched the first 72 minutes of Full Metal Jacket.

That's the only part any body cares about, since the rest of the movie is just kinda weird.  It's basically a movie about incompetence.  You're supposed to have mixed feelings about it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56180 on: July 10, 2011, 12:41:39 am »

The turtles crossed the road because it was actually an airport runway. Thats a new one to me. Also had a russian accent, impromptu acting, and Miku.
Oh gods yes.

Also I am slightly happy that the song was levan polkka, or knowing that.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56182 on: July 10, 2011, 12:43:23 am »

I just watched Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon again. For a "culturally important" film, it's kind of ludicrously and hilariously bad at some parts.

No matter how you feel about Kubrick's FMJ, you can't help but admire R. Lee Ermey's performance as brilliant.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56183 on: July 10, 2011, 12:48:54 am »

No matter how you feel about Kubrick's FMJ, you can't help but admire R. Lee Ermey's performance as brilliant.

It would seem more brilliant if it was the first time you ever saw it, instead of seeing everyone in the world, including himself, parody it first, before seeing FMJ.  I respect shticks but goddamn.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56184 on: July 10, 2011, 01:02:48 am »

Yeah, gotta respect the dude for his awesome ability to act like the enraged drill sergeant that he actually is.
Odd that you mention the brilliance of his performance being dulled by parodies/imatations, personally i found what ruined the impact was the fact that i had seen him playing the same part in dozens of films/tv shows/documentaries before i actually watched FMJ.
Also, screw you OP, i'll mention all the metal i want!
Brass! Sodium! CLownite makes me happy!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #56185 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:55 am »

Yeah, gotta respect the dude for his awesome ability to act like the enraged drill sergeant that he actually is.
Odd that you mention the brilliance of his performance being dulled by parodies/imatations, personally i found what ruined the impact was the fact that i had seen him playing the same part in dozens of films/tv shows/documentaries before i actually watched FMJ.
Personally, I'm a fan of Iron and Aluminum. Mostly due to thermite because thermite is glorious.

Also, I'm happy today because of this nice warm feeling I got because I got steam gifted by a friend.~
Many thanks were exchanged and I was happy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:09:48 am by iceball3 »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56186 on: July 10, 2011, 01:15:35 am »

Personally, I'm a fan of Iron and Aluminum. Mostly due to thermite because thermite is glorious.

Also, I'm happy today because of this nice warm feeling I got because I got steam gifted by a friend.~
Many thanks were exchanged and I was happy.
BRotip: It's rust and aluminum in thermite, not raw iron. Iron oxide, which qualifies as an oxide, not a metal, IIRC.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56187 on: July 10, 2011, 01:25:01 am »

That's the only part any body cares about, since the rest of the movie is just kinda weird.  It's basically a movie about incompetence.  You're supposed to have mixed feelings about it.

I was quite impressed by the performance, and embarrassed by thinking that the obstacle course stuff looked like a lot of fun >_________>  I guess the thing is that I still kind of can't imagine anyone being so horrible to anyone else.  The shouting and corporal punishment?  Yes, absolutely--I got enough of a flavor of that in math and kendo, and it really isn't that big of a stretch.  The rest of it, though... oh, goodness =/  Just horrible.

It would seem more brilliant if it was the first time you ever saw it, instead of seeing everyone in the world, including himself, parody it first, before seeing FMJ.  I respect shticks but goddamn.

First time for me, actually.  I think this may have been the first time I saw him acting in anything... hell, this is the first American war film I've ever seen any of!  The closest I'd gotten before this to any war movie would have to be Downfall and Aliens.

I suspect I've been rendered immune by Homestuck, oddly enough.  ... Says something about Karkat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56188 on: July 10, 2011, 01:27:31 am »

First time for me, actually.  I think this may have been the first time I saw him acting in anything... hell, this is the first American war film I've ever seen any of!  The closest I'd gotten before this to any war movie would have to be Downfall and Aliens.

I suspect I've been rendered immune by Homestuck, oddly enough.  ... Says something about Karkat.

Dang girl, I don't know where to start on recommendations, but FMJ would not have been my first.  But yeah, it's not like it's the hardest core thing you've ever seen.

Hmm... I'm not sure what the best war movies to recommend are, but When Trumpets Fade is one of the all time best period.  Good luck finding it though, as an early HBO direct-release.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56189 on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:27 am »

Go watch Saving Private Ryan. Now.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 13326