Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768207 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #23625 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:31 pm »

S... DM?

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23626 on: October 13, 2010, 12:52:21 pm »

S... DM?

Scarlet Devil Mansion. The mansion that houses Remilia Scarlet, Flandre Scarlet, Hong Meiling, Patchouli Knowledge, Sakuya Izayoi, and Koakuma from Touhou.

Janet, you are awesome, one or both of your parents must have been in a Strange Mood when you where made.
Seconded.

Edit: God damn, forgot Sakuya. /facepalm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:54:15 pm by Yaaga »
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23627 on: October 13, 2010, 12:57:25 pm »

Fair enough, but why would Armok not count?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23628 on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:45 pm »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23629 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:18 pm »

Oh god. Clones.

Or something to that effect.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #23630 on: October 13, 2010, 01:13:12 pm »

Every post in this thread makes me feel worse and worse for appreciating anime and manga as an artistic and literary medium.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23631 on: October 13, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »

Every post in this thread makes me feel worse and worse for appreciating anime and manga as an artistic and literary medium.

I find just the opposite effect - with every post in this thread I understand more why I love anime/manga/Touhou/etc. so much. It's a beautiful thing, really...
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23632 on: October 13, 2010, 01:17:43 pm »

Oh come on. That's irrational and you know it.
GODAMNNIT NOW YOU'VE MADE ME ANGRY. AND WHEN I GET ANGRY IT MAKES RON STUART MAD.

Also, the skhool englishy class has a section on An Convenient Lie Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore. Can you guess the joke I made?

Spoiler: hint (click to show/hide)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23633 on: October 13, 2010, 01:18:56 pm »

Rush Hour?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23634 on: October 13, 2010, 01:19:44 pm »

Oh come on. That's irrational and you know it.
GODAMNNIT NOW YOU'VE MADE ME ANGRY. AND WHEN I GET ANGRY IT MAKES RON STUART MAD.

Also, the skhool englishy class has a section on An Convenient Lie Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore. Can you guess the joke I made?

Spoiler: hint (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of movies with Jackie Chan and that black guy.
Shoes...

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #23635 on: October 13, 2010, 01:20:08 pm »

Well I tend to be attracted to manga such as BLaME or Akumetsu, where the is story to be told through pictures. Pictures that take a long time to make, that convey real emotion and that further a captivating and gripping story.

Loltits, huge eyes, panty shots and ^_^ faces really turn me off to that. They're why most people find manga and anime so repugnant. They find it juvenille or perverse, because they never get to see the artistic soul that goes into creating real works of manga.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23636 on: October 13, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23637 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:58 pm »

And then there's people that like both kinds of anime and Manga. I love good storys but sometimes I wanna be able to just turn my brain off and watch or read. Same for movies and games too really.

I just watch and read for fun. And because of some stuff I hope I can do more of both~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23638 on: October 13, 2010, 01:25:33 pm »

Well I tend to be attracted to manga such as BLaME or Akumetsu, where the is story to be told through pictures. Pictures that take a long time to make, that convey real emotion and that further a captivating and gripping story.

Loltits, huge eyes, panty shots and ^_^ faces really turn me off to that. They're why most people find manga and anime so repugnant. They find it juvenille or perverse, because they never get to see the artistic soul that goes into creating real works of manga.

I think I'm on the same page as you, but I might add that many people like Anime/Manga for the very reasons you dislike it. We are a diverse peoples, with multitudinous interests... and to some these include pictures of young girls happily covered in gore, with their frilly pink undies exposed. To each their own.

EDIT: Quasi-Ninja'd by Janet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23639 on: October 13, 2010, 01:32:48 pm »

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/mindthings

These albums, very nice and relaxing, plus they are free :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 13325