Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1807 1808 [1809] 1810 1811 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15847932 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27120 on: November 09, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

Code: [Select]
$  :(){ :|:& };:I learned something important today, be careful what you type into the bash prompt. Save and close any open files before running that, and be prepared to shut down your computer (through the power button).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:16:09 pm by ILikePie »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27121 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43:41 pm »

I think you got your link wrong, that's an article about Missouri residents symbolicaly bitch-slapping down a Westboro Bapist protest. Which is still very awesome.

Uh, yeah. Fred Phelps is the "preacher" in charge of Westboro Baptist.

EDIT: Another happy thing: I read up on the history of the LOGO Turtle. I was introduced to LOGO when I was about 7, and took to it like a fiend. One day, some guys came to visit my school to talk about computers and robots and programming and brought a Turtle robot with them to demonstrate. They drew some basic polygons, changed the pen color, etc.

Then my teacher said, "Oh! One of our students has written some programs in LOGO and would like to use your robot if that's okay." They were kinda surprised that a 1st-grader knew LOGO. They were REALLY surprised when the Turtle busted out some five-foot wide spirographs.

That was my Crowning Moment of Awesome for many moons.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:03:45 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:55:09 pm by Mindmaker »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27123 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:58 pm »

I think you got your link wrong, that's an article about Missouri residents symbolicaly bitch-slapping down a Westboro Bapist protest. Which is still very awesome.

Uh, yeah. Fred Phelps is the "preacher" in charge of Westboro Baptist.
Well, his name isn't in the article.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27124 on: November 09, 2010, 03:13:39 pm »

Listening to the Hunchback of Notre Dame as an audio book, and it's been pretty good so far. The pacing is much, much different than I'd have expected... granted my only experience was in hearing that it was a good story, and seeing the results of it being vivisected and sold for parts by Walt Disney's ghost.

I'm liking it so far; Victor Hugo takes a lot of time to describe atmosphere, characters, and ideas, which is not what I expected. The author has nice wit and insight, but he doesn't make a big show about it. I'm almost tempted to find it in novel form instead, because I'd have more time to mull over the scenes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27125 on: November 09, 2010, 03:15:32 pm »

Ooh, yes!  Go for the novel form, and be sure to get an annotated copy.  If yours doesn't have the arguments in Greek and Latin, or the long sections of Spanish poetry, then you are seriously missing out.

Also, there's scads of stealth puns that don't hit you the first time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27126 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:41 pm »

Played a little Archon (Demo) on Steam. Man, what a fun game. And from the looks of the additional features (plus classic modes), it looks worth it's full price too. Pretty good job on it's remake with the more modern features optional as well. I gotta play this against some people, and up to 4 players sounds like things can get rather nuts (and with friendly fire as an option included makes me think there can be 2v2 battles on the squares as well).

I kinda like how they handle the demo mode. Essentially a near-full game (most features are unlocked when bought) with a time limit per-day. Takes me back to how id had Doom and other game demos as just 1 full game chapter (though, no time limit). I managed to destroy the dark team in 10 minutes (half demo time) and win via annihilation. I love this game.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27127 on: November 09, 2010, 03:37:12 pm »

The one I have seems to slip into Latin, but since it's an Audio Book, it isn't annotated and doesn't make much sense. Methinks I'll visit the Library this afternoon... though I probably don't need any more distraction from my Lab Report... >.<;

Played a little Archon (Demo) on Steam.
You mean This Archon? They remade it?

Huh... wonders. They don't cease.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #27128 on: November 09, 2010, 03:38:12 pm »

I just watched 2 default test creatures run up to one another and fight to the death. My pathfinding and combat code works! :D

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27129 on: November 09, 2010, 03:55:03 pm »

I just watched 2 default test creatures run up to one another and fight to the death. My pathfinding and combat code works! :D

This is why I don't buy the notion of a merciful God.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27130 on: November 09, 2010, 04:15:48 pm »

Look what I picked up today.  I'm psyched.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27131 on: November 09, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »

If that gives you the ability to shoot Eurkel, then I swear to God, I'll rob a game store to get this game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27132 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »

If that gives you the ability to shoot Eurkel, then I swear to God, I'll rob a game store to get this game.

Incoming message from Jaleel White - go fuck yourself.  Damn that Urkle.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27133 on: November 09, 2010, 06:25:27 pm »

My mother realized that she gets off from work at around the same time and place as I get out of my last class on the days I get home late, so she decided to pick me up. I'm now home two hours earlier than usual.
 Fuck you public transportation.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27134 on: November 09, 2010, 06:29:48 pm »

Fcuk yeah!

Also, I beat Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaidan.  I feel bummed now.
Pages: 1 ... 1807 1808 [1809] 1810 1811 ... 13326