Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2269 2270 [2271] 2272 2273 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15811423 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34050 on: January 05, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »

That cheat? A combination of babyface and glorious, glorious abs.
They really need to get around to nerfing that crap. I mean, +13 to charisma over how your character looks? It's ridiculous!
You know what they say about the size of a man's charisma score.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34051 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:20 pm »

They really need to get around to nerfing that crap. I mean, +13 to charisma over how your character looks? It's ridiculous!
That it is in an inverse relationship with player skill?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34052 on: January 05, 2011, 09:46:35 pm »

Barbar will be fine in the latter stages of relationship building. See, he has a cheat enabled. That cheat? A combination of babyface and glorious, glorious abs.
Not so sure about the babyface part, but not having enough fat to cover my abdominal muscles is pretty cool, I guess.

Another thing I'm happy about is that I bench-pressed something for the first time. I don't know how high I can go yet, but for the aerobic-style workout we were doing, I successfully lifted half my weight, which I'm told is fairly decent for my first time. (60 pounds)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34053 on: January 05, 2011, 09:47:18 pm »

That it is in an inverse relationship with player skill?
It means it's a surprise he can run so well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34054 on: January 05, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »

The Art of Manliness. And no, it's not something from Maddox (though his stuff is certainly entertaining). It's a website devoted to rediscovering lost arts and skills, and incorporating good things from the past into our modern lives. There are essays on the virtues of the barbershop as a social forum, skills for folks to relearn and use in their daily lives, essays on self-awareness and improvement, and even advice on hat etiquette. It's primarily geared towards men, but a lot of the advice in there applies to people as a whole... it's pretty damned cool.

Embracing your calling means shutting off the voices of what others say you ought to do and living true to your real self. Not imitating dad or other men you admire. We take seriously everything but our own thoughts and beliefs-we drink up what our teachers tell us, what our parents tell us, what our ministers tell us. We eagerly lap up quotes from great men. We find these source of truth valuable, but dismiss our own insights and philosophy as hopelessly insignificant. But as Rabbi Zusya has said, “In the coming world, they will not ask me: ‘Why were you not Moses?” They will ask me: ‘Why were you not Zusya?’”

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34055 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:34 pm »

Welcome aboard man-brother. I'd really recommend some of the preparedness articles. One of them teaches you how to solve every possible situation you will encounter in the average social event, with a letter envelope and the contents thereof.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34056 on: January 05, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »

Hmm... yeah, I like pieces of that site, too.

I'm planning on buying a straight razor as soon as I'm financially independent and have the cash to burn.

And no, I'm not even kidding.  Plastic things in their place are fine, but I'm getting a bit annoyed at the usual twerpy razor things.  Plus, if you're going to go anachronistic, why not go REALLY anachronistic?

That and a nice pocket watch...

I like mechanical stuff that lasts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34057 on: January 05, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

hm... pocket watches.

actually hmm... watches in general. I needs one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34058 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:13 pm »

Yeah, I need one, too.  And some kind of calendar.  I'm getting really tired of forgetting what day of the week it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34059 on: January 05, 2011, 11:19:35 pm »

though come to think of it, my phone is a kind of pocket watch.

I want a nice analog wristwatch though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34060 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:30 pm »

Speaking of anachronistic analogue timekeeping devices, the Christmas gift my roommate got me just came in the mail; a brass compass/sextant/sundial. It compliments all the other navigational equipment I'd gotten from folks. Wonder if they're trying to say something. :|

It's pretty cool, but I need somewhere to mount it. It'd look good on a boat, but for now maybe I can use it to Steampunk out my computer, so I can find my way to the hottest LAN parties.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34061 on: January 05, 2011, 11:35:40 pm »

they are telling you to get lost.

you know it to be true.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34062 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:48 pm »

I've started doing Scottish showers and straight razor shaving since I found AoM. It sounds corny, but it has changed my life in all the small ways, and helped me re-fashion myself as an individual.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34063 on: January 05, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »

Yeah, I've been meaning to switch to cold showers for a while.  Especially because I'm working on waking up earlier and totally failing, so maybe if I leap out of bed and go take a cold shower, it'd help me stay awake...

Pfaugh.  So many things to do.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34064 on: January 05, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »

they are telling you to get lost.

I think getting lost is precisely the problem... I'm already crazy good at it. I shall have to invest in an almanac after my semester refund comes back, to complete the ensemble.

Never used a straight razor, though I do love alternating hot and cold water in showers. Still, at this time of year I tend to leave mine just shy of Scalding Hot, and absorb as much heat as possible before venturing out into the Winter weather. It's really tough to get out of my warm bed each morning though... I'm glad my classes don't start until late morning/early afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 2269 2270 [2271] 2272 2273 ... 13326