Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3698 3699 [3700] 3701 3702 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768479 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] It's like milk you can drink. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #55485 on: July 03, 2011, 01:35:07 am »

...How should I feel, having understood every word of Joshua's post, even though I haven't played MTG since 1995?
* MaximumZero scratches his head.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #55486 on: July 03, 2011, 02:10:22 am »

I understood it pretty well and I've never even played MtG!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55487 on: July 03, 2011, 02:14:03 am »

I was an avid YGO player yea long ago, so I know how clusterfucky excited you can get about card games. At least sans motorcycle. I've no idea what card games on motorcycles are like. What a dumb idea...

Also, SpaceChem. In part, I'm raging at the damn company for being too lazy to give me proper reactors. How the hell do you expect me to fit half a dozen disassembly reactors and then still shoehorn in a couple of assembly reactors? You won't even give me pipe crossovers! But the other part of me is smugcat because it is slowly but surely figuring it out.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55488 on: July 03, 2011, 02:15:57 am »

(bigoted remark removed)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:09:21 pm by Toady One »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #55489 on: July 03, 2011, 02:45:40 am »

/MTGasm
I actually kind of prefer the physical game, rather than the online one. Although I can hardly ever find anyone to play it with, and I've never won a battle in my life. I did find out that a certain blue/green deck I created was super powerful, though, when someone else used it against me.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55490 on: July 03, 2011, 02:59:01 am »

At least sans motorcycle. I've no idea what card games on motorcycles are like. What a dumb idea...
It keeps getting dumber and dumber. Or so I've heard.

And the kids who watch it get more and more frustrated that their dull, expensive card games are not anything like the totally bombastin' card game on the television show.

I am honestly surprised that Yu-gi-oh is still a thing.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55491 on: July 03, 2011, 03:01:37 am »

As I understand it, the card version is still alive and well, but the show has gotten dumber than Pokemon's.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55492 on: July 03, 2011, 03:06:41 am »

As I understand it, the card version is still alive and well, but the show has gotten dumber than Pokemon's.

Oh, the Pokemans show. I was one of those kids who got his parents to take him to every movie, and watched every episode and played every generation, up until RSE when I stopped watching the show, and DP when I finished the games and was done with Pokemon.

The show got worse almost every episode, it felt like.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55493 on: July 03, 2011, 03:08:41 am »

The original manga was good.

The spinoff card game was actually really fun.  It had a certain something to it... I actually think I preferred it to MTG in many ways.

The only good thing about the anime is the Abridged Series.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55494 on: July 03, 2011, 03:10:15 am »

Abridged is always the best part of an anime.

As to the cards... I disliked the mechanics. Even when younger.

And the manga I wouldn't mind reading even to this day. That's some amazing stuff, right there.

The difference between how the manga and anime evolved is like this: in the original game, a lot of the mechanics were set up as gameplay abstractions -- Pokemon couldn't attack trainers, you couldn't actually kill a Pokemon, things weren't messed up or destroyed around you from your battles.

The anime rolled with this, and hand waved most of it away, turning it into a much lighter-hearted, franchise and merchandise oriented series.

The manga just ignored it all entirely. How would this physicaly world be if Pokemon existed? Sure, things were a lot less horrific than they could be, but the manga threw most of the gameplay abstractions out the window, and deconstructed those it didn't.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:16:08 am by freeformschooler »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55495 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:17 am »

I played a whole bunch of Terraria today, and had a great time.

However, I suspect I need to start digging even deeper, so that I can get stuff better than iron >_>  No idea what I'll find down there...

This is kind of exciting =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55496 on: July 03, 2011, 03:18:31 am »

I played a whole bunch of Terraria today, and had a great time.

However, I suspect I need to start digging even deeper, so that I can get stuff better than iron >_>  No idea what I'll find down there...

This is kind of exciting =)
If you can find a very high mountain, towards the surface you should find gold/silver deposits. You'll have a LOT of falling if you go straight down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55497 on: July 03, 2011, 03:20:24 am »

What, you were talking Pokemon?  I was talking Yu-Gi-Oh... sorry.

If you can find a very high mountain, towards the surface you should find gold/silver deposits. You'll have a LOT of falling if you go straight down.

Nah, all I've got is a pretty big hill in my little area before I hit the dead zone on both sides.

But, if I find one, I'll go for it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55498 on: July 03, 2011, 03:32:39 am »

Watched some movies and shit.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55499 on: July 03, 2011, 03:37:29 am »

What, you were talking Pokemon?  I was talking Yu-Gi-Oh... sorry.

Everything we just talked about suddenly makes a lot more sense and a lot less sense.
Pages: 1 ... 3698 3699 [3700] 3701 3702 ... 13325