Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15676338 times)

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199800 on: July 25, 2024, 10:55:39 am »

Sorry I made a grammar mistake…That is maybe because I had a long journey today.Anyway having a bit of English knowledge is useful here .(my English teacher would feel angry about it)
However, though I can’t speak Japanese, it is still useful to say some English, interestingly I felt confident and my broken oral English is fluent when I was in front of these kind Japanese, their English is very good, I admire it and I was shocked by the high level of education here, even a shop seller here can understand my English and talk with me kindly, it is unimaginable in my country.(my English teacher would be happy about it)
This time I felt the huge gap between the developed countries and the developing countries.
It’s too late, I am going to have a good dream here.Good night bay watchers!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 07:04:56 pm by zhijinghaofromchina »
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199801 on: July 27, 2024, 11:20:35 am »

Realised having arms on my chair was making me slouch, so I removed them and immediately my posture's improved. I can also bring my chair under my desk now, the arms got in the way of that.

Hopefully fewer upper back problems now.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199802 on: August 01, 2024, 01:57:56 pm »

I still dont know how to talk about my amateur equities trading.  Im not educated formally, and I dont have a boss, or a company.  Its unemployment, and kind of feels like a stick in my eye when I apply to _anything_ much less for the remote work Im looking for.

Still, that a company listing a trading job responding makes my friggin day.  I dont know what kind of response I expected, but any is just fine by me.  It means Im noticeable?

P:  Having ruminated a little on this, I'm less surprised that I was given a response.  Im still stoked at the idea, I do a lot of short to medium term trading, this would probably be in conjunction with my trading.  Prop trading isnt exactly hard to get into, so idk.  Still happy at the idea.  It's been about 3 weeks of looking at jobs, most replies Ive gotten have been for things that vastly underpay or are generally what Id consider too far beneath me to provide significant boost to my resume.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 06:24:26 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199803 on: August 01, 2024, 06:53:07 pm »

KSBD's heading back to twice weekly updates! Woot!

Also I like how you whited out the Twitch tab but not your name on the email.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199804 on: August 01, 2024, 08:28:43 pm »

Well you see, he was watching an incredibly lewd stream. Very embarassimg.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199805 on: August 02, 2024, 03:09:44 am »

Peh never heard of Jonseffe  Doeseffe?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 03:12:26 am by dragdeler »
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199806 on: August 02, 2024, 09:07:12 am »

I'm getting off this goddamned bupropion. I'm looking forward to feeling human again, derealization is a real bitch.

Next up is gonna be sertraline. Let's hope it's better than feeling like the emitter end of a CRT TV. Spotlight focus? No, spotlight window of consciousness. That, and I wonder if I have some photosensitivity issues and if it was going to exacerbate that

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199807 on: August 02, 2024, 09:18:26 am »

Peh never heard of Jonseffe  Doeseffe?
Joesef, as my summer job at Macdonold's when I was 16 spelled it on my nametag

I'm getting off this goddamned bupropion. I'm looking forward to feeling human again, derealization is a real bitch.

Next up is gonna be sertraline. Let's hope it's better than feeling like the emitter end of a CRT TV. Spotlight focus? No, spotlight window of consciousness. That, and I wonder if I have some photosensitivity issues and if it was going to exacerbate that
I keep sunglasses and yellow-tinted nighttime glasses in my car.  I cant deal with the pinpricks of other cars and city lights.  Grats on lowering your counts.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199808 on: August 02, 2024, 10:05:19 am »

I just learned I had money in a 401(k) from a former employer I didn't know about (like, I left them almost 10 years ago).  Pretty modest, only 4 figures, but it's something unexpected!

Reason I didn't know about it - apparently I had two retirement accounts with them; one a defined-benefit program and the 401(k). I had already rolled over the defined-benefit stuff when I changed jobs, not realizing the 401(k) was separate... oh younger self, why weren't you paying closer attention?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 10:06:50 am by McTraveller »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199809 on: August 03, 2024, 04:27:08 am »

Maybe it was your younger self thinking of the future and hiding that money from you so you'd have it now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199810 on: August 04, 2024, 09:26:35 am »

It's nice knowing that nature's doing well around here. Insects aplenty, birds singing away...

Also the next door neighbour's cat let me fuss over her for a bit before remembering she doesn't trust me and keeping her distance. Progress is progress.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #199811 on: August 07, 2024, 04:12:00 pm »

In an interesting turn of events, I got accepted into a Master of Science in a maths-heavy course of study.

I have not studied maths since GCSEs (since I was 16, in other words. 12 years ago. And also when I first registered on this site. Yikes.)

But! I'm looking forward to it, and it's something to do while I write articles etc. I also enjoy the meme of being that guy with four degrees, hah.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:15:30 pm by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199812 on: August 07, 2024, 04:33:02 pm »

Have you finished your doctorate?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #199813 on: August 07, 2024, 04:53:30 pm »

Almoooost.

Currently I'm wrapping up my analysis of local vs. national in the enforcement of (medieval) anti-mobility laws.

It'll be banged out by mid-September, which is when the Masters starts - so I'm motivated.

Oder wie meine Freundin mir sagte: ich bin sehr motiviert.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:55:30 pm by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199814 on: August 08, 2024, 11:28:38 am »

Holy crap, I feel like a real human person again. I feel present. I have wants again.

D'you know how important it is to want stuff? Turns out it's crucial! I want food when I'm hungry! I want to go out and socialize with people! I want to use my new tea set, see friends again, stream Dark Souls 2's randomizer, go back to the bouldering gym, get work done! 'Coping' is no longer the entire objective!

I sure hope this feeling sticks. We'll see if the anxiety weasels its way back around, but for now, I'd be willing to bear it.