Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2576 2577 [2578] 2579 2580 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837731 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38655 on: February 08, 2011, 08:36:14 am »

Nyan Nyan is better XD
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38656 on: February 08, 2011, 09:17:20 am »

Eh... not to annoy you, Barbar, but I came into school with the equivalent of an AA completed (I was a Junior at 18), and I'm nowhere near having my Master's at 21 despite a certain amount of working-like-a-dog.  It doesn't work quite as one might desire.
I'm not annoyed... you just helped me. How could I be annoyed?

I'll be starting college when I'm seventeen, with my general requirements out of the way. I don't know entirely what I'm supposed to do when I get there, but I have a vague idea. All I know right now is that I'll be leaving high school with the most basic of knowledge, plus ~150 credits, 90 of which are going towards my AA through the local community college. Apparently that's supposed to be able to transfer to any public university on the west coast, and the extra 60 credits are through a state university, so those should transfer in some way as well. I'm currently taking six homework intensive classes[1], plus the rest of my high school stuff and trying to live like a normal human being. If it's only slightly harder than it is now, I should be fine. If it's much harder, then I guess I'll have to adapt.

[1] (Japanese I, Physics 102, Calculus I, Western Civilizations 127, Health 101, and Composition II, if you were curious.)

But how about them Seahawks?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38657 on: February 08, 2011, 09:26:00 am »

I just feel that Too Hoo is something I'm going to get into long, long after I've started the Wheel of Time series, is all.

I mean, I'm fine with watching MLP:FiM, but that Too Hoo stuff pushes the boundaries of my bloke-ism. And I want to keep my man-card.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38658 on: February 08, 2011, 09:27:43 am »

hm a touhou rpg introducing guys seems a great way to stick guys into the series, abetted they are not aggressive to each other XD
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:52:15 am by Tellemurius »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #38659 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:56 am »

I don't understand most of that post Tack, sorry but my English is utter fail even though I'm from the UK XD

Meh, not everyone likes it, like not everyone like anime or manga.

hm a touhou rpg introducing guys seems a great to stick guys into the series, abetted they are not aggressive to each other XD

XD True dat'
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38660 on: February 08, 2011, 10:00:44 am »

Whilst cleaning yesterday, I found two interesting things: a large and largely unused pad of graph paper, and a folder filled with dirty jokes.

No, they're not related to each other.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38661 on: February 08, 2011, 10:03:12 am »

SHARE!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38662 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:25 am »

I don't think I have enough graph paper for everyone. :(
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38663 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:59 am »

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! XD

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38664 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:17 am »

But, I really like graph paper. It's awesome for making RPG maps.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #38665 on: February 08, 2011, 10:19:23 am »

Richard Greyson takes a few sung seconds of the Star Wars Imperial March, and a sheet of chords, and performs a 7 minute improv on it, in the manner of Beethoven.

This man is crazy talented, and there are plenty of gems on that youtube channel. The Ride of the Valkyries Tango is pretty entertaining, and if you're more musically inclined Rhapsody in Blue as Debussy, Rite of Spring as Mozart, and Heart and Soul as Mahler are also great.

Rhapsody in Blue as Debussy is cool, but Rite of Spring as Mozart? That is just ridiculous.

Girl from Ipanema as Poulenc Totally awesome.

Take the A Train as a Chopin Funeral March? This man is insane!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38666 on: February 08, 2011, 10:22:44 am »

My brain just finished tearing itself apart.  I suddenly became intimately aware of the fact that all this stuff I say about bluffing my way through essays and being horrible at math is all bullshit and just a way of pretending I'm not as smart as I am so I don't have to work as hard.  I could totally blow through all these classes with ease if I just applied myself, and now that I've finally come to terms with the thing I always knew but hid from I can actually start applying myself.  I started by applying myself in math class, and sure enough everything came naturally.

I was never horrible at math, I just convinced myself I was because math is hard, time-consuming work and I would rather be mediocre than work hard.

Now I know that being good is worth working hard.

and now.

AND MOTHERFUCKING NOW.

honk. :o)

Now I'm wondering how far this extends.  Am I secretly a wellspring of charisma?  Can I play the Scout really well?  Will I be able to live my dream of being a natural talent at the glockenspiel?

One step at a time, Cfoofoo.  One step at a time.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38667 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:52 am »

nice to see you finally cracked open your potential, too bad i did too early so get to sit here drooling over myself knowing that the 500 word personal essay i should be doing can be finished within a hour.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38668 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:05 am »

My brain just finished tearing itself apart.  I suddenly became intimately aware of the fact that all this stuff I say about bluffing my way through essays and being horrible at math is all bullshit and just a way of pretending I'm not as smart as I am so I don't have to work as hard.  I could totally blow through all these classes with ease if I just applied myself, and now that I've finally come to terms with the thing I always knew but hid from I can actually start applying myself.  I started by applying myself in math class, and sure enough everything came naturally.

I was never horrible at math, I just convinced myself I was because math is hard, time-consuming work and I would rather be mediocre than work hard.

Now I know that being good is worth working hard.

and now.

AND MOTHERFUCKING NOW.

honk. :o)

Now I'm wondering how far this extends.  Am I secretly a wellspring of charisma?  Can I play the Scout really well?  Will I be able to live my dream of being a natural talent at the glockenspiel?

One step at a time, Cfoofoo.  One step at a time.

This seems to happen a lot, and we're capable of a lot more than we think. Just a matter of applying oneself.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38669 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:22 am »

Spoiler: I laughed out loud. (click to show/hide)

I live in the bright orange zone.

Here's another song about love <3.
Pages: 1 ... 2576 2577 [2578] 2579 2580 ... 13326