Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2582 2583 [2584] 2585 2586 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836838 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38745 on: February 08, 2011, 10:35:48 pm »

Using AdBlock Plus to eliminate all those stupid little facebook like and connect icons.
http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38746 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:36 pm »

That flamenco Aquatic Ruin track sounds awesome.

Anyway, I just beat a couple chapters of Super Meat Boy rather swiftly.

I might pop into Hidden:Source and bug Cthulhu for a bit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38747 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »

To answer the guy in the comic because I have nothing better to do:

While it doesn't explain why sex in media is frowned upon, there are two major reasons violence is ok.

1.  Violence is the most direct representation of conflict, which is the most basic requirement of a story.  It's also the easiest to offer a player interaction with and evoke adrenaline response.
2.  One major purpose of games is to provide simulation of things that we can't/wouldn't do in real life.  Otherwise, we'd go do it in real life.

Eh, and then there's always the argument that sex is tantamount to an act of violence and conflict, which is an interpretation I've seen in a few places.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38748 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:53 pm »

I might pop into Hidden:Source and bug Cthulhu for a bit.
How many people playing on servers?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38749 on: February 08, 2011, 10:45:04 pm »

At least enough people for him to terrorize, obviously.  Looks like a good time.  Kudos on the spray graphic, Cthulhu.

Eh, and then there's always the argument that sex is tantamount to an act of violence and conflict, which is an interpretation I've seen in a few places.

I'd say that's a ridiculous interpretation, save for circumstances where violence is actually involved.  I'd have to agree more with Salmon's description; it's not really possible to make an entertaining presentation of sex as a "game", because it's not really an activity that translates into pointing and clicking.  Violence comes in many, easily presented forms, and is a lot easier to make comedic and essentially "harmless".

Using AdBlock Plus to eliminate all those stupid little facebook like and connect icons.
http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/

I would love to install this, if it gave me an installation program instead of a file my computer doesn't know what to do with.  Computer sorcery, my eternal foe.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38750 on: February 08, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »

you got three choices for browsers, if you're running linux, make the internet browser open the file up for installation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38751 on: February 08, 2011, 10:48:08 pm »

You just open the file directly, don't save it anywhere.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38752 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »

Don't tell a non-wizard how to cast spells, wizard. We are but simple folks.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38753 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

Yeah, I actually used to think that way a really long time ago.  Not so much anymore.  Though I still wonder about how much actors involved in sexual content are willing vs leveraged.  See Perfect Blue for worst case scenario.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38754 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50:51 pm »

My magic allows my 6 shot revolver to have 7.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38755 on: February 08, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »

Don't tell a non-wizard how to cast spells, wizard. We are but simple folks.

Yeah, I'm using FireFox, so I clicked the FireFox one and saved the "xpi" file.  Computer doesn't know what to do with it.  So I Googled the extension, and figured out how to install it.

If you're making a general purpose thing, intended for an audience as "mass" as "anyone using a web browser", your thing should be as easy to install as possible.  If I have to look up the file extension to know what to do with it, or indeed follow any instructions at all, you've done your job wrong.  Which I suppose is the kind of elitism I should expect for a browser-extension developer that doesn't support Internet Explorer.

In case it isn't clear, I'm a very bitter and spiteful Luddite when it comes to computer stuff.  And Luddites massive outnumber you people who know what you're doing, so you're supposed to cater to us.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #38756 on: February 08, 2011, 10:54:24 pm »

Aqizzar is Reimu~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38757 on: February 08, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »

fuck you, i work for no one but myself.

you do have the option for firefox to OPEN the file you download ya know.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38758 on: February 08, 2011, 10:56:28 pm »

you do have the option for firefox to OPEN the file you download ya know.

What do you think I am, crazy?  Automatically opening files that I download?  You'll catch a nasty cold doing that y'know.

Aqizzar is Reimu~

Since I have absolutely no idea what that means, sure why not.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38759 on: February 08, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »

i understand it XD

its a .xpi file, not a .exe ::)
Pages: 1 ... 2582 2583 [2584] 2585 2586 ... 13326