Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3177 3178 [3179] 3180 3181 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806698 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47670 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:20 pm »

Well, if the trend sticks, I may have something to stream too.
Problem is, that it's something more recent, hence my question.

Excuse my attention-whoring, my mood is a bit unstable lately...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47671 on: April 14, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »

And once again, proof for my invisibility.

I don't get you. Invisi-- waat?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47672 on: April 14, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »

I have a new favorite wine. I'm currently reading the name off a worksheet, but this Premium Fine Muscat produced by R.L. Buller and Son is like drinking pecan pie.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47673 on: April 14, 2011, 05:27:38 pm »

I have a new favorite wine. I'm currently reading the name off a worksheet, but this Premium Fine Muscat produced by R.L. Buller and Son is like drinking pecan pie.
IF you don't send me some, i think you can blame the next technological failure on me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47674 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »

IF you don't send me some, i think you can blame the next technological failure on me.
This is the best I can do. I think that's it. It's a tiny bottle, though (half the size of a standard wine bottle).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47675 on: April 14, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

Unexpected movie night, watching Grandma's Boy tonight on http://www.livestream.com/derpwtf

show up around 15 minutes.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47676 on: April 14, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »

So... Many.. Livestreams!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47677 on: April 14, 2011, 05:48:15 pm »

Its my way of not laughing alone at something funny.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47678 on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »

A really smart girl asked if she could borrow my lecture notes for a math class, because apparently mine are really clear >w<  I'm super-happy about that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47679 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:07 pm »

A really smart girl asked if she could borrow my lecture notes for a math class, because apparently mine are really clear >w<  I'm super-happy about that.

I always sucked at note taking.  I could never absorb what the teacher was saying and keep up writing at the same time.  I eventually found being super-involved in class dialogue to be more effective for retaining & comprehending, and gave up on notes altogether.  Obviously doesn't work for all subjects.  I rocked philosophy courses.  Struggled with math.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47680 on: April 14, 2011, 06:48:13 pm »

I always sucked at note taking.  I could never absorb what the teacher was saying and keep up writing at the same time.  I eventually found being super-involved in class dialogue to be more effective for retaining & comprehending, and gave up on notes altogether.  Obviously doesn't work for all subjects.  I rocked philosophy courses.  Struggled with math.

They make pens that are audio recorders, now.  Take sparse notes, then it lets you go back and check to see what the prof was saying at the exact moment that you wrote each thing.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47681 on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:25 pm »

Morning guys.
Today I get to spend the day with a very close friend that I haven't been able to spend time with for a while. And with any luck we might even find ourselves with a free lunch!  :D There is a downside, of coarse, but I'm slightly less freaked out about that now and looking towards the positive.

I am going to go take a shower.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47682 on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »

Yeah, for math I follow the "it enters your mind through the hand" adage, but for other subjects I basically don't take notes on lecture (though I do take extensive notes on readings).  If I don't get it from the class discussions, then I reread the material a few times--but other than that, there's not much else I can do.

EDIT: And relistening to the lecture would be a real problem.  I take such good notes because my ears basically don't function as learning devices in the first place.  Unless I've written it down or said it myself, I don't understand it.  Also, I read waaaay faster than I hear >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47683 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:59 pm »

Its not that i suck at note taking, its that only i can comprehend my notes, i tried sharing with someone else and im a knucklehead and write all over the paper with no symbols determining flow. Im better off not writing them and do it by memory (which is apparently good considering i had never studied for a test in my life).

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47684 on: April 14, 2011, 06:54:36 pm »

They make pens that are audio recorders, now.  Take sparse notes, then it lets you go back and check to see what the prof was saying at the exact moment that you wrote each thing.

Yeah.  Those were a very new thing back when I was taking classes that actually required note-taking.  Past like 2004, all of my courses consisted of digital media projects.  Today, I probably give that a shot.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3177 3178 [3179] 3180 3181 ... 13325