Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15811502 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33900 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:19 am »

Heh, I got that one because I lived with a dentist once.

Also,
It is my 16th birthday :D So yes. Thats very happy.
ハピバスデ〜おちた。

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33901 on: January 04, 2011, 06:20:04 am »

I'm in the "Knows just enough about everything to look really smart, but not enough to fool someone who knows what they're talking about" camp.

It also helps to be able to bullshit.  I can tell people the dumbest stuff and make it sound like first grade knowledge.  This gets dumb people off your back and makes the smart people laugh, so they'll be your fwend c:
Heheh, I do this too.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33902 on: January 04, 2011, 06:20:51 am »

It also helps to be able to bullshit.  I can tell people the dumbest stuff and make it sound like first grade knowledge.  This gets dumb people off your back and makes the smart people laugh, so they'll be your fwend c:

It took my Dad until I was seventeen before he realized I wasn't actually smarter than him, I was just really good at spinning a yarn and making it sound authentic.

As for the whole "know a lot about one area, and a little about lots", I think that describes almost everyone.  The real tricks to learn are presentation, and knowing how to deal with people who obviously know more than you.  Immediately defer to their superiority and flatter the Hell out of them for it, and ingratiate yourself in such a way that you appear to be an asset to their knowledge rather than inferior competition, at least to anyone else observing this process.

It's better to make yourself an attache than be proven a fool, and many's the intellectual exercise destroyed because somebody who didn't know what they were talking about kept trying to prove they did.  The other real trick to learn is how to recognize in advance when that person will be yourself.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33903 on: January 04, 2011, 06:36:10 am »

I'm in the "Knows a bunch of useless obscure facts about the world but can't work up the willpower to care about academic studies enough to utilize it" camp. Bring up some obscure subject that doesn't require knowing specific names or dates and I'm your man. Otherwise I'm woefully incompetent.

I'm happy over a gift sent to me, although I'm noting a pattern to these gifts. Generally they are given when I hint at how much fun we would have playing together while genuinely not intending it to be begging. So blerrg. I'm happy about this, although I'm suspecting myself of being a little slimy about it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33904 on: January 04, 2011, 06:45:51 am »

I'm happy over a gift sent to me, although I'm noting a pattern to these gifts. Generally they are given when I hint at how much fun we would have playing together while genuinely not intending it to be begging. So blerrg. I'm happy about this, although I'm suspecting myself of being a little slimy about it.

If this is about what I think it is, and I know it is, you're as slimy as an armadillo.  OTTD is a soulless blighted game, and you need to play something far superior, with a manlier soundtrack (the manliest game music ever even), and gameplay mechanics that aren't easily repurposed into screwing over other players (just intentionally meant to screw over other players).  Besides, I've never played it in multiplayer, and I think it'd be cool bro.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: January 04, 2011, 08:27:29 am »

Spoiler: Yay! (click to show/hide)
The old man's voice in the second panel must be read in the voice of Spock. It is required.

Also, Recettear seems to have sold over 100,000 copies. With another game translation in the works: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/03/earnings-call-recettears-follow-up-revealed/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:29:09 am by alway »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33906 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:37 am »

I would say that a mandatory game of trivial pursuit every school day might do much to improve standards of education.
Actually, I've noticed that people who do Knowledge Bowl (and do well) are usually the people who learn to use inductive reasoning very well. That helps when you accidentally ring in half way through a question, for example.

((Knowledge Bowl works about the same as Trivial Pursuit with some changes.))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33907 on: January 04, 2011, 09:49:25 am »

sounds like Science Bowl which i only got 5th place against nose digging freshmen :p

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: January 04, 2011, 09:55:08 am »

You know what's sad? In 6th grade I was reading on a 12th grade level. Most New Yorkers supposedly only read on a 5th grade one, at best.
You know what's sadder? I was reading at college level even before that. And I'm from Florida.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:37 am »

Daaaawwww!!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: January 04, 2011, 10:11:50 am »

They are holding hands with their significant otters.

And yeah, there is a reason they are my favorite animal.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33912 on: January 04, 2011, 10:22:13 am »

Duke, that pun was terrible. The video, however, is pawfully otterdorable. :33

You think your little 3-year-old is cute? They ain't got shit on otters. Even their survival adaptations, IE. keeping themselves from drifting apart when sleeping on the water, ooze cuteness.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: January 04, 2011, 10:38:26 am »

keeping themselves from drifting apart when sleeping on the water, ooze cuteness.
So wait... that's an automatic response? Begin construction of an otter chain!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:00 am »

Otters made me happy, disgusted at my lack of manliness in almost 'Awww'-ing over them, and gave me a mild relationship itch in the back of my head.

I'm weighing it up, and so far, they're cute enough that I don't hate them for it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 13326