Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15740162 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #26280 on: October 31, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »

Wow. I need to keep up with this thread, it looks like I missed a meme.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26283 on: October 31, 2010, 02:30:35 pm »

The hell?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26284 on: October 31, 2010, 02:40:41 pm »

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26285 on: October 31, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »

Total time logged in: 26 days, 26 minutes.
Cool.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26286 on: October 31, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »

I'm making another game in GameMaker, this one's going a bit better than the last one.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's pretty simplistic right now.  Just shoot the zombies and after a while you get a machine pistol and then an assault rifle.  I'm working on adding some new guns and then I'll set up a better battlefield and maybe add new zombies.  I don't think I'll change the pseudo-ASCII graphics, I kind of like them.  Once I've gotten it to the point where it's on par with all the other identical games out there I'll release it on here and then consider expanding it to something more interesting.

I'm thinking of continuing the defense angle to a more interesting level.  Maybe set up a house or something the player has to defend, and they build barricades and stuff and maybe have some teammates who can get infected.  The other idea I have is quite a bit more complicated.  I'm thinking about making some kind of survival game where you explore a (hopefully randomly generated) town, scavenging and stuff.  That'd be pretty ambitious though.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: October 31, 2010, 03:19:59 pm »

Make the setting a scrapyard.
Let the player pick up scrap and place it as a barricade.
If it wouldn't be too hard, maybe add crafting items as random loot from piles, then the player can use them to make special guns or bullets for the normal guns.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26288 on: October 31, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »

Make the player character a zombie and the enemies humans.  Then say it's an art game.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #26289 on: October 31, 2010, 03:55:34 pm »

28 Weeks later will be streaming shortly (10 minutes or so), book your seats now.

http://www.livestream.com/reynardshsakigagak?t=528028
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26290 on: October 31, 2010, 06:03:20 pm »

Just played some Carcassonne DS against 2 easy computers (just to see how the game plays on DS (quick match/not story mode); Very well, actually), I cut it close, but then again, with easy computers, they were making some dumb moves left and right, and I was readjusting to the game. Nonetheless, final score for a quick round:

Me (red): 85
William (Black): 78
Alastair (Blue): 48

I won thanks to having a rather large, near-complete, fief developed (could've been dominating had I finished it), 2 completed monasteries, and being the dominant owner of farmlands. Black had better strategy, and had a reasonable fief in development as well, plus, he kept on owning roads like no business. Blue was road-dependent, and a rather poor player.

Now I want to play this again, but against more challenge CPU players. We gotta hold a match with this game sometime. I forgot how fun it was.

EDIT:
Oh, right, I was also playing with the rivers expansion pack as well.

Further happy, it turns out I can host a multiplayer match on this as well (preferably a hotseat match (up to 4 players on the same machine; okay for livestreaming, but would be a challenge to do)). I don't know how DeSmuME works with going online, so I don't know if I can host/join any online matches.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:11:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #26291 on: October 31, 2010, 06:03:47 pm »

Movie is done, and it was stupid. Huzzah.

Maybe more films next weekend.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26292 on: October 31, 2010, 06:12:37 pm »

Now I can talk about it, yay!  I always thought the girl's death was sad.  They spend like ten minutes killing the wife but when you've got one of the only competent characters in the movie on the chopping block they take her out in two seconds, and it's a terrible, lame way to die.
Shoes...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26293 on: October 31, 2010, 06:15:05 pm »

No no no, more films tonight!

It's Halloween, and the stars are right. I'm Streaming the 2005 Call of Cthulhu Movie in about an hour. It's done in the style of 1920s Silent Films, and should be friggin' cool! If you're stuck home handing out candy, or whatever, check it out!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26294 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:31 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 13325