Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779115 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20145 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:50 pm »

My mom made braised cabage for dinner, it looks kinda like a jellyfish out of water but tastes good.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:47 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: September 13, 2010, 01:13:38 am »

Just finished watching Stranger than Fiction.  BRB, bawwing forever.
If you're Bawwing forever, you can still type. Or if you can't, then it's TTFE. OR BBN

>_>

I was off putting away 42 jars of raspberry, raspberry orange, and blackberry jam.

So I was Bringing Awesome Windfalls of Wonderful Increase, kNown as Gam.  Forever.

Stranger Than Fiction is another movie I haven't seen. Might have to put it on the Movie Night list.

Yes, do this thing.  I also suggest watching The Fountain once (it's not that good, but despite its shortcomings it had a little something)... and maybe Synecdoche, New York, though I've only gotten halfway through.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: September 13, 2010, 01:25:51 am »

*drools*

Damn you Vector, I've turned into a Jam zombie!

jaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20149 on: September 13, 2010, 01:45:35 am »

I find that jam is only delicious1 when it's exotic. Except fig jam. That stuff don't taste good.

(More delicious than the original fruit)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20150 on: September 13, 2010, 01:50:36 am »

Bah, but this is homemade.  Very, very different from storebought.  So good ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20151 on: September 13, 2010, 01:54:26 am »

The sweat one puts into foodstuff makes it taste sweeter to the owner of said sweat.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20152 on: September 13, 2010, 01:56:20 am »

Indeed. Where I can just walk to the cold room and grab an Orange.

Aaaaah I love my citrus fruit.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20153 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:59 am »

The sweat one puts into foodstuff makes it taste sweeter to the owner of said sweat.

Eh, I taste the difference even when I wasn't the one who made it.  But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20154 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:32 am »

Why would sweat make something tastier?  :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20155 on: September 13, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

Metaphorical sweat. Think of it more like effort personified. Erm, objectified.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20156 on: September 13, 2010, 02:05:04 am »

jaaammmmmm
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20157 on: September 13, 2010, 02:17:35 am »

Just another indication of why I love this forum.
If I could sig that whole conversation just there, I would.

And then get rid of McTroll's name and throw in a different one.

I LOOOVE BEING Strong! MEAN!
But Srsly... We're cool, right? You ain't too bad a bloke. I wonder how small I can [.sub] text before it gets invisible?

Also, I may have discovered how to multi-sub.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:22:08 am by Tack »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20158 on: September 13, 2010, 04:41:49 am »

I watched three gripping, high quality movies yesterday.

The Skydivers

People skydive.  Apparently some people are cheating on their husbands/wives?  I'm not sure, they all look the same.  One guy jumps at 1000 feet (derp) and dies.  Some meandering occurs.  Two people (I don't know who they are) pour acid in the chute of the protagonist (I guess?).  He dies.  One of the other people smells the chute, knows it was done with acid, and the killers are gunned down without a trial for having been seen in the vicinity.  One guy likes coffee.  Number 5 in IMDB's bottom 100.  A classic movie.

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

A Canadian movie based on some short story.  Stuff actually happened in this one, which I can't say for the first movie, and for its effort this one isn't in the bottom 100 although it's still only like a 2/10 on IMDB.  Half-assed dystopia, the main character is watching Casablanca on the company computers (Even though only the chairman has access to old movies and no one else has even heard of them, oooh blah the evil dystopia is suppressing art).  He gets sent to get his Dopple Doppled, which means they put his brain in a baboon.  While he's in the baboon a kid switches an ID on his body so they lose it.  Wow, that's not contrived at all.  They have to upload his brain onto the mainframe computer that controls everything and is secured by a 5-digit alphanumeric code.  While the guy's in the computer he wanders around in a dream, has sex with the girl he likes for a few days straight, turns the world into Casablanca, and then hacks the mainframe and messes up the climate control system, killing millions of people.  Then he gives everyone a 50 credit bonus and the girl who's supposed to monitor him so he doesn't get deleted thinks he's really zany.  There's a fat guy.  I dunno.

Prince of Space

A Japanese action(?) movie from the 50s.  40 on IMDB's bottom 100, making it only slightly better than most Japanese visual entertainment.  Lord Phantom of Krankor attacks Earth to steal the plans for a new form of fuel even though he's apparently capable of interstellar flight (Although he mentions Earth being half a million miles away from Krankor, which is only like twice as far as the moon, so maybe not).  He lands and attacks, but a guy named Prince of Space shows up.  Prince of Space is immune to everything, and repeatedly says so.  The bad guys don't listen.  The English dub is awful.  Prince of Space turns out to be the humble bootblack (I guess?).  Phantom dies at the end.  All the bad guys have big pointy noses.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:48:29 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20159 on: September 13, 2010, 04:47:04 am »

Second of those was on MST3K.

I trust you are being sarcastic referring to them as "high quality"?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 13325