Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15847892 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3630 on: December 31, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »

New Year and a new start!  This year I'll be moving on to sixth form college ("High School" to those in America).  Should be a new challenge, I'm just about ready to move on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »

I've learned that almost everyone on the internet has some modicum of niceness and loyalty. Some more than others. It's a little soon to give up all faith in humanity when there's people who are willing to give items back after killing you and teabagging your corpse.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 31, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »

RUMMMMMMMM!!!   ;D
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3633 on: December 31, 2009, 09:02:58 pm »

Well, I just got blindsided by something good and unexpected.

Near the end of work I just got invited to a party by one of my co-workers.

I'll be back some time later.

EDIT:
Had fun at the party. It wasn't exactly the kind I expected; but I think I have managed to hook some people's interest in DF, XCOM, Starcon2, and other classics. Now, to wait (for DF, at least). We might have a newcomer incoming.

Oh, and I won at a game of chess with only a loss of 4 pawns and a knight; despite the fact he was still rather new at the game, he almost got me once or twice. But I managed to corner the king with a queen, a rook, a pawn, a knight, and a bishop. He was going nowhere. All 8 moves would kill him. Now that's a checkmate. ;D

It was nice to welcome the new year in a more social atmosphere that I'm not serving for once.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:11:48 am by Itnetlolor »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: December 31, 2009, 09:57:02 pm »

I'm happy for you Sofia! I'm spending New Years with my family at a bowling Alley.

I thought it was weird too, but apparently it's happening.

Weird? I just came back from our 4th annual new years bowling games.
Cept it wasn't in blacklight this time so I was sad.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: December 31, 2009, 10:39:09 pm »

Yay: My attempt at a web browser is now advanced enough to load it's position and size from the registry(And use defaults for any missing data). It still can only dump the two predefined pages to a text file, and even that is *temporarily* disabled, and it can't do anything with the size and position, not even saving it, but still, it is another feature in place. Now I know basic HTTP and basic registry code, on top of everything I knew before I started!

(Next is getting displayable fonts into openGL from windows, and I have had the MSDN page on the function for that open since *before* I started the registry loading part.)

One thing at a time, really.

You're making a web browser? Why? And what's it called?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3636 on: January 01, 2010, 02:18:18 am »

Called? As far as I have planned, it will just be another program I wrote, though it would be the most useful yet.

It's a great excuse to better understand networking and advanced string parsing, though.
Eh?
Eh!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: January 01, 2010, 03:54:57 am »

Worky is out of the hospital, our little family had fun for the new years, awesomeness happened involving a clock, and all problems I had just the other day are gone.

And now sleepytiems. :3 Not nap, sleep. Thus extra nice feeling. X3
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: January 01, 2010, 04:12:10 am »

I just spent all day watching Anime, and looking up explosives on Wikipedia.

There is truly no better way to spend the day.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3639 on: January 01, 2010, 04:51:57 am »

I dunno. I just got another buttload of games at a great price.

The sad thing is, it's going away soon. :( Further sadness, my collection is drawing close to a close. I think I nearly fulfilled my childhood dream. So many games, so many I have missed out on, and so many I always wanted to play... finally mine. It's such a good, yet sad feeling. The good kind of sad though. Like a journey coming to a close. But, since I just got them, new chapters are written, and have yet to be read; new lands to explore; more creatures to meet or maul. Once I've thoroughly read them all, THEN it would be an actual end.

One thing about it I can be pleased about, however; I don't need to worry about being single for the rest of my life. I got enough games to occupy me from here on 'til eternity. So to speak. Getting a date would have to be the last thing on my mind, now that I have something (a lotta something) to fill in that canyon in my life.

Let's not forget, all those games have also been legitimately acquired for once in a LONG time. My way of paying back a debt for having tons quality games on my machine after so much lurking around in game stores and online. Would that count as tithing by any means? Or just debt relief? Any which way, it's nice to be legit about it again, regardless total cost so far. Thank God it's been nothing but sales the whole time. I suppose I can count it as a financial miracle. Selfishness which is on sale. A cheap way to spoil myself after ages of serving other, and dealing with all sorts of crap.

In an odd sense, it's like... I dunno, having a baby born in wed-lock after eons of breeding bastards (by definition). Or, if that was a bit much of a description, a kid that got a big-ass allowance, and can spend it to his heart's desire (Candy or toys, methinks). Well, that's how I feel now.

Now that is how you enjoy and begin a new year. A beginning with many fulfilled self-promises (and a successful resolution for all 365 days for once), and some people to hang out with. Prior resolution is the same as my current, a mantra to revert to my old personality that I did like, that was actually useful and fun.

I'll repeat it once more: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own. I know what the fuck I am doing. Just who the hell do you think I am?"

How it was a success: Compared to a prior personality I had, which even I wanted to kick my own ass, the mantra was just a proof of concept; and it worked. Total personality 180. The New Year's party proved it's effectiveness at the end; and God rewarded me with all sorts of games and such through Steam with very cheap prices, and money actually in my bank account for once to obtain them all.

And for the hell of it: Achievement, Fucking, Unlocked.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:56:53 am by Itnetlolor »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: January 01, 2010, 05:19:55 am »

I just finished watching Darker than Black, and its 4:18 in the morning.

Holyshit.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: January 01, 2010, 07:21:35 am »

Holyshit.
I try to avoid watching anime late at night to avoid trippy nightmares.

On a happy note, bacon sandwhiches this morning!  Yeah, I got up late.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3642 on: January 01, 2010, 12:43:39 pm »

Holyshit.
I try to avoid watching anime late at night to avoid trippy nightmares.

On a happy note, bacon sandwhiches this morning!  Yeah, I got up late.
You see, while most people have either breakfast or lunch when they get up at ten o'clock in the morning; We here at Bay12 Forums prefer to combine the two.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: January 01, 2010, 12:45:32 pm »

Luckily I can still vaguely remember my dream.
Basically I woke up in class, looked around, faded back into sleep, found myself awake standing up and I lightly choked a girl I know.

No fucking Idea, basically I think I was supposed to be shaking her hand. Anyway it was video taped or something And I didn't get in trouble or anything for it, Ended up in the school news that no one reads, I read it at home, It was me, but it had a different name and said I was Indian.

Anyway so everyone tried to keep it from my dad becuase we all know he'd get super super explosive over it.

Well next dream day all was well, I was just trying to avoid contact with the girl. But as we we're doing some activity sitting on the floor. She showed me a Beatles book and asked me if I remember when I told her about this. (Which I forgot to mention before school got out she did come up to me with the book but I brushed her off.)
I asked her not to bring up the choking thing and she said she didn't care It didn't hurt. I said I was asleep anyway.
And Right before I woke up we we're talking about the book.

That ending part right there made me happy.

edit: I woke up when I went home for school, went down stairs got a drink and ate a pie like treat, went back upstairs and went back to bed. Which is amazing becuase I can never continue dreams like that.
Either way I woke up at 11:30 exactly.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3644 on: January 01, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »

Luckily I can still vaguely remember my dream.
Basically I woke up in class, looked around, faded back into sleep, found myself awake standing up and I lightly choked a girl I know.

No fucking Idea, basically I think I was supposed to be shaking her hand. Anyway it was video taped or something And I didn't get in trouble or anything for it, Ended up in the school news that no one reads, I read it at home, It was me, but it had a different name and said I was Indian.

Anyway so everyone tried to keep it from my dad becuase we all know he'd get super super explosive over it.

Well next dream day all was well, I was just trying to avoid contact with the girl. But as we we're doing some activity sitting on the floor. She showed me a Beatles book and asked me if I remember when I told her about this. (Which I forgot to mention before school got out she did come up to me with the book but I brushed her off.)
I asked her not to bring up the choking thing and she said she didn't care It didn't hurt. I said I was asleep anyway.
And Right before I woke up we we're talking about the book.

That ending part right there made me happy.

edit: I woke up when I went home for school, went down stairs got a drink and ate a pie like treat, went back upstairs and went back to bed. Which is amazing becuase I can never continue dreams like that.
Either way I woke up at 11:30 exactly.

I have dreams that are sort of like that.

I'll have a completely normal day, from when I wake up to when I go to sleep, sometimes I'll do something cool, sometimes it's just a boring day. Then I wake up in the morning and find that nothing that happened in my dream really happened, and I get all sad.

On a happier note, the reason I haven't posted in the forum for a while is because I got a bunch of kickass games for Christmas and I've been playing them nonstop over the break.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 13326