Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15847766 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30975 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:12 pm »

Any big forum I've ever been to, pointless zero content stream-of-thought threads like this are locked on sight
Which would be part of the reasons people are on this forums and not other "big forums"?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30976 on: December 08, 2010, 05:30:18 pm »

This is a relatively "Small town" forum as opposed to the "Big City" forums so yeah, we're much more laid back
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30977 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »

Are we all done navel gazing now?  Okay, good.

Barack Obama on MythBusters tonight, 9-eastern 8-central.  Its Archimedes' Revenge all over again.  Don't forget to watch, there will be a quiz.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30978 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:20 pm »

Basically, having one big rambly thread like this means that we don't have hundreds of little mini-threads about random crap that made us happy.

And xkcd (which is far larger than we are) has an equivalent thread.  They're a little bit less off-topic, but it's not like it was "instantly deleted," as you posited.

Except forums aren't for 'hundred of little mini-threads about random crap that made us happy'. That's what twitter is for, that's what a blog is for. Nor is it for just chatting and having a conversation, that's what IRC and IM clients are for. A forum is for actually discussing something, which is why a topic is called a topic and not 'just say whatever I guess'

On a side note, you do have a thousand little mini threads about various 'things that made you x' all over the place. Why do there need to be multiple threads? It is possible to discuss different emotions in the same place without there being an explosion.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30979 on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:13 pm »

Ok, this is something that kindof bothers me.

Why make a generalised insult to everyone when trying to move on?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30980 on: December 08, 2010, 05:36:30 pm »

Ok, this is something that kindof bothers me.

Why make a generalised insult to everyone when trying to move on?

Why wouldn't I?  It is navel gazing, and navel gazing starts the elitism discussions, and then it's another fight all over again.  Besides, I already made myself part of the navel gazing anyway.

As a point of order, we do have dozens of little threads for whatever we want to talk about.  That's what "General Discussion" means; that describes almost every thread here.  This thread is more like for talking about things that even the originator doesn't think warrants its own thread, especially personal anecdotes that aren't really "discussable" material and more just stuff to chat over.  Or at least that's the way I see it.

Oh hey, look, my navel.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30981 on: December 08, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »

Dude, this is just the way this forum is, the fact is you can accept it the way it is, leave, or continue on a tirade of telling everyone they are wrong for haveing a conversaton here and have everyone ignore you. Unless we get really REALLY out of hand Toady tends to be fine with it.
Note:This is directed at Lordnagash, not Aqizzar.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30982 on: December 08, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

I really wish those posts hadn't been deleted, so I could see what was wrong with them.

There was practically nothing wrong with them. Kaguro commented something about how a drunk five year old would be funny, Dasleah called him out on it, and then got muted.

We're somewhat more laid back in the happy thread, partly out of fear of Janet.

Fear of Janet? What on earth do you have to be afraid of? The only power she has over you is that she can (and does) lock this thread on a whim, and really, if that's enough to bother you you ought to just make a new thread that's more consistent and condusive to actual discussion instead of a few pages of "Twin neko girls have arrived! KA~MEW! *super awesome, kawaii entrance dance!* Kitty kitty chocolate double Auuuuu~ look my ears have fur." Honestly, I'm surprised nobody has yet.

Can we not talk about this in the same thread that just got in trouble?

Seems the most appropriate place.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30983 on: December 08, 2010, 05:42:00 pm »

Why wouldn't I?  It is navel gazing, and navel gazing starts the elitism discussions, and then it's another fight all over again.  Besides, I already made myself part of the navel gazing anyway.

You mean elitism like when dasleah says something everyone leans on the report button because he's not agreeing with them?

Dude, this is just the way this forum is, the fact is you can accept it the way it is, leave, or continue on a tirade of telling everyone they are wrong for haveing a conversaton here and have everyone ignore you. Unless we get really REALLY out of hand Toady tends to be fine with it.
Note:This is directed at Lordnagash, not Aqizzar.

I'm sure everyone posting in Various Nonsense would have told me the same thing, before that forum got shut down for being a cesspool filled with the same sort of thing as this thread and being the cause of 90% of the moderator reports on the forum.

Edit: Also, 'well this is just the way it is' is the worst defense against change ever used by man

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30984 on: December 08, 2010, 05:44:02 pm »

I searched your post history and it seems that your only posts in this thread are complaints about the thread.

This strikes me as unfortunate.

What is your argument--you want this thread locked, and you want it locked now?  I mean, what's your goal here?  What is your point?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30985 on: December 08, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »

Is your whole point that you want to try and get this thread locked, guys?

FAKEEDIT: ninja'd
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30986 on: December 08, 2010, 05:45:48 pm »

Retro I don't think it was the calling me out on my 5-year old drunk comment, which I admit was a little messed up, that got him muted. It was the makeing it sound like I have psychological problems when I mentioned I like makeing people laugh, which, judgeing by Toady's comment, was taken as him picking a fight.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30987 on: December 08, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »

I searched your post history and it seems that your only posts in this thread are complaints about the thread.

This strikes me as unfortunate.

What is your argument--you want this thread locked, and you want it locked now?  I mean, what's your goal here?  What is your point?

Oh man you've searched my post history to discover my secret agenda, which I flat out stated in my first post when I said on most forums zero content threads like this are closed instantly. My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30988 on: December 08, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »

But I have to wonder, Why was my comment deleted? Not that I mind, just curious.
*Hugs*

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30989 on: December 08, 2010, 05:52:44 pm »

Oh man you've searched my post history to discover my secret agenda, which I flat out stated in my first post when I said on most forums zero content threads like this are closed instantly. My 'agenda' is that I think it would be nice if General Discussion was a place you could come and actually find some actual discussion on interesting topics, rather than a thousand plus page thread of people just mind dumping in the hope that someone will ask them about it.

Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that I am terribly sorry for having a good time when you are not.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 13326