Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780935 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #21555 on: September 25, 2010, 02:55:59 am »

Resident Evil: Afterlife.

The movie started with 100 cloned psionic ninja ballerinas, storming Umbrella Corp's "super-high-tech" Japanese Underground Zombie Lab, where Big Bad Evil Guy was perfecting a strain of biological weapon for... actually I'm not sure if they had a motivation anymore. Every country had disintegrated, zombies had overrun the world, and there was no economy to speak of, yet they were still perfecting biological weapons for use on nobody, with no military left to sell it to, and for no money. In fact, why were his hundreds of minions even working for the Corporation? Were they that afraid that survivors might start up a rival Biological Weapons company and steal the market from under them?

Anyway, the Big Bad Evil Guy shoots some of his minions, some of the last surviving humans on the planet, unprovoked to prove how much of a cold and calculating badass he is, and the heroine and her magic clone army striving to save the human race goes around killing them as well (and later wonders why she can't find any survivors. Gee, Ms. Stabhappy, I wonder). Evil Guy flies away out of the underground facility on his emergency helicopter ("They laughed when I told them we needed a Helicopter underground... oh how they laughed!"), and nukes the base and all its occupants with a secret Ultima Bomb. The Heroine's Alpha Clone, however, stowed away on the escape copter (she must be prescient too), and attacks Big Bad. He apparently came expecting her as well (he's also prescient), and steals her psionic ninja superpowers with one of the many viruses he's perfected (no doubt for use on protagonists), and then proceeds to forget he was flying the copter and crashes into a mountain at 100 miles per hour. Though both of them weren't strapped into anything, she makes it out with a few scrapes, while the plane was literally reduced to a burning streak of charred metal.

And that's just the first 10 minutes. There were wet T-Shirt fight scenes with Hulking Superzombies, armed with specially made Meat-Tenderizer Axes (In this post-apocalyptic world, who makes equipment for the zombies I wonder?), Zombies that can apparently bore through solid bedrock with their hands, slam dunks by Token Black Characters, and more. So much more.

It was a Masturpeace of Sinema.

To be fair, the movie makes more sense once one reads Umbrella Corps Charter; here are some exerts:

“…
Provisions:

2) a. The pursuit of both profits and sensible reasoning must be abandoned when Umbrella is faced with a main character; a main character should, at all times, be considered the single greatest adversary to the company, as it endangers Umbrella’s line of “Main Character in a Can”™. All resources must be brought to bear on main characters; even the company can be sacrificed in order to stop the main character, for the good of the company.
b. The study of support cast also overrules normal profit motive. By capturing, and studying, support cast Umbrella hopes to gain total control of the support cast market. In mastering this market Umbrella will unlock the secrets of plot death, thus ensuring that support villains, (ie, Umbrella CEO, Researchers , and Steven in Accounting), can have the longest possible life spans which will dramatically increase the success rate of bosses (see article “employee rights and benefits”, 4 a. on the individuality clauses and ability to form a unique persona, within company guidelines, to form a greater challenge to main characters).
c. Support characters should, as often as possible, be used in experimentation in hopes of providing support cast/villains that’ll have a greater effect on main characters.

Protocol:…

G) In Case of Self Inflicted Zombie Apocalypse:
1) a. Nothing in our business model changes. b. Maintain and stress corporate identity as much as possible to push out potential competitors.  c. Capture/Kill as indiscriminately as possible to ensure no one might start a new company, that could potentially compete within the Self Inflicted Zombie Apocalypse scenario.
2) a. Provisions, article 29(a-c), are more important than ever and should be enforced at all times with thermo-nuclear weaponry. If the CEO does not use as much Thermo-Nuclear technology as is humanly possible, even under the thinnest of guises, he/she is to be removed immediately. b. Support character harvesting will become as important as ever, implement various devious ploys (see article “Arcadia”). c. Frivolous expenditures are the only known way to left economic stress of this magnitude; authorization for wish list funds ‘All-Terrain Boat-o-copter’, ‘Underground Helicopter Sight Seeing’, ‘Secret Clone Labs Gone Wild’, ‘Tank-Truck-Tugboat-Truckboat copter’ are granted, provided that every soldier is paid his/her salary 40 years in advance as well (thus ensuring loyality). G.. Arm Zombies as HeaVerly and oftan ad possible; not lame crap either you gusy.*
3) a. Douchery Protocol: CEO eyes only: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx execute for minor xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wear black, despite comfort xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stupidly expensive glasses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx tank truck tugboat truckboat copter replaces hummer b. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Desert Eagles mandatory; bling optional. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
4) a. Cloning main character is a must, while with holding the vaccine to defeat them as long as possible. This will ensure that both the main character will become overly confident and to lull the average company man into a false sense of ineptitude, to keep those high on the ladder from trying to start their own company.  This will buy Umbrella valuable plot research time, allowing Umbrella to use this advantage at the most plot likely point. b. Keep up recruiting efforts word wide; massive media blitzes will become infinitely cheaper, thus investing in infrastructure to reach places previously out of contact and to fully furnishing homes previously without televisions, will become a must to meet article Protocol Article 3 (c.); this will also contribute to the further study of support characters, the importance of which paramount to opposing main characters.
H) Operation Last Dig Dog Arcade Game in the World:
1 Top Priority:
..."

*= appears to be scrawled into the margins in crayon
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 03:01:43 am by TheBroodyMoods »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: September 25, 2010, 03:05:07 am »

Resident Evil: Afterlife.

The movie started with 100 cloned psionic ninja ballerinas, storming Umbrella Corp's "super-high-tech" Japanese Underground Zombie Lab, where Big Bad Evil Guy was perfecting a strain of biological weapon for... actually I'm not sure if they had a motivation anymore. Every country had disintegrated, zombies had overrun the world, and there was no economy to speak of, yet they were still perfecting biological weapons for use on nobody, with no military left to sell it to, and for no money. In fact, why were his hundreds of minions even working for the Corporation? Were they that afraid that survivors might start up a rival Biological Weapons company and steal the market from under them?

Anyway, the Big Bad Evil Guy shoots some of his minions, some of the last surviving humans on the planet, unprovoked to prove how much of a cold and calculating badass he is, and the heroine and her magic clone army striving to save the human race goes around killing them as well (and later wonders why she can't find any survivors. Gee, Ms. Stabhappy, I wonder). Evil Guy flies away out of the underground facility on his emergency helicopter ("They laughed when I told them we needed a Helicopter underground... oh how they laughed!"), and nukes the base and all its occupants with a secret Ultima Bomb. The Heroine's Alpha Clone, however, stowed away on the escape copter (she must be prescient too), and attacks Big Bad. He apparently came expecting her as well (he's also prescient), and steals her psionic ninja superpowers with one of the many viruses he's perfected (no doubt for use on protagonists), and then proceeds to forget he was flying the copter and crashes into a mountain at 100 miles per hour. Though both of them weren't strapped into anything, she makes it out with a few scrapes, while the plane was literally reduced to a burning streak of charred metal.

And that's just the first 10 minutes. There were wet T-Shirt fight scenes with Hulking Superzombies, armed with specially made Meat-Tenderizer Axes (In this post-apocalyptic world, who makes equipment for the zombies I wonder?), Zombies that can apparently bore through solid bedrock with their hands, slam dunks by Token Black Characters, and more. So much more.

It was a Masturpeace of Sinema.
It sounds like every other RE movie made, A.K.A FUCKING TERRIBLE!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21557 on: September 25, 2010, 03:06:25 am »

Spent quite a bit of time playing Minecraft. I developed myself a nice little starter home/mine with a farm nearby (with a bit of terraforming to get it right) on a hill nearby (fenced a good area too). I have a series of levers operating doors through the starter home (along with pressure plates for the front door; seeing as I'm not a fan of having to close the doors as I go through them). I gathered tons of raw material, but finding ores is still a bit of a challenge, despite having 2 mining levels made (at least 32 tiles apart per-floor), and torches everywhere (more or less aesthetically placed, and making plenty ceiling lamps too).

Highlight of the session has to be when I was tree farming. It turned out my crops got a little big, and rather well clumped together. Being the lazy ass I was, and not wanting to deal with the brush, I figured out how to make flint, and light up the night sky. Did it ever. That has to be the quickest brushfire I've seen in a game. Extracting the ever-burning torch logs from the sky wasn't too hard. I just used the cloth I gathered from the nearby animals (quick to assemble as well as disassemble; and seeing as they don't have much use, I can torch those as well if I have excess surplus). *FWOOSH*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:56 am »

Remember Oscar McNeil, he who shot the aliens with an autocannon?  I just raided Cydonia.  We got into the base without a single casualty, but once inside things went eight different kinds of fubar.  Everyone who mattered was dead, and everyone who didn't matter was mind controlled.  Gudrun was turned into a zombie and blown up by Shigeo's blaster bomb, Shigeo was killed by a nameless rookie, alpha squad was wiped out in two turns and beta squad was suffering huge casualties to Boris Belov, a mind-controlled power suit from alpha squad.  Our last three remaining functional soldiers were Helen Hafner, one of my veterans, and two rookies.  One rookie went down to a sectopod, and Helen and the other rookie got a single glimpse of the alien brain before falling to reaction fire.  All seemed lost.

Then, I noticed something.  Still waiting in the grav-lift room on the second floor, probably smoking a pre-victory victory cigar, was Oscar Fucking McNeil.  He strutted down the lift with a blaster launcher, picked up the MIA, presumably KIA Boris Belov's heavy plasma, and went to work.  He went into the access hallway to the command chamber, used a blaster bomb to take out the brain's guardians, and then headed up the grav-lift to finish off the brain with contemptuous ease.

God bless you, Oscar McNeil, Hero of Cydonia.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:04 am »

That man is a god and you must allow no harm to come to him.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21560 on: September 25, 2010, 03:43:22 am »

It's over, man.  The aliens are gone.  He lived out his days in peace, having saved all of mankind.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21561 on: September 25, 2010, 03:47:18 am »

It's over, man.  The aliens are gone.  He lived out his days in peace, having saved all of mankind.
Without fear of Commies?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: September 25, 2010, 03:48:21 am »

The commies were our bros.  We operated right next to Russia and shot down every attempted terror attack on them.  Meanwhile America and Canada let the aliens take over.  They can go to hell.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21563 on: September 25, 2010, 03:49:52 am »

That is truly epic. That man deserves a statue of some description.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21564 on: September 25, 2010, 03:53:08 am »

We may need more backstory. If the aliens didn't attack America...perhaps they were capitalist aliens who were unsuccessful at wiping out the Red threat!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: September 25, 2010, 04:02:37 am »

They attacked America.  They just forced America to sign pacts with them.  They would've turned on them as soon as X-Com was wiped out.
Shoes...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21566 on: September 25, 2010, 06:18:39 am »

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: September 25, 2010, 07:14:36 am »

I guess that explains why Earth's economy collapses after Enemy Unknown, and only just recovers by 2080. When Terror From The Deep happens. And we know how that ends.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: September 25, 2010, 07:28:41 am »

With poor sales?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: September 25, 2010, 07:38:46 am »

I'm happy because I'm learning video game themes that are basically pure nostalgia for me.

ohgod banjo kazooie so fast and tapped ahhhhh
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 13325