Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15857072 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32085 on: December 18, 2010, 08:40:49 am »

I dunno, something about a monk with Hamedo always struck me as awesome. Sure all ranges, magic and special attacks ignore it, but if some other human unit tries to mess with you they are in for a world of hurt. I never did test if Hamedo worked with a ranged weapon on other ranged characters.
It doesn't. I might if you point-blank a melee Hamedo with a ranged attack(which the AI never does). The main thing I didn't like about Hamedo, and Counter, is that because it's a face-to-face attack, the hit rate drops(pretty sharply when they attack me. I outfit my frontliners with cloaks, shields, Weapon Guard, Defenders if I can). Counter Tackle always hits(and is hilarous when it knocks them off a cliff).

Better exploitation: If you have a mage or summoner whose spell will act after one of your other guys, target that guy(not the ground), and move him into the middle of a group of enemies(friendlies for White Magic, or the Moogle/Fairy summons). Free extended magic range.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32086 on: December 18, 2010, 11:50:27 am »

The only Pokemon game I played was Blue, I even beat it.

Other than that, nope.  I don't care for Pokemon games and I hate nostalgic bullshit so it'll always be that way.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32087 on: December 18, 2010, 11:57:54 am »

For the first time in my life, I have a useable bank account.

no prize for guessing what I first used it for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32088 on: December 18, 2010, 12:09:20 pm »

Fog has covered the entire city, thickest fog i have seen in my life, i literally cannot see the building that is some 200 meters away from my window, and it looks awesome.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32089 on: December 18, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »

Fog has covered the entire city, thickest fog i have seen in my life, i literally cannot see the building that is some 200 meters away from my window, and it looks awesome.
Have fun playing with the monsters from beyond the veil.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32090 on: December 18, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »

A bit late for that now, it's all but gone, well i took a picture or two so it's not completley wasted :I
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32091 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:48 pm »

TF2 had a large update recently!  Woo.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32092 on: December 18, 2010, 12:22:13 pm »

For the first time this year, it's snowing to a good degree.  Should be a good amount tomorrow, when I'm going to my friend's house for an awesome snowball fight :D.

The only Pokemon game I played was Blue, I even beat it.

Other than that, nope.  I don't care for Pokemon games and I hate nostalgic bullshit so it'll always be that way.
I dunno... I've only played a couple.  It was quite fun, in a way, although it involves a pretty silly amount of grinding.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32093 on: December 18, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »

Fog has covered the entire city; it's the thickest fog i have seen in my life. I literally cannot see the building that is about 200 meters away from my window: it looks awesome.
This reminds me of a crazy run I did at 5:30 in the morning this past summer wherein I ran along a road that runs perfectly straight for two miles, crossing over several rivers and streams. The morning was really warm after a cold night, so fog erupted out of all of the standing water while I was running. By the end, I could only see twenty meters in front of me, and looking towards the sunrise only produced a faint but widespread blood-red glow. It's too bad I never run with a camera.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32094 on: December 18, 2010, 01:28:20 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32095 on: December 18, 2010, 02:05:22 pm »

Reason I limit the vanish to 1 or 2 turns, I have to either find a good time to ping my target and be able to run away, or change dances that may help me further with getting a target. Dances can only do so much damage. It does help doing the dance that reduces their defenses, but that gets time consuming. Hoping for Toad or Stop is usually the preferred method.

I suppose making a dancer/monk is also a good tactic to use, since they'd pulverize their target bare-fisted or use Chakra to heal up. Now that I recall, maybe I used that combo when I used the dancer; but it was her default class/build I assigned until endgame.

I mean, by endgame, I always had a master calculator (which was also a dark knight), a dancer and a bard. The remainder were getting better in their fields. Mostly close-combat or training to be lesser calculators (with at least 1 as an orator to rob random troops of their equipment, and then throwing them naked into the fields).

Interesting.  I never tried a dancer or calculator, and only used a bard (and the various mages, to be honest) for the sake of mastering everything with Ramza (also some few useful secondary skills).  I never got around to mastering all jobs with anyone but Ramza.  My preferred team was always Orlandu + Agrias + some combination of monks, ninja, samurai, and other special characters (Beowulf and Mustadio are fun).  Brute force ftw.

Some of the harder battles (mostly early on) would be easier with other classes, I'm sure, but once Ramza has his best abilities (first Yell, later Scream) the once-tough battles become "Ramza charges his lazer while everyone else runs around like a ninny.  Then he destroys everything."  The only consistently hard battle later on is against Elmdore's assassins, but only because that 100% kill ability has very few defenses, one of which is female-only (ribbon).

Favorite secondary ability combo:  The one that soaks damage with MP plus the one that recovers MP when you walk.  If your MP is nonzero you can soak one full attack.
My mooks were definitively badass. Never lost a soul (IE-No permadeath; though some have fallen sometimes). Kept the same team since the beginning, and seldom had to use any of the story characters. I mean, my mooks actually were on par with Orlandu once I got him. My Calculator/Dark Knight being the most powerful unit (physically and magically. A mook-crafted Orlandu); even stronger than Ramza, my dancers/bards were second in power, and my lesser troops were on par with Ramza. And yes, they all were balanced in their combat experience; and I even intentionally kept as low a level as possible so story missions were still fun and not one-sided. I just knew how to make a functional team.

A dancer/bard team is really nasty (and underrated) if you know how to use them correctly. Slow Dance + Speed Song = HOLYCRAPSPEED!!! Mix that with a team of ninjas, and you'll be going at hyper speeds. Tack on some mimes with the right units and abilities to mimic as well, and "what battle?".

Hell, the final boss didn't see what was coming after it. 5 turns tops, and the final boss was down.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:18:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32097 on: December 18, 2010, 02:19:52 pm »

THE FOG IS BACK!
Now with extra "i can't see shit" sprinkled about, i can barely see the parking lot below my window (sixth floor)
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32098 on: December 18, 2010, 04:13:45 pm »

Played through Penumbra: Overture, I liked the Half-Life reference with the crowbar. Going on to Black Plague now, then on to Requiem. Frictional is a great game company, but I found Amnesia a bit lacking.

Requiem's pretty terrible, and the story comes to a satisfying conclusion in Black Plague, so don't feel any need to finish Requiem.
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32099 on: December 18, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »

This is Pokemon.  :D
The only reason I didn't think he was gay was because of Jesse, and even then it was really hard to tell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 13326