Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2521 2522 [2523] 2524 2525 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848042 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~! Touhou hijack?
« Reply #37830 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:50 am »

Because they think it's a waste of cloth, or hazardous, or something...

All I know is that if I want 10-foot scarves, I'd better knit them myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37831 on: February 02, 2011, 03:11:31 am »

Oh, I'm not worried about the long part.  Just the clothing industry's obsession with putting tassels on anything vaguely winter-related.  I remember when my mother bought me a scarf once, I asked if I get one without tassels, and she said there's no such thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37832 on: February 02, 2011, 03:13:03 am »

My mom got really mad at me when I was a kid because I took my favorite pocket knife to anything I owned with tassels on it. Hates them. Hates them so much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37833 on: February 02, 2011, 03:13:33 am »

Good luck in your scarfcapades. I've got a plain navy blue fleece/felt one, which is simple and warm, but it lacks in thickness for when it gets exceptionally windy/cold. I kept meaning to learn the art of knitting to make a striped wool one too... but I kinda don't talk with the person I was learning from anymore.

If it ends up being relatively easy, let me know. I might tackle it without formal instruction later this winter.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37834 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:23 am »

You can find tassle-free ones in a mens hat and scarf combo. Unfortunately my parent decided I should wear a matching striped pair.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37835 on: February 02, 2011, 03:24:11 am »

Hmph, how weird.  All I know is that it's much easier to make a scarf sans tassel.

I made one a long time ago, but it turns my neck green.  Now I'm going to make sure I'm not crippled by weirdness.

Good luck in your scarfcapades. I've got a plain navy blue fleece/felt one, which is simple and warm, but it lacks in thickness for when it gets exceptionally windy/cold. I kept meaning to learn the art of knitting to make a striped wool one too... but I kinda don't talk with the person I was learning from anymore.

If it ends up being relatively easy, let me know. I might tackle it without formal instruction later this winter.

If you're just knitting, it's so easy that it's almost like falling over.  There's only knitting and purling, and really if you're following a pattern the only difficulty is a. being attentive and b. not pulling things so tight that you screw up the margins.  Don't expect your first scarf to be fabulous, but it should at least be serviceable.

You can find tassle-free ones in a mens hat and scarf combo. Unfortunately my parent decided I should wear a matching striped pair.

Step 1: become man
Step 2: purchase scarf
Step 3: ???
Step 4: kittens

Also, I read a story today that encapsulated being young so well that I felt somehow comforted.  It was elegant, it was awkward, it had a certain something... I was crying with rage earlier, and I feel vastly better.

No linking or PMing because it was extremely NSFW and I really don't feel like informing anyone here about my personal taste in "reading material" any more than I already have.  But it was good, and I feel better about life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37836 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:25 am »

Also, I read a story today that encapsulated being young so well that I felt somehow comforted.  It was elegant, it was awkward, it had a certain something... I was crying with rage earlier, and I feel vastly better.

If we're discussing depictions of childhood in various mediums, I found that Where The Wild Things Are (the film adaptation, not the book, though I hold the book dear as well) did it staggeringly well.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37837 on: February 02, 2011, 04:02:22 am »

I knitted a scarf about a year ago. It was a kinda roughshod job.

But it's nice, and keeps me warm.

Also, I'm sunburnt to all HELL.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37838 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:02 am »

If we're discussing depictions of childhood in various mediums, I found that Where The Wild Things Are (the film adaptation, not the book, though I hold the book dear as well) did it staggeringly well.

I think it's a spot on depiction of childhood for an INFP, especially one in the process of deep emotional growth.  I think the people who were really bored or didn't understand the movie on any level are probably people who are opposite that personality type.  I would bet money that the vast majority of ESTJ's who bothered to see that movie were like "wtf is this shit..."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37839 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:04 am »

I'm happy :3
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37840 on: February 02, 2011, 04:46:34 am »

I feel good about myself. I helped out an autistic child at taekwondo and he said that I'm his 'number one teacher'. It made me feel happy.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37841 on: February 02, 2011, 06:09:18 am »

Oh thank God I had to work the past five hours.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37842 on: February 02, 2011, 06:14:51 am »

Huh?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37843 on: February 02, 2011, 06:15:54 am »

Like a 'thank god work is over'.

Herp.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37844 on: February 02, 2011, 06:17:23 am »

Like a 'thank god work is over'.

Herp.

Narp.

Thank god I missed the hijinks which will never be mentioned la la la I can't hear you.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 2521 2522 [2523] 2524 2525 ... 13326