Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846107 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #4785 on: January 27, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

19/100
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:46 pm »

Why do they have to put all the girlybooks in the front?  I mean, I know that having read them is like a prerequisite for getting one of the smarter oldfashion-y girls, but jeez.  Dune is like in the 60s, I want to read Dune.

But that's not how numbers work, and if we can't follow numbers, life is madness.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: January 27, 2010, 10:37:54 pm »

12/100  Fucking twelve.  Really more like 11, since I never finished The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird.  I've got a copy of One The Road that I've been meaning to read for three years, on top of all the other books I've been buying and piling up, sometimes without even opening them.  Not I haven't read a lot of books not on that list, but still.  And I don't see Neuromancer or The Dogs of War on there.

Dammit, I'm not happy now.  Although I did find the State of the Union interesting and somewhat hopeful, so it's the list's fault.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 27, 2010, 10:43:14 pm »

TF2 just got an update. There is a new hat called "the towering pillar of hats". I have no idea what it looks like, but I. Must. Have it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 27, 2010, 10:45:07 pm »

Eh, I'll bite.

19/100. Not a bad score, I guess, but a weird list. JK Rowling and Alice Sebold but not Mark Twain or Franz Kafka or Neal Stephenson or Isaac Aasimov or...bah, forget it. I do appreciate the copious amounts of Dickens on it though. Been meaning to pick up more Dickens. Also...

33 Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
36 The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis
14 Complete Works of Shakespeare
98 Hamlet - William Shakespeare

...?

(EDIT : whoops, missed one...)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:48:10 pm by kinseti »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: January 27, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »

Kinseti's right, there are some doubles.

43/100

Interestingly, I just finished Madame Bovary earlier. Stupid English Lit course.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: January 27, 2010, 10:48:20 pm »

2/100

42 The Da Vinci Code
61 Of Mice and Men

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: January 27, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

12/100  Fucking twelve.  Really more like 11, since I never finished The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird.  I've got a copy of One The Road that I've been meaning to read for three years, on top of all the other books I've been buying and piling up, sometimes without even opening them.  Not I haven't read a lot of books not on that list, but still.  And I don't see Neuromancer or The Dogs of War on there.

Dammit, I'm not happy now.  Although I did find the State of the Union interesting and somewhat hopeful, so it's the list's fault.

I know exactly how you feel, man.  When I did that test I felt like such a philistine.  What's worse is going on Omegle and being intimidated by people who are talking about all these classics they've read, and they're like, what do you read, and I'm all "Uh, pulp horror..."

I'm sick of it, which is why I've resolved to get off the computer at 7PM every night and read until I go to bed.

Not tonight though, I already got in about three hours of Pride and Prejudice.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:06:57 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: January 27, 2010, 11:08:03 pm »

I got around 19, more or less. I really should read some more.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:56 pm »

I know exactly how you feel, man.  When I did that test I felt like such a philistine.  What's worse is going on Omegle and being intimidated by people who are talking about all these classics they've read, and they're like, what do you read, and I'm all "Uh, pulp horror..."

I'm sick of it, which is why I've resolved to get off the computer at 7PM every night and read until I go to bed.

Not tonight though, I already got in about three hours of Pride and Prejudice.

There's nothing wrong with pulp horror. (What sort do you read?)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:20 pm »

Oh man I love pissing off people on Omegle with spark notes.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:50 am »

I think I'm sorta happy about this. My computer revolted against its Microsoft overlords, corrupting the data on my hard drives. Annoyed, I decided to experiment with an alternative OS by downloading Ubuntu and installing it on a 4 gig flashdrive, to see if it would work.

No further problems so far, and I don't have enough room to be displeased with my own inabilities to force any games to work.
Apparently booting a OS from a cd is one of the best things you can do when a virus is involved because it can't alter a cd.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: January 28, 2010, 12:37:45 am »

I stayed up for 24 hours straight and slept for 16 hours last night, why does that make me happy? I woke up to HAM.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4798 on: January 28, 2010, 12:44:16 am »

More progress is made with the project. I lost a fool to a batman pushing him into a chasm. It almost started a tantrum spiral right there. Thank goodness this wave of reclaimers are a little more level-headed, and I further refined conditions to be more suitable for larger numbers, which speaking of, I finally managed to get some things to work with conditions after nearly a dwarven decade of work. Thank goodness for the support I've been getting to work on it.

Oh, and I decided on the side, I might as well work on a fort on an island on the side (one of the island threads), and came up with an interesting construction method for developing it. A 19x19 modular construction system (at least, the underground infrastructure). Of course, I'm racing the clock to get farms and a water purification system up and I'm still new to dealing with aquifers, so I hope this island has a dry spot somewhere. At least I figured a plumbing system to try out that'll water the future development, provided it will get that far.

So far, it's looking nice, and I think my filter/reservoir will work out. Now, I just need some stone for the rest of the development.

I've also come up with some funny ideas to toss into the community/succession fort of the Bloodfist in flight. Might mix it with adventure mode as a way to telling the scout's story as well. I'll need to map a course however. I mean, after all, after the hell that took place building this flying artifact, I think the survivors that finish the ship would want to do some joyriding before delivering the ship home.

Actually, you know? I'll make it a community fort for the ride home, and then make it a succession fort afterward; as well as the reproduction of the ship's rise and flight of legend as a succession fort.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:48:19 am by Itnetlolor »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:00 am »

Watching Janet get crushed to death in the arms of a muscle monster guy thing on her Livestream made me made me happy because it was fun.

Oh and finishing all A to C of the fucked up forms and other paperwork the idiots mistakenly assigned me made me happy too.

However, not sleeping more than two hours in the last twenty four? Not so happy. So FACEPLANT BED NOW.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 13326