Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2346 2347 [2348] 2349 2350 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807408 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #35205 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:34 am »

I'd guess that it has a similar flat area at the base of the spikes.

I have almost run out of My Little Pony episodes so I've started watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Cute things make me happy.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:21:32 am by Leonon »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35206 on: January 13, 2011, 11:28:00 am »

My god.

Can't...breathe...
 I've heard better voice acting...from youtube dubs...
 Too...Cheap...to live...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35207 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

Holy crap. I could have done better than that. As Karen. With my metal voice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35208 on: January 13, 2011, 11:40:56 am »

What is this??? I see the shadowhearts in it but its just too wrong. This is not good.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35209 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:05 am »

Seriously, are there any official videos from the makers about that game?  I just want to see an actual trailer.  I refuse to believe that any company would knowingly put out a game with voice acting that terrible.  I mean, Hexplore's voiceacting was easily the worst thing I've ever heard in person, but at least there they were obviously trying to make ridiculous accents.  If that's actually Chaos Wars, it sounds like the localization team just locked a few interns in a conference room with some headsets, and recorded them talking while they were playing it for the first time.

I was actually much more entertained by the recommended link to the Worst Black Guy Voice In Anime.  "Say hello to Jersey for me."

Meanwhile, MGS4 has some truly epic voice acting.  That Old Snake voice, that sounds like gargling hot asphalt?  English version exclusive - it was David Hayter's own executive decision, and he had to keep a pitcher of water on hand so his throat wouldn't shrivel up like beef jerky.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35210 on: January 13, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

The horror.. too great to comprehend...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35211 on: January 13, 2011, 11:46:14 am »

If that's actually Chaos Wars, it sounds like the localization team just locked a few interns in a conference room with some headsets, and recorded them talking while they were playing it for the first time.
My sister is a big voice acting nerd, and according to her that's rather spot on.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35212 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:07 am »

If that's actually Chaos Wars, it sounds like the localization team just locked a few interns in a conference room with some headsets, and recorded them talking while they were playing it for the first time.
My sister is a big voice acting nerd, and according to her that's rather spot on.

From what I've heard, videogame voiceacting is usually very, very bad and unprofessional, even compared to some of the worse movie voiceacting. For instance, I've heard there's pretty much no direction at all, and is more of a "Your character is <this>, now say your lines in this booth" kind of deal.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35213 on: January 13, 2011, 11:51:32 am »

And I'm rather sure they may have gotten some of the genders wrong. Let's face it, the dude with the red hair and the scars on his face looks like a chick. Even more so that I usually expect from stuff like this.

Also, as a bonus.
 Bonus 2
 Bonus 3, but now, it's about justice.
 It just keeps getting worse and worse.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:02:45 pm by Duke 2.0 »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35214 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:14 am »

My god.

Can't...breathe...
 I've heard better voice acting...from youtube dubs...
 Too...Cheap...to live...
You smell good.
HER UNCLE
KEEE KEEE KEEE KEEE KEEE KEE KEEEE
You're really strong.  I like you.
gurgle gurgle

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35215 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:34 pm »

From what I've heard, videogame voiceacting is usually very, very bad and unprofessional, even compared to some of the worse movie voiceacting. For instance, I've heard there's pretty much no direction at all, and is more of a "Your character is <this>, now say your lines in this booth" kind of deal.

Yeah, the director's cut version of Portal talked about that.  GLaDOS's voice actor gushes about how it was the first time she'd been given time to prepare and real direct.  Apparently she had done plenty of videogame voice acting before, and was essentially handed the script on recording day, and expected to belt the whole thing out in one take.

It's certainly not a talent problem, there's a stupid number of games who throw gobs of cash away on voiceactors themselves (Japan is huge about that, for whatever difference anyone can hear).  But they never have any idea how to use it.  The opening of Oblivion is almost painful to listen to when you think about it; poor Patrick Stewart just wanted to end on a approachable note with the Kids, and you could tell he was trying his damnedest to lend some gravitas to that garbage.  But since he ate up like two thirds of the voiceacting budget, you get like seven voice from five nobodies for the rest of the game.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35216 on: January 13, 2011, 12:02:38 pm »

Did I mention Fallout: New Vegas has the voice actor Liam O'Brien?  Because it does, it does alright.

:]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35217 on: January 13, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

Yeah, the director's cut version of Portal talked about that.  GLaDOS's voice actor gushes about how it was the first time she'd been given time to prepare and real direct.  Apparently she had done plenty of videogame voice acting before, and was essentially handed the script on recording day, and expected to belt the whole thing out in one take.

It's certainly not a talent problem, there's a stupid number of games who throw gobs of cash away on voiceactors themselves (Japan is huge about that, for whatever difference anyone can hear).  But they never have any idea how to use it.  The opening of Oblivion is almost painful to listen to when you think about it; poor Patrick Stewart just wanted to end on a approachable note with the Kids, and you could tell he was trying his damnedest to lend some gravitas to that garbage.  But since he ate up like two thirds of the voiceacting budget, you get like seven voice from five nobodies for the rest of the game.

You smell good...

I'm considering withdrawing from math 116 because I suck at Math and I still don't have my textbook two weeks in.  I went to the site to see how much the class cost me.

413 dollars.

Are you next?

Are you next?

Are you next?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:21:17 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35218 on: January 13, 2011, 12:36:50 pm »

shit im taking 121, but 413 dollars? i think my class costs 350 with the books and calculator.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #35219 on: January 13, 2011, 12:42:00 pm »

If that was me, I'd say *fuck that noise* and just steal it. I'm not saying you should, of course, but damn that's unreasonable.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 2346 2347 [2348] 2349 2350 ... 13326