Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3558 3559 [3560] 3561 3562 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762344 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [Headpants!] Things you wore on your head today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #53385 on: June 09, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »

Besides the heat though, it was fairly funny to see the hand-signs person try to keep up with the speedy talker's speech.
"Hey! Stop sign, thank you, turn around, doing doing, horseshoe, turtle, a dooga dooga dooga dooga!!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53387 on: June 09, 2011, 10:19:55 pm »

I'm kind of enjoying how pissed off Curie looks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53388 on: June 09, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »

Besides the heat though, it was fairly funny to see the hand-signs person try to keep up with the speedy talker's speech.
"Hey! Stop sign, thank you, turn around, doing doing, horseshoe, turtle, a dooga dooga dooga dooga!!"
Oh god you should see the poor hand-sign translators at a Renaissance Faire, hilarious.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53389 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:19 pm »

Probably true, but this was seriously fast talking. Like, end-of-commercial "youmustbe18oroldertocall..."speed. it sounded like she was trying to cram 12 minutes of speech into a 5 minute box.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #53390 on: June 09, 2011, 10:37:12 pm »

Oh god you should see the poor hand-sign translators at a Renaissance Faire, hilarious.
Faire
Faire
Faire

Ye olde butcherede englishe strikes againe! damne thee renaissance faire!

Seriously though. How do thay sign olde english?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53391 on: June 09, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »

I'm kind of enjoying how pissed off Curie looks.
I would be too if i ever get tangled in that sausage fest.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53392 on: June 09, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »

Faire
Faire
Faire

Ye olde butcherede englishe strikes againe! damne thee renaissance faire!

Seriously though. How do thay sign olde english?

*coughnotoldenglishcough*

Another fun fact, the Ye you see on Middle English signs (Ye Shoppe) is actually a thorn, written in cursive (The Shoppe).
And you just pronounce every letter.
Sounds a bit odd, but that's Middle English for you.
Do try to find somebody reading Canterbury Tales.
I'm too lazy. :b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE0MtENfOMU

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53393 on: June 09, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »

Just realized I can claim my copy of a free demo of Duke Nukem Forever, kudos to Borderlands. Had to do some searching to figure out how to activate it. Turns out I had to activate my first-access club thing first with the CD-Key provided on the main Duke Nukem Forever site.

In a sorta saddish note, I also realized the demo was released the day I headed up to NY. What timing huh? I'll see if it'll be worth the trouble.

If it wasn't worth the trouble, I might play the classic Duke games to wash it out of my memory (and also get back into waiting for the Real Duke Nukem Forever to be released, like a real Star Control 3 or modern XCOM, Master of Orion 3 done right, or a new X-Wing Series-style game with today's graphics and power; and retaining the storytelling integrity for all of the above (sounds like the main topic in the "No, I don't like anime... Leave me Alone" thread. There's a lack of good story nowadays.)).

EDIT:
It pains me to say this, but the demo was kinda "meh". Felt Halo-ish with the 2 primary weapon setup, no carry-on med-kits; kudos the the EGO regenerating health bar, and many of the jokes seem too forced(and seems dependent on boobs for sales; at least, according to the ending trailer. Ammo was too easy to find (easier then DN3d) and I had no need to use pipebombs in the first actual-ish level, and the demo seemed a bit too short. I think the demo level (the actual demo part) was supposed to be a take-that to Half-Life 2, first with the "taking forever" and physics puzzles, and needing a crowbar to get in. A "Take That" to Valve mayhaps?

At least in Duke Nukem 3D, your demo was the first episode. Or at least a good few levels from it. I foresee some modders are going to be willing to remake it to the more classic DN3d style. Heck, I bet it's been pre-planned to remake Duke3d with DNF graphics and physics and etc.. If there's anyone to impress with this game, it's die-hard G4TV fans. I'll wait for correction mods as well before considering purchase.

Now if you won't mind, I'm going to scrub my brain with some classic gameplay. I'll either wait for it to be gifted, or wait for it to be on sale before considering purchasing a full copy. I think I can wait a little longer before I decide to play Duke Nukem Forever; that, or continue the old feeling of waiting for a release, the fantasy seemed better than reality.

EDIT EDIT:
Corrected my original post. And "I just had to say it" before I played it, I just realized between postings. :P

I don't know if that made the impact better or worse. Better, maybe, because I foresaw potential disappointment.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:32:38 am by Itnetlolor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53394 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »

Leeroy Jenkins is coming to town, so fucking meeting this guy.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #53395 on: June 09, 2011, 11:23:22 pm »

I met cags personal record of breaking a conservative in LCS. Hehe. 4 days. I know faster is likely possible but hey.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53396 on: June 09, 2011, 11:33:19 pm »

It's not about speed, it's about style.
Nothing is better than capturing corporate teenage boys and dressing them up in frilly pink dresses.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53397 on: June 09, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »

Shut the jeabot!
Oh Jimmy! You are indeed humorous.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53399 on: June 10, 2011, 12:22:23 am »

I saw a lady lay on nails and get a cinderblock smashed on her belly with a hammer.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.
Pages: 1 ... 3558 3559 [3560] 3561 3562 ... 13325