Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15774227 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20730 on: September 17, 2010, 07:27:22 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20731 on: September 17, 2010, 07:28:19 pm »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:33:15 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: September 17, 2010, 08:54:00 pm »

I really need to practice interviewing. Tell me to start practising.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: September 17, 2010, 08:55:12 pm »

START PRATICING, YOU NOT PRACTICER!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20734 on: September 17, 2010, 08:59:10 pm »

So where do you see yourself in five years?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20735 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:13 pm »

If this company was secretly a front for an evil organization planning on the domination of Spain, how would you serve our cause?

Oh, and as a follow up question, purely hypothetically, if the door was locked and I had a Colt in the desk draw in front of me, would that influence your answer at all?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:05:04 pm by Jackrabbit »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: September 17, 2010, 09:02:54 pm »

Damn you. Tomorrow a friend is going to do a mock interview, so I need to do the equivalent of a HS homework paper's worth of basic question answers and memorization. No games until then.

(I'm currently saving up enough money to move and go to college either part-time or full time. In five years I'll have a two year degree and be progressing towards a four year one.)
While talking to AJ:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: September 17, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »

Damn you. Tomorrow a friend is going to do a mock interview, so I need to do the equivalent of a HS homework paper's worth of basic question answers and memorization. No games until then.

(I'm currently saving up enough money to move and go to college either part-time or full time. In five years I'll have a two year degree and be progressing towards a four year one.)

That's a question I ask every time I interview. A good answer shows that a candidate has the ability to plan ahead. You'd facepalm if you heard "I don't know," as the answer to that question as often as I have.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20738 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:33 pm »

That's a question I ask every time I interview. A good answer shows that a candidate has the ability to plan ahead. You'd facepalm if you heard "I don't know," as the answer to that question as often as I have.

Well, it's not like it's not a legitimate answer.  I have absolutely no idea where I'll be in five years, or any plan for that.  I know what I'll be perusing once I graduate, but fuck if I know what happens after that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20739 on: September 17, 2010, 09:18:51 pm »

See, I'd rather have that answer than a shrug and "Dunno. Haven't thought about it."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: September 17, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20741 on: September 17, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »

If this company was secretly a front for an evil organization planning on the domination of Spain, how would you serve our cause?

Oh, and as a follow up question, purely hypothetically, if the door was locked and I had a Colt in the desk draw in front of me, would that influence your answer at all?
The US is going to invade Spain? I know we had a little squabble around 200 years ago, but I figured we were over that grudge.

@Max That's the idea, to be prepared for such interview questions. I blew a movie theatre job by going into the interview blindly, and I'm not going to blow such a big chance.
While talking to AJ:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: September 17, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »

Jack's not American.

Also, that's why I asked that question. What skills do you have that you believe are relevant to the job? How about hobbies?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20743 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »

The Aussies are a sucker for yogurt and midday naps. It was such a great idea, it must be ours.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20744 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »

On an entirely unrelated note:

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 13325