Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15774255 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20505 on: September 16, 2010, 05:31:31 pm »

Heh, this reminds me of a dream I had several days ago. I completely forget everything about it, but I went lucid for about a minute. I tend to do that a lot actually, just go lucid right at the end, it sucks, but it's kind of cool at the same time. Anyway, at some point, I was thinking "If this was a dream, I could fly." Then I realized it WAS a dream and I flew a bit. It was crazy though, because at some point, I actually half opened my eyes and saw my room layered over my dream. I also remember the very end of it, I basically saw the dream breaking up and trying to stay asleep.

I have really bad dream recall and lucidity. When I do recall anything about my dreams, it's usually very vague and not detailed at all. When I go lucid, it's only for the last 30-60 seconds of it. I wish I could at least remember my dreams. I want to lucid dream more often and for longer, but I can't really do that unless I remember my dreams.

As far as happy goes, I'm going to Tolovana Beach (also known as Cannon Beach) tomorrow. The temperature is going to be in the mid 60s, sounds fun, right? Hurray for Oregon beaches.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20506 on: September 16, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

I had a dream last night or so--just a couple seconds long--about a man wearing a fancy dark green suit with buttons made of quarters.

Reading VALIS and turned in my paperwork, and thought up more scenes for my writing.  It's a good day to be Vector =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: September 16, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »

Are you wearing modest skirts, and wire-rim spectacles?

EDIT:

Something that made me happy:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:26:13 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

Are you wearing modest skirts, and wire-rim spectacles?

Half-rim, but yes.

Come to think of it, I actually have been mistaken for a librarian/bookseller multiple times.  It was kind of flattering.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: September 16, 2010, 08:41:01 pm »

Come to think of it, I actually have been mistaken for a librarian/bookseller multiple times.  It was kind of flattering.
Doesn't help that the school librarian looks almost exactly like you, only she is somewhat quiet and shy. And always wears a business dress.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: September 16, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »

And doesn't hit people with sticks.

I dunno, The Librarian at my first school was a 50-something with a hella okky accent and lived on a property not far from ours.

At the second, it was a 50-something strict old baggart who we all hated. And she wore square glasses.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »

Heh, my school librarian was about 3 feet tall, in her mid-40s, spoke Latin fluently, and was exceedingly nerdy and cool. She would drop in on Symphony Band practices, and tagged along on our trips to Carnegie Hall, Chicago, and Florida. I'm pretty sure she and the band director had a mutual crush thing going on too... they were about the same age, and both were history buffs and genuine music lovers. It was funny to see them standing side-by-side though; he was about 7½ feet tall with a low, booming voice, and she was less than half his height, with a soft-spoken voice and a great intensity about her.

Them chatting and standing next to one another was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: September 16, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »

Hmm... mine was on the oldish side, with a massive stripe of white hair.  She looked kind of like Rogue from the X-men, but overweight and frighteningly Christian.  She also taught us the Dewey Decimal system, read us a children's version of Journey to the West, made me dance every time we had a trip to the library, and gave me some old books in return for helping her shelve at the end of the year.

Pretty nice lady, all in all.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: September 16, 2010, 09:17:09 pm »

I never really knew the librarian at my highschool, but definitely the one in middleschool.  Me and my friends hung out there in the morning before class, devising ever more ways to get kicked out within the 20-30 minutes we had to kill.  (Well, except for me, usually, because of my great natural talent for ingratiating myself anywhere.)  She was at least 60, if not older, with a ball of stark silver hair, giant horn-rimmed glasses on a chain, and nearly as wide at the waist as she was tall.  Very good humored and always laughing at things, even when kicking the lot of us out every morning.  I suspect she enjoyed it as much as we did.

She did seem to like me more than the others, probably because I actually checked out books.  After a while, she started recruiting me to read pre-release copies of books, to decide whether the school would order them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:19:04 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: September 16, 2010, 09:26:24 pm »

I got my head smashed in by a librarian, anyone remember that?

Though I'm friends with the new one. Nice girl.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »

The books.

You have to register them as a deadly weapon.

Don't mess with librarians.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: September 16, 2010, 09:30:06 pm »

o_O

I don't think I was there when that happened.  Sounds terrifying.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »

o_O

I don't think I was there when that happened.  Sounds terrifying.

I'm surprised Janet remembers this occurring. Having your head smashed in usually results in at least memory loss.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20518 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:31 pm »

I vaguely remember you posting about that. Was there any particular reason or was she just a lunatic?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:51 pm »

Yeah, I would have thought she'd wake up four hours later, and nobody would have noticed or cared enough to tell her what happened. Also, she would have healed by this point, so the pain would be gone. Janet's story is mighty fishy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 13325