Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805548 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #36885 on: January 25, 2011, 11:59:50 pm »

I was a very educated virgin. I'm glad for it. It means I'm a very educated lover now.
Helps bypass all of that 'awkward' phase.

Does anyone else find it strange that we use the term 'lover' to talk about the physical aspect, even though in modern society we don't correlate between sex and love?
So nowadays, would a good 'lover', just be a good boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/spouse?
What would be the noun, then, for a person who is good at sex? A sexer? I mean, you can't say they're good fuckers. I mean, in Australia, people would just think you're talking about them normally. 'A bloody alright bastard' is a compliment.

5 posts.

Happy birthday... In three hours! I'd time it perfectly, but that's far too much effort for a man of my timezone.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36886 on: January 26, 2011, 12:01:05 am »

Happy bday Vector, you're one year older now.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36887 on: January 26, 2011, 12:02:13 am »

Happy birthday! Now you are one year closer to death get cake!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36888 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:04 am »

I could fix that for you. You know, for your birthday.

Creepiness aside (and I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I'm getting the "I'm a moron" thing even before I hit post,) happy birthday. And remember, alcohol and math(s) don't mix.

. . . .

No, I don't intend to drink and derive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36889 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:58 am »

I mean, you can't say they're good fuckers. I mean, in Australia, people would just think you're talking about them normally. 'A bloody alright bastard' is a compliment.

I want to sig this, but I'll leave it for someone else.

EDIT: Meh, no takers. Mine.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:17:35 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36890 on: January 26, 2011, 12:04:54 am »

I'm now not the only person I've ever known for whom the 21st birthday wasn't a big deal.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36891 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:10 am »

Hey Jack, I imagine you found this haunting as well.

Would you believe no? I've only played it twice, never played it past the second stage, and never lost. I always end up leaving because the only times I played them was when I was at the Gaming Exibition in Melbourne's Australian Centre of the Moving Image. But I sure as hell do now.

Great video, too.
I've managed to make it past level 5. But I also played a shockwave flash version of it which also allowed hitting 1, 2, and 3 to choose which base fired. That made timing and keeping adequate stock per-base easier. That was until I got hit by 3 ships dropping nukes at me at the same time and I have too few countermeasures to fire back. I went from sacrifice a few for many (bonus cities for good scores), to all out survival, keep one alive.

Missile Command was a fun game, and the 3-D version on the Sega master System was a challenge as well ; especially without the 3-D glasses, with a light gun. It was a miracle I ever made it to stage 2 or 3 like that.

Happy birthday Vector (in 3 hours).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36892 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:53 am »

I could fix that for you. You know, for your birthday.

Creepiness aside (and I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I'm getting the "I'm a moron" thing even before I hit post,) happy birthday. And remember, alcohol and math(s) don't mix.

. . . .

Ba-dum tish! I was really hoping you would follow up with that. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36893 on: January 26, 2011, 12:06:05 am »

Sigged.

Also, happy birthday.

I turn 20 later this year.

And this fills me with a profound sense of meh.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36894 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12:50 am »

I'm now not the only person I've ever known for whom the 21st birthday wasn't a big deal.

Well, it is kind of important.  I don't get to use "I'm underage" as an excuse for refusing alcohol and staying home from parties anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36895 on: January 26, 2011, 12:13:33 am »

Can't remember the last time I was sigged.

No matter. I had my golden year. Me n' Jackrabbit against the world. Besht buddiesh.
Sigh.

Well, it is kind of important.  I don't get to use "I'm underage" as an excuse for refusing alcohol and staying home from parties anymore.
She gonna get smashed like a china vase in a bull shop.
A ming one.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36896 on: January 26, 2011, 12:16:45 am »

It wasn't a big deal for me either, or...um, actually anyone I know around my age.  I think I'm just in a social group that doesn't get shitfaced ever.  My robotics team around the time of my birthday tried, though.  :P  But one fruity girly drink was enough for me.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36897 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:47 am »

Happy early birthday Vector.

On the subject of 21st birthdays I'm not sure of whether or not I should be worried for mine in a year and a half. On one hand I don't tend to do things to extremes/laid back, on the other hand its a pretty big milestone and relatively sure my family will make a big deal out of it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36898 on: January 26, 2011, 12:22:45 am »

It wasn't a big deal for me either, or...um, actually anyone I know around my age.  I think I'm just in a social group that doesn't get shitfaced ever.  My robotics team around the time of my birthday tried, though.  :P  But one fruity girly drink was enough for me.

Damn, you're lucky.  I have known a very sparse few people in my life who don't love alcohol.  I have yet to understand.  It makes you stupid and, in my opinion, even the fruity girly drinks taste like a mix of earwax and vomit.

Edit:  Gosh I think I can even count them on one hand.  My youngest brother, one of my co-workers, one guy from the Stalker forums, and a couple people here..... yup..... I think that's it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:27:33 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #36899 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:13 am »

"I don't drink" usually gets all but the most relentless idiots to stop.

And I've always guessed that agoraphobia would be a good excuse for skipping parties, but I usually just say "I prefer my house, where it's quiet."
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 13325