Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2574 2575 [2576] 2577 2578 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837903 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38625 on: February 07, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »

Happy birthday, Itnetlolor!

Anyway, what makes me happy is that this Graph Theory class is actually really interesting, and is the first class I've been assigned proofs in, and despite my lack of experience with proofs, I can actually do them!  Solving a proof just feels so satisfying. :D  Though I may have to go necro the math help thread for some of these.
And the production of King Lear my theater group is putting on is starting to come together, and watching a play come together is such a good feeling, especially with a cool group of people.

It's so great to have some homework that actually makes you think.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38626 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

I'm in a actual Computer Science class doing Actual programing.

Its in Visual Basic, sure, but at least I'm programing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #38627 on: February 08, 2011, 12:30:24 am »

A silly video. Daww...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38628 on: February 08, 2011, 12:46:39 am »

Thanks everyone. And I recently noticed that it's also Deon's birthday today as well. Well, actually he contacted me through Steam and it came up in conversation. I found that rather entertaining. That makes that another person I know that I share the same birthday with.

If you want a more balanced beatdown, I always have Unreal Tournament (all the way to UT3) and the Doom Collection available to play. Unreal4Ever can make things more interesting however. Kinda wish U4e was available for UT3. I wonder what happened to the guys working on that mod?

EDIT:
Test ran UT3, and surprisingly, I can run that game smoothly on modest, though still nice-looking settings.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:24:16 am by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38629 on: February 08, 2011, 12:50:54 am »

Right!  He has a child-thing!  I completely forgot!

Pfffffffff.
"Child-thing"
I like it. Sums up my views on most of my little cousins quite well... And what's worse is not I feel bad for my older cousins now BECAUSE I WAS EXACTLY THE SAME! Nooooooooooooooooooo!

And Max, I may have a job for you someday in the near future, when I apply rapacious business sense to budget-game-making.  You in?
Budget game making? Business? Where does one sign up for this wonderful dream?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38630 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:42 am »

Right!  He has a child-thing!  I completely forgot!

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. :P

And Max, I may have a job for you someday in the near future, when I apply rapacious business sense to budget-game-making.  You in?
Budget game making? Business? Where does one sign up for this wonderful dream?

I've actually had the business model drawn up for about 5 years now. I have a name, logo, and all of the whatnot picked out, I just have to a) finish a product instead of having no less than a dozen projects in Development Hell. Some of them aren't mine, they're just waiting for me to actually get some more done on mine so they can see if I'm successful, and then plan on jumping off of my brand like lemmings from a Walt Disney turntable cliff.

Also, inb4
Maek games
?????
Profit!

I actually know what that middle step is. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:01:18 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38631 on: February 08, 2011, 01:28:41 am »

So my wife made me watch The Time Traveler's Wife.  Here goes my best thought on the movie -- time traveling fetuses = immaculate conception explained.  The whole point of that movie was to explain where Jesus actually came from.  Yup.  I'm going with that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38632 on: February 08, 2011, 01:46:58 am »

Honors Program, eh? I may have to start looking at one of those. Right now I'm working on my AA, and I hear that a Master's Degree is supposed to take 6 years. If I can take off even one year with an Honors program, that's a master's degree in three years after I start high school. This means... I'd have one at the age of 20.

Wow, I think I just scared myself. When did this happen? Why am I suddenly making plans for when I've lived for two decades? The world is kind of scary from where I'm sitting right now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38633 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:10 am »

Eh... not to annoy you, Barbar, but I came into school with the equivalent of an AA completed (I was a Junior at 18), and I'm nowhere near having my Master's at 21 despite a certain amount of working-like-a-dog.  It doesn't work quite as one might desire.

The "getting your master's" route means "You take a graduate level courseload as a junior--3 graduate courses, with A's in all of them, plus whatever other courses you have--and then you work your ass off on your honors thesis, forget how to sleep, and have taken up the habit of talking to your furniture."

Other parts not required, but seriously, an AA only puts you at entry level for the honors program (in mathematics, anyway).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38634 on: February 08, 2011, 03:11:27 am »

Heh... it took me 8 years to get my bachelors... but I switched majors, got married, had kids, and generally dealt with a shitload of drama in that whole timeframe also.  Being a gamer doesn't help either, admittedly.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38635 on: February 08, 2011, 03:15:26 am »

Richard Greyson takes a few sung seconds of the Star Wars Imperial March, and a sheet of chords, and performs a 7 minute improv on it, in the manner of Beethoven.

This man is crazy talented, and there are plenty of gems on that youtube channel. The Ride of the Valkyries Tango is pretty entertaining, and if you're more musically inclined Rhapsody in Blue as Debussy, Rite of Spring as Mozart, and Heart and Soul as Mahler are also great.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38636 on: February 08, 2011, 04:52:37 am »

Reading Glory For Ulm, Drinking some hot cocoa and listening to music.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #38637 on: February 08, 2011, 05:36:33 am »

Richard Greyson takes a few sung seconds of the Star Wars Imperial March, and a sheet of chords, and performs a 7 minute improv on it, in the manner of Beethoven.

This man is crazy talented, and there are plenty of gems on that youtube channel. The Ride of the Valkyries Tango is pretty entertaining, and if you're more musically inclined Rhapsody in Blue as Debussy, Rite of Spring as Mozart, and Heart and Soul as Mahler are also great.

I'm going to spend hours on youtube now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38638 on: February 08, 2011, 05:59:47 am »

oreos.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #38639 on: February 08, 2011, 06:02:18 am »

Just had my first twinky.

O_O

How are all of you Americans not dead yet?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 2574 2575 [2576] 2577 2578 ... 13326