Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15858095 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27990 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

Well I guess I am very lucky that amputees are one of my real fetishes.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27991 on: November 17, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »

Silly humans, trying to hold onto your biological components. Once the AI's start to win the war against us, I'm just going to become one of them. Odd that no one ever thinks to do that in robot war movies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27992 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:50 pm »

I have a paper due on Monday, but will actually be accepted by Wednesday.  I've barely looked into it yet, but that's nothing new.  I'm getting started on it today, partly because one of my research books is due back tomorrow.  But also because this is it, this is when I actually work on an assignment before the night before it's due.  (Since I need that day for cramming for an exam.)

Im doin this man.  Im makin this hapen.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27993 on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:26 pm »

Meh, I'm hoping for a GITS style outcome.
GITS is the best.
〜タチコマ〜

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27994 on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »

Silly humans, trying to hold onto your biological components. Once the AI's start to win the war against us, I'm just going to become one of them. Odd that no one ever thinks to do that in robot war movies.
In order to do that, you would need there help, you would need to have surrendered already and by that point you don't really have to power to chose.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27995 on: November 17, 2010, 08:06:39 pm »

No I won't. I'll simply get some pre-sentient surgery robots to make me a 90% mechanical Cyborg. The machines will never know.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27996 on: November 17, 2010, 08:08:56 pm »

Pff, I don't care about winning myself.  If they win and I die, I've won.

If you were a parent and like, forty years old or something, and there was a global war between people over thirty vs. people under thirty, wouldn't you be happy to see your childrens' side win?  If the new guys get smart enough to take over, then more power to 'em--I'll be cheering them along, hell, seeing as I'm a former AI coder who's now working on unrelated R&D I'll probably be part of what brought them into being.

A parent's job is to raise their children well, teach them morals and art and history, or at least guide them to create their own.  Not all parents are parents intentionally, but the job's still the same.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #27997 on: November 17, 2010, 08:13:14 pm »

Nexon + Valve's source engine + MMO = AWESOME!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27998 on: November 17, 2010, 08:16:35 pm »

Nexon… MMO

Wait, are you implying the two aren't mutually inclusive?

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27999 on: November 17, 2010, 08:17:12 pm »

Huh, that looks pretty cool.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28000 on: November 17, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »

Did..... Did that just imply Physics in a MMO?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28001 on: November 17, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

Huh.  Wait, it's out, even?  Wow.

It looks like generic fantasy which is a shame, although I wonder if those fighting moves play as cool as they almost kinda look.  Hum.

I did like the gnoll with the pickelhaube.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #28002 on: November 17, 2010, 08:26:42 pm »

Walked home today in the pouring rain, around 45 degrees out including wind chill, and it was great.

Eh... I don't like the look of it. Looks like just another grindy Korean mass produced MMO (Yeah, yeah, stereotypes, but Nexon actually is Korean :P).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28003 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »

It's in beta still, I think.  There was already a thread on it in Other Games a while ago.  I tried it myself, but the main menu ran like crap even on the lowest graphic settings, and it crashed to desktop when trying to do anything else.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28004 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29:33 pm »

Apparently the petsmart interview I had today was actually a pre-interview to ensure that the people who are applying know what their getting into. That said the real one appears to be tommorrow and I have high hopes as the person I was talking with today seemed really impressed by my experience with animals. Living with pets all my life + volunteering at the SPCA Wildlife Center = very qualified for petsmart position. Heck what I'd be doing at petsmart is pretty much the exact same thing I do at the SPCA (mostly cleaning) + helping people get stuff for their pets.
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 13326