Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2605 2606 [2607] 2608 2609 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826093 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39090 on: February 12, 2011, 03:11:22 am »

I just equip headphones and blast some nice music that's not too distracting.
And I too quite enjoy nobody's being home.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39091 on: February 12, 2011, 03:12:23 am »

I'm back in my groove, feeling motivated after a while of feeling a bit bleh. Yay for me.  :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39092 on: February 12, 2011, 03:47:24 am »

... My roommate asked me to go salsa dancing with him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #39093 on: February 12, 2011, 03:48:28 am »

Grammar.

Grammar made me happy today. Grammar made me happy this and every day. Not Kelsey Grammar, but English grammar. More plainly syntax, but most honestly? Syntagmatics. And syntagms define paradigms. Order in some way defines sense. Grammar is the lens through which we shift concept to communication.

I always knew I was meant for grammar. As a young child I was a tyrannical pedant. I was the most fastidious of sticklers, a pretentious little prick. Even the boring elementary school syntax lessons enthralled me. And I read all the books! Not grammars of course! Not even Syntactic Structures, I was a kid after all, but the usage guides. The ones that tell you this or that correctness, Safire, etc. Nonsense! Poison!

But my love for grammar isn't tainted by a holier-than-thou attitude now. It's from astonishment at how this linguistic contract developed naturally free from any real design. It's an acoustic puzzle with an infinite number of combinations drawn from a huge library of pieces stored in memory, along with rules for creating even more!

Grammar!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39094 on: February 12, 2011, 03:51:07 am »

Finally finished Bioshock 2. Most awesome quote ever, and the most true, which I'm adding to my sig in a minute: Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice. Ending: Epic.  8)
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39095 on: February 12, 2011, 03:57:47 am »

I found out that you can use notes at Knowledge Bowl competitions, but only ones you make during the competition. As my team's designated 'history/geography' guy, I feel obligated to be able to map the world on a piece of construction paper in a matter of minutes. Practice is going well. I already have Europe, parts of Africa, and the Americas down. East Asia is also down. I just have to finish Africa, work on Central Asia, and slap on some Australasia.

"Quick, what countries border the west coast of the Atlantic, listed from North to South?"
*I whip out some paper*
"Let's see... Canada, America, Mexico, Guatamala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuala, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina!"

Technically I could do it in my head, but it's way easier to find specific orders (with a time limit) when it's all laid out in from of you.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39096 on: February 12, 2011, 04:00:59 am »

Made myself scrambled eggs, with beef cubes and sliced onions, using butter instead of oil. Seasoned it with my special paprika-chili-salt.
A glass of self pressed blood orange juice was the icing on the cake.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #39097 on: February 12, 2011, 04:14:26 am »

At my uncle's house. Kitties everywhere! X3
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39098 on: February 12, 2011, 09:05:42 am »

I just got the greatest idea for a touhou fangame with Parsee as the main character.

I call it "Princess of Persia" *rimshot*

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #39099 on: February 12, 2011, 09:11:00 am »

So basically a Prince of Persia reskin?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39100 on: February 12, 2011, 09:14:29 am »

So basically a Prince of Persia reskin?
That was the joke, yeah.
But since I don't really know how to make a game involving graphics of any kind (except with RPG maker, which a) costs money and b) isn't suited for this kind of game), so it's not something I can start immediately.

Project for this weekend: learn how to do graphics with C++.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39101 on: February 12, 2011, 09:16:28 am »

Use Sphere. Much better
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39102 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:12 am »

I've fallen ill, but my immune system seems to be doing a good job of keeping it in check.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39103 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

Yo bros what's happening around here right?  Another Saturday morning for me and I feel great.  I just had a bowl of cream rice and it's like oatmeal except more mashed potato-looking.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #39104 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:34 am »

This made me happy today, even though I'll probably never play it.

EDIT: Higher quality ver.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:33:28 am by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 2605 2606 [2607] 2608 2609 ... 13326