Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844134 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30690 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »

My highschool computer-coding class was a waste of time, because it was all about learning a syntax of JAVA that was outmoded and replaced the following year.

Anyway.  I had a great time today with the University Democrats club, which is to say, the Club President, Vice President, Secretary, faculty sponsor, City Councilman Hightower, his aide, and me had a great time.  It was a meeting of seven people, and I was the only new face, and I'm graduating in two weeks.  The principle topics of the meeting: attracting attention and new membership, and what it would mean if His Imperious Majesty Richard Perry ran for the big ticket in 2012.  More importantly, I got to know the President better, she liked my ideas and input (since I showed up and all), and assured me that I'd be invited back and on the mailing list in perpetuity after I'm not longer a student.

There's a lot of other stuff for me to be happy about contained in that, but I don't want to look any more like the desperate schmuck that I am.  Point is: giggity giggity giggity.

And now I'll soon be headed back to campus, to join some of my friends for something called "Oresteia: The Trilogy by Aeschylus", as performed by some dudes known as "The Leonidas Loizides Theatrical Group".  So you know it has to be good.  I'm getting downright gentrified today.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30691 on: December 06, 2010, 06:02:00 pm »

Solved a cute geometry problem.

For some reason, my universe has been full of a lot of cute things, recently.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30692 on: December 06, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »

So the were a cute angels? (sorry for the stupid joke, a teacher actually typo'd this onto an assignment. The question was to draw one. Someone did.)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30693 on: December 06, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

It's Janet, Vector. She's taking over your universe.
*Hugs*

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30694 on: December 06, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »

Cute things are awesome, especially cute funny things.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30695 on: December 06, 2010, 06:06:13 pm »

I'm happy that I'm still young enough to get some stuff for christmas, but smart enough to get some useful things. Working on finding a place to buy a Wacom tablet, bamboo preferably. Anyone got any ideas on where to pick one up?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30696 on: December 06, 2010, 06:10:29 pm »

I'm happy that I'm still young enough to get some stuff for christmas, but smart enough to get some useful things. Working on finding a place to buy a Wacom tablet, bamboo preferably. Anyone got any ideas on where to pick one up?

I got mine from Future Shop. They don't have a very wide selection, but Wacom's the top brand so they ought to have them wherever your nearest one is.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30697 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:03 pm »

So the were a cute angels? (sorry for the stupid joke, a teacher actually typo'd this onto an assignment. The question was to draw one. Someone did.)

No.  One of the sons-of-bitches went crazy and lit my hometown on fire.

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30699 on: December 06, 2010, 06:23:04 pm »

His head is full of angels! And if you call those spikes pins, a thousand angles on each of those points.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30700 on: December 06, 2010, 06:29:03 pm »

XD

Best worst puns I've seen in a while.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30701 on: December 06, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »

On taking programming classes in high school, its not entirely useless. It helps you learn how to arrange your thinking in order to program, not to mention in my experience the ones I've taken are quite similar. I took a college programming class (C++) the summer before senior year and senior year I took a python/java programming class, in already having a general idea of how programming works I rocked that high school class. Not to mention my fellow classmates in that particular class were alot of fun to be around.

Do note however said classes were only basic classes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30702 on: December 06, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »

I suppose it's worth saying that Java's syntax changing screwed me over as much as it did because I never learned how to think in programming terms.  My programming methods relied on copying example programs out of the textbooks.  After finding the parts I wanted, I would cannibalize and modify the necessary lines, arranging them in files in ways that may as well have been set by the Houses of the Planets, as much as any rational understanding of object-oriented structure on my part, and just kinda hoping they worked right.  If they didn't, I either tried a different project or gave up.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30703 on: December 06, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »

In my case, it was the most dumbed-down using of Visual Basic.Net's form designer. I think there was only one or two assignments that actually had us writing some lines of code, and none of it actually helped with learning what any of it did or how to use it.

And that was just the first course. The second course was actually CP1 and CP2 mashed together, and they put in some idiot who had no idea what he was doing as our teacher. He tried to have us save our assignments on the computer, despite the fact the computers where set for a system restore every single day(we, the students, tried to circumvent the software that did that, but with no success). What made it worse was, the school set the software up during a fairly large virus release, so every time the computers reset, the virus was restored.

That was just the CP class. Don't get me started on the Web Design class.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30704 on: December 06, 2010, 06:43:49 pm »

I'm happy that people can get muted for posting strictly so people will pay attention to them, even if they're doing it "nicely." I kinda figured Toady wouldn't bother with that down here in the lower hells forums.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 13326