Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2312 2313 [2314] 2315 2316 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836844 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34695 on: January 10, 2011, 06:35:58 am »

After drawing all day, I have a fair pile of sci fi creatures plucked from my mind. I think I shall write a novel based on there existance. That should keep me entertained.

Why not make a game?
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34696 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:42 am »

After drawing all day, I have a fair pile of sci fi creatures plucked from my mind. I think I shall write a novel based on there existance. That should keep me entertained.

Sounds interesting, I'm intrigued.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34697 on: January 10, 2011, 06:39:13 am »

Why not make a game?

I already have design documents for five games writen up that I plan to make. But game design has worn me out lately. I can't draw sprites all day, when I'm just looking for pure creativity.

Knowing me I will get less then half done before I give up on ths endevor, but I have never realy tried to write a full novel before, only short storys, so maybe this will strike a chord.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34698 on: January 10, 2011, 06:41:34 am »

Knowing me I will get less then half done before I give up on ths endevor, but I have never realy tried to write a full novel before, only short storys, so maybe this will strike a chord.

I was talking more about the iomages, I do write a bit of sci-fi (none of it's any good but it's fun for me.) and I'm out of insperation. I (attempt) to draw but they suck really badly...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34699 on: January 10, 2011, 06:45:47 am »

I was talking more about the iomages, I do write a bit of sci-fi (none of it's any good but it's fun for me.) and I'm out of insperation. I (attempt) to draw but they suck really badly...

Ah, I see. It is easyer then you think! Well, still hard, but my big break through came when I relised just how much digital editing went on behind a lot of pencil sketches you see on the internet. I found that my lines wern't as defined and clear and cool looking as theres were because they had been messing with the contrast, sneeky artists!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34700 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:45 am »

Yean, my friend does a lot of digital art but I really have no interest going past the sketch stage which I still find as hard as hell.

To be fair, it's more a matter of practice then anything else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34701 on: January 10, 2011, 06:50:59 am »

Tell me the secrets to writing!  I've run out of motivation on my own part, so I'm increasingly more convinced there's some magic formula I don't know that everyone else does, which causes writing to appear without the titanic effort it always feels like.  I used to be able to at least rough draft a couple pages of an idea before throwing the idea on the "I will never touch this again" pile, because I never return to any idea that I try at.  But I've had some really great ideas just in the last couple weeks, and the motivation to even open a textfile just eludes me.

I literally can't find the strength to put my arms on the keyboard, and then suddenly find the strength to go right back to games.  Admittedly, I have been sick for a week, but I can still write stupidly elaborate forum posts, so what the Hell brain.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34702 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:19 am »

Shrooms
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34703 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:31 am »

True, very true.
Still, it seems I can never go half way through a sketch before having an idea, and changing it into something else, and again. Perfect insane mindset for generating creatures for horror and sci fi.

As for the 'secrets to writing', I honestly don't know any. The secrets of programming is that you only realy need to know how to use controll structures and the documentation. The secrets of sketching is don't worry for a second about mistakes, just layer after layer untill it works. The secrets of music is a catchy, simple melody and 1,4,5. But writing? No idea...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34705 on: January 10, 2011, 06:57:10 am »

Pen and paper.

Stop laughing, it's not as stupid as it sounds. I can't be arsed to open a file, type stuff down then save it. But if I physical have the paper and writing utensiles in front of me then I go 'ok, now there was this dude...' and BANG half an hour gone and a nice draft of what I want with a burning want to wrtie it out.

Mind, this is only because I'm a little fanatic about Sci-Fi and don't see myself losing interest ever so I've got a load of motivation. But try it anyway, might work really well!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34706 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:35 am »

Secret to writing?  Motivation.  With it, you'll do well.  Without it, you'll never get anywhere.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34707 on: January 10, 2011, 07:00:18 am »

Pen and paper.

You know I am the exact opposit.
When it comes to paper and pencil, because it isn't as easy to just cut, and insert and mess around with drafts, I feel I shouldn't put something down untill I'm sure, and that is counter intruitive for a draft!

With a computer in front of my I feel free to write as I like. This attitude got me banned from several sects of the interwebs.  ;)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34708 on: January 10, 2011, 07:03:01 am »

I understand where your coming from, but my handwriting is so terrible I often scribble things out all the time so I've no problem with doing that all the time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34709 on: January 10, 2011, 07:04:20 am »

That too. My hand writing is so bad if I used pencil and paper I would never read what I put down!
Pages: 1 ... 2312 2313 [2314] 2315 2316 ... 13326