Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3562 3563 [3564] 3565 3566 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757498 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [Headpants!] Things you wore on your head today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #53445 on: June 10, 2011, 06:57:07 pm »

Started playing LCS for the first time today. That the game's recruiting system is essentially a juice pyramid scheme amuses me highly.
As did the attempt to use the 'fight' option with an unarmed ex-judge against 2 deathsquad cops when caught redhanded trying to steal a pickup truck.
Kennedy McQueen debates the Second Amendment with DethSquad Officer!
DeathSquad Officer seems less badass!
It wasn't very effective, as his torso was shot to pieces immediately afterwards.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53446 on: June 10, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

Sent another silly email to the Denver Broncos.

These guys are going to hate me soon.

Hee hee.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53447 on: June 10, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »

Sent another silly email to the Denver Broncos.

These guys are going to hate me soon.

Hee hee.
This calls for elaboration?
Love, scriver~

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53448 on: June 10, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

Essentially, any silly email I send gets CC'd to the Denver Broncos, and I add "I am CCing this to the Denver Broncos as they seem to be a brilliant group who will work untiringly until my problem is solved."

It's funnier than it sounds.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53449 on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »

http://attrition.org/misc/disclaimer.html
Silly disclaimer is awesome in its sillyness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53451 on: June 10, 2011, 08:46:13 pm »

Finally tried Runescape again.

Honestly, it's gotten a lot better, although the broadcasting of "member" shit is still running amok.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53452 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:01 pm »

Honestly, it's gotten a lot better, although the broadcasting of "member" shit is still running amok.
member shit?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #53453 on: June 10, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »

member shit?
They love making a little message appear which states something along the lines of 'Only members can do this action!' And due to how much stuff is members only (80% or more of the game), it is extremely frequent.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53454 on: June 10, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

Quote from: Dev log
Celebrating dad's birthday today, so I won't get to much else. I'm going to do some of the sponsorship animals next to avoid falling further behind on that. I'll probably make that a weekend thing now.

This made me happy. Toady can be normal and still get work done, unlike Notch. And Toady can take all the vacations he wants, he's done an amazing job so far and I know he will continue to be amazing.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53455 on: June 10, 2011, 09:07:52 pm »

member shit?
One of the biggest reasons I said "Fuck this" last time I played.
Sorry, but [rant]
Firstly, there is an inane amount of grinding. Want to do the next step in the quest? Oh, no you can't. You need 25 levels of Pray to equip this amulet you need. Want to start another quest? Nope. You needed to finish that other quest that required 50 Lumberjack's special item. So, you ended up spending hour after hour harvesting bones worth a tiny 5 XP a piece from the areas where others spend the time grinding up x combat skill so you can move on with the current plot.
I recall last time I played RS reading a Q&A from the devs. There was a particular line that made me explode.
"We don't see the free version as a trial, we see the member version as an Expansion pack."
No. No. Nononononono. First, and expansion pack isn't advertised CONSTANTLY throughout the unexpanded game. Take WoW for an example. When I beat the Lich King, do I get a popup saying "You need to buy Cataclysm to move on!"? Nope. Second,  expansion packs aren't larger than the initial game. What did Vietnam add to Magicka? A level, a few guns, and a magicka. Not anywhere do I see a new campaign, nor a say, gunpowder element I need the pack to unlock.[/rant]

I could keep going, but my sense of Self-respect demands I stop.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53456 on: June 10, 2011, 09:14:34 pm »

I saw Aqizzar's personal text under his avatar, and for a moment I thought it was some profound message on the individual being and his/her relevance or importance to the universe at large, but then I realized that he was just talking about how not to spell his name.

Also, I got a new mouse, and my uncle's gonna give me an iPad for Christmas. Yay!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53457 on: June 10, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »

I saw Aqizzar's personal text under his avatar, and for a moment I thought it was some profound message on the individual being and his/her relevance or importance to the universe at large, but then I realized that he was just talking about how not to spell his name.

There's always a 'U'.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53458 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

There's always a 'U'.

I hadn't even noticed that it was the latter until I read this.

OT: Found out that I might actually get a job working on a riverboat. Also, saw some kitties up for adoption and d'aww'd.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53459 on: June 10, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »

A riverboat? Where? That sound neat as hell.

The closest thing I could get to a boat job here is a gondolier in the Venetian Hotel. I'm bad at singing too, so I can't even do that.
Pages: 1 ... 3562 3563 [3564] 3565 3566 ... 13325