Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2246 2247 [2248] 2249 2250 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832952 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33705 on: January 03, 2011, 04:20:36 pm »

My dad has the disks for a game called Warhammer40,000: Final Liberation
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33706 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »

Swimming with Yumi. Then we're going to have a picnic. This makes me much less suicidy ^_^

I'd just like to note here how incredibly crass and sickening it is to use suicidal ideation as an attention-grabbing device on a webforum. This isn't the kind of stuff one should mention lightheartedly, as it's detrimental to those who may actually need help.

And in the case that you're serious about that, then you probably ought to stop shotgunning this stuff around a forum full of strangers (hell, follow that advice even if you aren't suicidal) and go get some actual, serious help, because the kind of attention you need isn't the kind you're going to find around here at all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:09:27 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33707 on: January 03, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »

I'll just magic up some money for more therapy then? Cause that's what I really need. Forced contact with a complete stranger in a confined space, that'll make it all better! And to think, in my two years of freedom I never once thought of that!! Thank you my friend! Thank you!!
*Hugs*

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33708 on: January 03, 2011, 05:17:55 pm »

I'll just magic up some money for more therapy then? Cause that's what I really need. Forced contact with a complete stranger in a confined space, that'll make it all better! And to think, in my two years of freedom I never once thought of that!! Thank you my friend! Thank you!!

What you need isn't up to anybody here, but what I do know is that you don't need to be scattering attention-grabbing, self-piteous posts around an internet forum full of people who don't even know you. Seriously, take a look at your own post history. You even have a signature that, as far as I can tell, allegedly translates as "Pain...". This isn't good for you or for anybody else here. From the perspective of someone else on this forum who doesn't know you, it's extremely awkward and off-putting and doesn't really belong.

Whatever you need — good friends, therapy, a freaking religious vision — it isn't going to be found on this forum.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33709 on: January 03, 2011, 05:23:31 pm »

You even have a signature that, as far as I can tell, allegedly translates as "Pain...".
...I seriously thought it was just shoes!  Huh.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33710 on: January 03, 2011, 05:27:15 pm »

Alright this is enough. This is the happy thread. Not the sad thread. Okay? Let's just move on already.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33711 on: January 03, 2011, 05:27:23 pm »

Translated with what?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33712 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »

Bay12 is better than therapy. Better.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33713 on: January 03, 2011, 05:37:27 pm »

Bay12 is better than therapy. Better.

I partially agree.

I was terrified of the therapists I went to (to the point of lying to one of them when they were screening me for schizophrenia) and constantly had a sense of the room tilting with me sliding towards the corner, but it helped anyway.  It wasn't that they were personally helpful--seriously, anyone who's sitting there saying "You're so much smarter than I am" or "You're so exquisitely sensitive in some ways, and somewhat... not... in others" is patently useless.  It was nice to have an outlet.

Meh.  All I'm going to say on that subject is that either they need to figure out that intelligent people they can't understand aren't necessarily autistic, or they need to get some better autism resources than "I'll sit here and tell you how weird you are!"

Gripe over, happy time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33714 on: January 03, 2011, 05:41:49 pm »

Translated with what?

I can't really trust the translation, but googling gives me "love hurts" and "pain". I'm going to assume Merchant doesn't mean "Shoes...", as amusing as that would be as a signature.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33715 on: January 03, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »

psychologists makes you feel bad about yourself, teachers on the other hand can make it fun.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33716 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:57 pm »

Isn't autism something that people would notice? I don't claim to know everything about it but from what I've seen it's something that tends to stand out a bit.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33717 on: January 03, 2011, 05:47:32 pm »

Isn't autism something that people would notice? I don't claim to know everything about it but from what I've seen it's something that tends to stand out a bit.
Well, it's a spectrum rather than an illness.  There isn't really a point where it stops being normal variation in personality and starts being autism.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33718 on: January 03, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »

Well, it's a spectrum rather than an illness.  There isn't really a point where it stops being normal variation in personality and starts being autism.
adding to that, Aspergers is fairly unnoticeable, aside from the social problems.
(speaking from experience, and no, not the self-diagnosed kind)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33719 on: January 03, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »

adding to that, Aspergers is fairly unnoticeable, aside from the social problems.
(speaking from experience, and no, not the self-diagnosed kind)
yo just had that confirmed, i lol'd after the guy asked me, how do i feel now?
Pages: 1 ... 2246 2247 [2248] 2249 2250 ... 13326