Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848052 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30990 on: December 08, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »

My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.

I was not aware this was the one and only thread contained in the subforum.  Good to know.

Goddammit, my navel is running wild here.  I have to catch it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30991 on: December 08, 2010, 05:55:59 pm »

Oh man you've searched my post history to discover my secret agenda, which I flat out stated in my first post when I said on most forums zero content threads like this are closed instantly. My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.
I dont think that is your decision. You want to close this just because it has (sorry thread) no meaning other than to show when people are happy?  Maybe you should think of all of the people who have posted in this thread, all of us putting in positive points, it makes me happy reading this and you want to take that away? Not cool.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #30992 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:04 pm »

I hope you realise that we're kinda poking Today with a big pointy stick, can we stop please?

Happy because I just checked my email and I'll be getting that delivary 2 days early!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30993 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »

My navel is an innie and that makes me happy.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30994 on: December 08, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »

My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.

I was not aware this was the one and only thread contained in the subforum.  Good to know.

Goddammit, my navel is running wild here.  I have to catch it.

Except having threads like these is actually counterproductive to good discussion on the entire subforum, because they form cliques. And then when someone who is a 'popular' member of the forum expresses an opinion everyone else leaps to agree, whether they actually agree or not, just to feel like they're part of the COOL CROWD.

Forgive me if I'd prefer not to hold meaningful discussion in the internet equivalent of high school

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #30995 on: December 08, 2010, 05:58:53 pm »

If you don't like it, leave it!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30996 on: December 08, 2010, 05:59:12 pm »

>:( Move on. Before the toad gets out the banhammer. If you don't like the thread, DON'T POST HERE.

FEDIT: Damn ninja.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30997 on: December 08, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »

Oh man you've searched my post history to discover my secret agenda, which I flat out stated in my first post when I said on most forums zero content threads like this are closed instantly. My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.

1. I never used the word agenda, so quoting it at me only makes you look silly.

2. Your antagonistic attitude is unnecessary.  I was wondering if you had seen the thread go downhill, or had been getting really irritated about recent changes.  It would give you a reason to act irritable.

3. If you want to read interesting topics, then start interesting topics.  Alternatively, there's a great number of other forums that are much more active about thread-pruning, as you said.  You might try looking for interesting discussion there.

4. Communities are built by people relating to each other.  This thread serves a purpose.

I agree with you that I dislike its devolution into a cat roleplaying thread, or an innuendo thread, or whatever.  That irritates me.  For its actual goal/purpose, however, it is quite valuable.

And then when someone who is a 'popular' member of the forum expresses an opinion everyone else leaps to agree, whether they actually agree or not, just to feel like they're part of the COOL CROWD.

Given the number of angry arguments I get into and my apparent popularity, I'm going to disagree with you on a factual basis.

Forgive me if I'd prefer not to hold meaningful discussion in the internet equivalent of high school

The nice thing about high school is that at the end, you can graduate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30998 on: December 08, 2010, 06:00:02 pm »

"No there's no cliques here, now if you don't like the way the people in charge here are doing things just leave!"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30999 on: December 08, 2010, 06:00:08 pm »

The only person is charge of anything is Toady, and Zach, and Toady made his stance on things abundantly clear.

Except having threads like these is actually counterproductive to good discussion on the entire subforum, because they form cliques. And then when someone who is a 'popular' member of the forum expresses an opinion everyone else leaps to agree, whether they actually agree or not, just to feel like they're part of the COOL CROWD.

Point to one time that has ever actually happened.  Y'know, besides everyone fawning over how awesome Dasleah is.

Look dude, I'm sorry you don't think you're popular, and you don't want to come into the secret clubhouse that isn't secret at all.  Not much to be done for you though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31000 on: December 08, 2010, 06:01:26 pm »

"No there's no cliques here, now if you don't like the way the people in charge here are doing things just leave!"

So, your staying out of spite of us because we're terrible?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31001 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:55 pm »

The nice thing about high school is that at the end, you can graduate.

I did. Hence why I don't particularly want to go back

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #31002 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:04 pm »

Are you trying to be productive in a counter-productive thread as you said? Please can we just stop as it's getting rather pathetic, this is the Bay12 forums and Today has jurestiction over what can and can't happen. Pissing off the person with the banhammer is not a good idea and I think continuing this argument will do just that.

All friends? Please =3

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31003 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:32 pm »

The real question is whether arguing with Lord Nagash is better or worse than everyone acting like cats, which was really irritating.
Shoes...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31004 on: December 08, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »

I see just three foul portions of your argument Nagash, after this I will happily ignore your existance and try to make sure this topic isn't closed becouse of this arugment.
1)This thread makes several people happy, and it helps new members get used to the community here.
2)Actuil 'meaningful' discussion does infact happen, both on this topic and others in the General Discussion sub-forum
3)In real High School you join a 'clique' becouse you are young, insecure, afraid of haveing the shit kicked out of you for not being cool, etc. etc. Some of us might be young in this forum, but none of the other reasons really apply.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 13326