Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15811311 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33885 on: January 04, 2011, 03:57:06 am »

Alas, poor Outlaws... would that you had allowed me to join you, instead of saying rude things to me, and then mysteriously falling down the crumbling ruin stairs. Onto some arrows. :(

(Click for to make more biggish)

In other words, after fussing with it on and off, I got heavily-modded Oblivion to work! Now it's all immersive, prettified, balanced, challenging, and has all kinds more content. I can Livestream it too! Having a nice new computer is rather cool.

My new semester starts in a few days too, which is extremely exciting. Excelsior, and all that.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:13:39 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33886 on: January 04, 2011, 03:58:45 am »

Mine starts in... two weeks.  Almost exactly.

Auuuuuugh
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33887 on: January 04, 2011, 04:00:51 am »

Tomorrow.
Half excited, half loathing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33888 on: January 04, 2011, 04:38:57 am »

Spoiler: Yay! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:58:11 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33889 on: January 04, 2011, 04:51:00 am »

Broken image! Hurray!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33890 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:28 am »

Broken image! Hurray!

... The irony is not lost on me for this one.

Fixed.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33891 on: January 04, 2011, 05:01:36 am »

Hah. Clergy on a battlefield.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33892 on: January 04, 2011, 05:04:59 am »

Yay!

The trick to being a classic genius is to learn how to appear knowledgeable about many different subjects.  The best way to accomplish this is to actually know a smattering of things about many different unrelated subjects.  In turn, this both actually makes you competent in many different areas, and breeds the analytical thinking skills that can make you feel competent with areas you know nothing about just from deducing the first-principles.

This is of course just me doing my damnedest to defend a "Trivial Pursuit" based lifeplan, but I challenge anyone to fault the logic in it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33893 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:43 am »

I am right there with you. As an unfortunate side-effect of learning a variety of things, you tend to have enough information to make educated guesses about most things, and can use critical thinking to make up for what skill gaps you may have.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33894 on: January 04, 2011, 05:13:45 am »

The trick to being a classic genius is to learn how to appear knowledgeable about many different subjects.  The best way to accomplish this is to actually know a smattering of things about many different unrelated subjects.  In turn, this both actually makes you competent in many different areas, and breeds the analytical thinking skills that can make you feel competent with areas you know nothing about just from deducing the first-principles.

This is of course just me doing my damnedest to defend a "Trivial Pursuit" based lifeplan, but I challenge anyone to fault the logic in it.

I would say this would work for the most part, unless of course you met someone who was competent in the area you are trying to discuss, they can see that you have gaps in your knowledge that come from not studying an area in real detail and the illusion is broken. Of course I would say that a mandatory game of trivial pursuit every school day might do much to improve standards of education.
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33895 on: January 04, 2011, 05:14:41 am »

I'm in the "know a little about everything and a lot about one thing, plus a rather large amount about one or two other things" camp.

Basically, I think it's good to focus on one thing and make it your expertise--because frankly, it does feel good to have achieved excellence in some area--but you should know a little about the rest of the world so you're not entirely clueless, and it's always good to have hobbies.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33896 on: January 04, 2011, 05:17:56 am »

I'm in the "Knows just enough about everything to look really smart, but not enough to fool someone who knows what they're talking about" camp.

It also helps to be able to bullshit.  I can tell people the dumbest stuff and make it sound like first grade knowledge.  This gets dumb people off your back and makes the smart people laugh, so they'll be your fwend c:
Shoes...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33897 on: January 04, 2011, 05:18:07 am »

It is my 16th birthday :D So yes. Thats very happy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33898 on: January 04, 2011, 05:29:10 am »

Hehe I tend to look up a couple of obscure in jokes and just casually drop them in conversations. Works every time!
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33899 on: January 04, 2011, 05:32:36 am »

Hehe I tend to look up a couple of obscure in jokes and just casually drop them in conversations. Works every time!

My favorite one, which I've learned I really shouldn't drop because no one gets it (and yes, I made it up):

What do a dentist and a mathematician have in common?

Both of their jobs involve calculus.

(calculus = dental plaque =/)

Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 13326