Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3255 3256 [3257] 3258 3259 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796351 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno ate today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #48840 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

Oh, I dunno.  I think that's just one of the things that happens when you're 21  ::)

I am happy today because my rhetoric professor thanked me for appealing to my reputation and admitting that technically, I'm mentally ill.  Apparently I was one of the main causes for her having One Of The Best Semesters Ever.

EDIT: And I may be using Homestuck as an example for my presentation.  In any case, I'll be linking the class up to both the Homestuck and the Hetalia archives :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:26:47 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48841 on: April 19, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

...Aren't all people, or at least a large majority, "technically" mentally ill? :P
Also, since I did not take the opportunity to say so before when you brought it up - I think what you did was a very brave thing. Opening myself up to people, especially in large groups, is something I cannot do at all. IRL, that is. Talking about my problems is a bit easier online, but there's still that nagging "guilty" feeling whenever I try to.
Anyway, you gain +10 admireity from me.
Love, scriver~

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48842 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

Kitten's hiding in my shirt, nibbling my fingers when I try to remove them. This is hilarious.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48843 on: April 19, 2011, 04:36:42 pm »

Man... you can't seriously say HarryxRon was more obvious than RonxHermione, can you?

I prefer WorldxSnape, anyway >_>

This has made my day. True; Snape owns everyone.

And to respond to the issue you're addressing, much like scriver said, we're all whacked in the head some way or another. If one is functional (and that's another iffy notion), who gives a damn?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48844 on: April 19, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

...Aren't all people, or at least a large majority, "technically" mentally ill? :P

Christopher Titus had a bit about some Time Magazine study (or something) which said as much 67% of the population could be considered "mentally ill".  That means "crazy" is the majority, and the "normal" people are the weird ones.  It's a good gag.

It's entertaining watching a cat that doesn't know it's being watched.  My cat keeps shuffling back and forth between spots on the porch, like one shady patch of 2x4s is more comfortable than another.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48845 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:50 pm »

DUKE DUKE DUKE DUKE
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated HAS FOUR NEW EPISODES AT ONCE.

I know what we can do.  :]

Also, episode 13 is a reference to Higurashi, which I thought was hilarious.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48846 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:31 pm »

Also, since I did not take the opportunity to say so before when you brought it up - I think what you did was a very brave thing. Opening myself up to people, especially in large groups, is something I cannot do at all. IRL, that is. Talking about my problems is a bit easier online, but there's still that nagging "guilty" feeling whenever I try to.

Ahh, thank you <3

Well, in my case it was to explain that I'd been saddled with something other than the usual depression/anxiety/paraphilia/whatever thing that the majority of the population falls/trips into--which is indeed quite problematic for me from time to time, but deal-withable.  The class was attempting to use the pejorative label of mental illness to write off the opinions of people that they didn't like.  So I basically let them know that unless they wanted to call me a flaming nutbag whose opinions didn't matter, they'd better argue on different grounds.

And, surprisingly enough, it worked.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48847 on: April 19, 2011, 05:13:37 pm »

I found out my ethnicitiestoday! Along with medical risks, etc. I'm so happy!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48848 on: April 19, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

Ahh, thank you <3

Well, in my case it was to explain that I'd been saddled with something other than the usual depression/anxiety/paraphilia/whatever thing that the majority of the population falls/trips into--which is indeed quite problematic for me from time to time, but deal-withable.  The class was attempting to use the pejorative label of mental illness to write off the opinions of people that they didn't like.  So I basically let them know that unless they wanted to call me a flaming nutbag whose opinions didn't matter, they'd better argue on different grounds.

And, surprisingly enough, it worked.
That's...pretty awesome, actually.  I as well as several of my local friends thank you deeply for it, too.  It won't keep me from staying closeted about my stuff for a long time to come, but, the world needs more awareness.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48849 on: April 19, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

Who's got a phone now? THIS GUY!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48850 on: April 19, 2011, 05:47:48 pm »

I arrived home from class to find pancakes and sausages for supper.

Delicious comfort food.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48851 on: April 19, 2011, 06:05:34 pm »

Its the middle of April... one day before my birthday.... and its Snow outside.... white as December... Wow...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48852 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:12 pm »

I as well as several of my local friends thank you deeply for it, too.  It won't keep me from staying closeted about my stuff for a long time to come, but, the world needs more awareness.

You're welcome.  I'll try to keep getting up the guts to do this more in the future, as appropriate.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48853 on: April 19, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »

On another note, I'm using my Y chromosome to generate worlds in DF. Why didn't I think of this sooner.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48854 on: April 19, 2011, 07:01:42 pm »

You fool!  Now I can use your genes to uh... um...

Check random people I know for paternity?
Pages: 1 ... 3255 3256 [3257] 3258 3259 ... 13325