Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 [1856] 1857 1858 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15854967 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27825 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:33 pm »

Tentacle nurses? That's just screaming hentai.
I think that's a student. Or perhaps a student studying to become a nurse.

And while I may not know any off the top of my head this seems like it would be a popular theme among the B-grade movies of the American 80's. I'm calling bullshit on Japan being the first to think this up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #27826 on: November 16, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »

Oh Japan, how I love thee.

Dear lord.  That's insane.

Gotta hand it to 'em.

They don't copy the crap that everyone else makes XD
Over half the stuff they make is either a direct parody or heavily influenced by western culture.

I'm pretty sure we actually came up with tentacled abominations before they did.
We discovered steel first, too.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27827 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:07 pm »

Oh Japan, how I love thee.

:o

I'm pretty sure this was made purely to screw with Japanese men by subverting the typical fetishes there. Hell...then again, tentacle schoolgirl idol ninjas might BE a fetish.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27828 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:14 pm »

I don't know what to say to that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27829 on: November 16, 2010, 02:05:07 pm »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's self parody.  It's my way of dealing with weirdness in the world.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27830 on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:04 pm »

You can always add more layers, but if it's hot and you're outside there's nothing you can do.

If you have to cover yourself in five dead bears to keep from freezing, that's Mother Nature's way of telling you you don't belong there.

And there's plenty you can do when it's hot. Find shade, try to move as little as possible...

Cthulu has it dead on. When it's cold, it just takes a few layers to make yourself nice and warm. When it's too hot, you get lethargic, try to drink cold water, stay out of the sun, etc., and you're stuck waiting to cool off.

...evolve features that increase your surface area/volume ratio...
<.< Clinal Variation is totally not a valid argument for which is better. Besides, it applies to cold weather just as it does to hot weather. You can just get shorter, rounder, and have tinier limbs.

Besides, nothing quite beats the giant "Screw You, Nature!" that is cutting a hole in the ice in the dead of winter, diving into the lake, then running back half numb to a hot Sauna with a bunch of crazy Scandinavians.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:28:42 pm by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27831 on: November 16, 2010, 06:14:09 pm »

Oh, my gosh.  I actually cooked something tasty and filling, and when I eat it I don't feel like throwing up.

This is an important day in the life of Vector.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27833 on: November 16, 2010, 06:40:40 pm »

Oh, my gosh.  I actually cooked something tasty and filling, and when I eat it I don't feel like throwing up.

Hey, wait... I was always under the impression that you were a really good cook.  Don't tell me that was all I lie, I was going to message you for recipe recommendations.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27835 on: November 16, 2010, 06:59:32 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27836 on: November 16, 2010, 07:04:43 pm »

Hey, wait... I was always under the impression that you were a really good cook.  Don't tell me that was all I lie, I was going to message you for recipe recommendations.

Hahahahaha >______>

If you give me a basic ingredient list and tell me what I'm supposed to do with each ingredient, I can cook some really good stuff with flourishes and additions, no amounts needed.  Pretty much everything I make while loosely following a recipe turns out well.  Cardamom rolls, crepes, curry, whatever.  Not too sure about foods that don't start with c, though.

If you let me loose in a kitchen and say "make something," I will look for every available raw ingredient, do something to it (cut it up, fry it, whatever), throw it in coconut milk, boil the hell out of it, and proceed to serve over rice.

So... I'm not quite sure if I'm a good cook or a really, really, really bad one, but there you have it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27837 on: November 16, 2010, 07:11:05 pm »

I'm starting to get into cooking various things on my own as well, one of the things I do very well is pizza. Both the crust and sauce is homemade and every time I've made it its been a hit. On the sauce I usually simmer it on the stove to help the flavor along rather than just let it sit there like it seems to suggest.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27838 on: November 16, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »

If you give me a basic ingredient list and tell me what I'm supposed to do with each ingredient, I can cook some really good stuff with flourishes and additions, no amounts needed.  Pretty much everything I make while loosely following a recipe turns out well.  Cardamom rolls, crepes, curry, whatever.  Not too sure about foods that don't start with c, though.

Well, a recipe is all I was looking for anyway.  I mean, I know I just Google whatever and find stuff, but I figured you might be familiar with something.  Specifically, I want to make a spinach and cheese quiche.  Any tips?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27839 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

Just don't put bugs in Sanji's soup and complain about it.
Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 [1856] 1857 1858 ... 13326