Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844049 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30015 on: December 02, 2010, 05:18:09 pm »

Screw it. I'm gonna add Teille Charme and Nagi too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30016 on: December 02, 2010, 05:20:09 pm »

Felt my daughter kick :)

2 months more before I get to hold her.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30017 on: December 02, 2010, 05:22:02 pm »

How do you taste a language? How does something like... French taste? Or... Welsh?

French tastes like peeled almonds roasted in butter, and raspberries, and sometimes a very bitter and smoky dark chocolate.  Oddly, Lolita tasted French to me, so... my palate may be slightly unrefined ._.

I don't know much Welsh (read: pretty much any, other than Scrabble words like cwm), but it's always seemed kind of vegetably and potato-ish.  I don't know enough about the culture to say anything significant.  The reading of the consonants seems really cool, though!

Before you ask, I read about synesthesia in late middle school or something and decided I wanted to be able to use it.  So I built a lot of layered associative maps between concepts and the senses, and... here we are.

Plus, there's the "simple Pole in a complex plane" joke...

Never heard of it.

It's a pretty bad math pun.

Halfway through a recent airplane flight from Warsaw to New York, there was nearly a major disaster when the flight crew got sick from eating the fish. After they had passed out, one of the flight attendants asked over the intercom if there were any pilots in the cabin.

An elderly gentleman, who had flown a bit in the war, raised his hand and was rushed into the cockpit of the 747. When he got there, took the seat, and saw all the displays and controls, he realized he was in over his head. He told the flight attendant that he didn't think he could fly this plane. When asked why not, he replied,

"I am just a simple Pole in a complex plane"

So, they just had to rely on the method of steepest descents.

I also like small countries, especially ones with beautiful scenery and landmarks >_<

This actually made me raise an eyebrow, until I remembered "Oh! By US standards. Of course!".

Yeah, well... it's not a monster like Russia, at least.  I suppose it'd probably be average-sized by most people's standards?

I should probably start reserving the "small" category for places like Rwanda and Luxembourg.

Well it looks like you are even more multilayered, than I actually thought.

Hey, thanks!  And thanks for the information.  I have lots more to learn about Poland and its people, it seems ^_^;;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30018 on: December 02, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

Okey, Vector you have piqued my interest. Any specifics on how you managed to make this happen?

And just curious; how would Esperanto taste like? What about Interlingua? Afrikaans?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30019 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:06 pm »

D'awwwwww :3

Also ;_:
*Hugs*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30020 on: December 02, 2010, 05:38:52 pm »

How do you taste a language? How does something like... French taste? Or... Welsh?

French tastes like peeled almonds roasted in butter, and raspberries, and sometimes a very bitter and smoky dark chocolate.  Oddly, Lolita tasted French to me, so... my palate may be slightly unrefined ._.

I don't know much Welsh (read: pretty much any, other than Scrabble words like cwm), but it's always seemed kind of vegetably and potato-ish.  I don't know enough about the culture to say anything significant.  The reading of the consonants seems really cool, though!

Before you ask, I read about synesthesia in late middle school or something and decided I wanted to be able to use it.  So I built a lot of layered associative maps between concepts and the senses, and... here we are.
Wow... If I tried my hand at it french is a fickle language, tasteing of fresh bread with a hint of nut. Sometimes its like a silky smoove piece of ice sliding across a flat surface. Japanese is a mix of odd angles, like an imperfected crystal structure. Sometimes its like tasting a sushi dish, unique.

(Ha ha I suck at this ._.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30021 on: December 02, 2010, 05:39:57 pm »

Why did I do this.
This is awesome and you should feel awesome. Her empire does not stop at simple merchandise!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30022 on: December 02, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

Wow... If I tried my hand at it french is a fickle language, tasteing of fresh bread with a hint of nut. Sometimes its like a silky smoove piece of ice sliding across a flat surface. Japanese is a mix of odd angles, like an imperfected crystal structure. Sometimes its like tasting a sushi dish, unique.

(Ha ha I suck at this ._.)

Where do you guys even get this stuff. I want to taste languages and hear colours too!

Srsly.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30023 on: December 02, 2010, 05:42:35 pm »

I wanted to say magic, then stopped because that was stupid and decided to say a real answer.

And then I found none.

So magic.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30024 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »

I wanted to say magic, then stopped because that was stupid and decided to say a real answer.

And then I found none.

So magic.
I wanted to say eye-arms.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #30025 on: December 02, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »

Get someone with synesthesia to cough on you.

It's contagious I hear.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30026 on: December 02, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »

Well if I imagine the french blends together well and leaves a ruscling of leaves after its wake. I also assosiate france with bread and the nuts to give it the slightly earthy smell. Maybe it would involve milk chocolate and silk.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30027 on: December 02, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »

This is the H_faces.lib I altered. If any of you want some reccetear in your Age of wonders feel free to use this. It also has some other face Chaoticag asked me to put in. This currently has Recette, Charme, Nagi, And Tielle.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30028 on: December 02, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »

D'awwwwww :3

Also ;_:
I second that D'awwwwww.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #30029 on: December 02, 2010, 05:52:11 pm »

This is the H_faces.lib I altered. If any of you want some reccetear in your Age of wonders feel free to use this. It also has some other face Chaoticag asked me to put in. This currently has Recette, Charme, Nagi, And Tielle.

Hahaha this single-handedly rebooted my love for this game. Now where are those discs...
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 ... 13326