Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15127089 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199725 on: May 31, 2024, 10:20:24 pm »

That's why I'm glad I live out in the middle of nowhere because you can actually see the stars here.
The rough thing is you gotta' be pretty darn far from stuff for it to really matter. Light pollution from the larger cities can reach out like a hundred miles, and it's fairly trivial for even relatively small ones to reach 60-70 miles out.

You can see stars where I'm at, too, but there's a hell of a difference between seeing some stars and there being no meaningful amount of lights on within somewhere over 100 miles with all the nearest cities knocked out, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199726 on: May 31, 2024, 10:31:04 pm »

That's why I'm glad I live out in the middle of nowhere because you can actually see the stars here.
The rough thing is you gotta' be pretty darn far from stuff for it to really matter. Light pollution from the larger cities can reach out like a hundred miles, and it's fairly trivial for even relatively small ones to reach 60-70 miles out.

You can see stars where I'm at, too, but there's a hell of a difference between seeing some stars and there being no meaningful amount of lights on within somewhere over 100 miles with all the nearest cities knocked out, heh.
Yeah, my sky has gotten a lot less dark just in the past few years as the nearby (-ish) city has gotten much brighter. It really sucks, because it used to be pretty great for the northeast, at least outside of some big preserve like the Adirondacks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199727 on: June 01, 2024, 02:42:25 am »

Yeah, my sky has gotten a lot less dark just in the past few years as the nearby (-ish) city has gotten much brighter. It really sucks, because it used to be pretty great for the northeast, at least outside of some big preserve like the Adirondacks.
The nearest city is over two hours away by car and the nearby town is small and pretty much dies at sunset so we're pretty good in that area the mane thing hurting the star gazing here is that damned gravel pit they opened up not to far from where we live, damn thing never seems to close down they keep going all night.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199728 on: June 01, 2024, 07:54:30 pm »

The sixth chapter of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! This chapter is essentially non-stop action as the explorers rush through the facility, desperately trying to find an exit. Do they discover more secrets of the Silents or do they simply get lost? Find out!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199729 on: June 04, 2024, 08:25:25 am »

Gran's come out of a period of being really hard to deal with. Was worrying she'd have to go into a care home if it persisted, but she's been on a streak of good demeanour for about four days now.

Still confused, but she isn't accusing my mum of being an eco-terrorist now, which makes a massive difference.  :)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199730 on: June 04, 2024, 08:30:40 am »

Good to hear she's getting more lucid.  was too young to appreciate my grandmother's death, but my godmother had a month of rapid physical decline.  It was only the last couple of days where her mind went.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199731 on: June 05, 2024, 07:30:52 pm »

thrifted a nice Giant Cabriolet bicycle that just needed a new tube and a nice trumpet that was clearly previously a student's today, and at twenty five bucks each, i made out like a bandit

the bike was a five minute fix for the professionals and the horn is in remarkably good condition; slides all glide effortlessly and the valves are slick, and it tastes recently oiled, so it's well cared for despite the manglement of the case it came in and the fact that the prior student's full name is etched into the middle valve

bike's gonna be a gift for my local friend if she wants it, or a change-up from my Schwinn if she doesn't. no new tarot decks today, but i've got some pretty great bartering pieces if anything!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199732 on: June 06, 2024, 05:26:32 am »

25 for the horn? It might not be that far off in scrap metal value only, it's brass and presumably big.
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199733 on: June 06, 2024, 03:29:17 pm »

Loki (pet snake) shed today, shortly after I cleaned out his viv.

Came out nearly perfect, which is rare these days, normally he tears his skin into pieces as he slides out of it. Got an intact head and everything. Eyecaps in place, mouth isn't torn. Really nice when they turn out like this, and make me wish I had kept his intact skins from when he was a baby.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199734 on: June 07, 2024, 03:06:31 am »

How are you going to preserve it, because I saved one I found awhile back and it disintegrated a few months later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199735 on: June 07, 2024, 05:26:50 am »

Probably just going to hang onto it for a day or two then throw it out. To properly keep it I would need to pin it to a board and put it under glass or something, and I have neither the stuff nor the space.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199736 on: June 07, 2024, 10:53:42 am »

If you do want to keep snakeskin, the clearcoat spray that people use for game miniatures will greatly increase how long it lasts. Use slow gentle warmth to drive moisture out, then get spray into most of the nooks to block out future moisture.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199737 on: June 07, 2024, 06:51:59 pm »

You hang that on the wall the snake will just get used to it, might find that a bit odd but oh well. But if you put it away and prank it next time it sheds... Now that might solicit a reaction.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199738 on: June 08, 2024, 01:30:18 am »

I wonder if smashing it in between pages of a book would work as a way to preserve it like they do with flowers.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199739 on: June 08, 2024, 09:07:42 am »

If you do want to keep snakeskin, the clearcoat spray that people use for game miniatures will greatly increase how long it lasts. Use slow gentle warmth to drive moisture out, then get spray into most of the nooks to block out future moisture.

I do have miniature varnish, but there's nowhere I can display a six foot skin sadly.

I wonder if smashing it in between pages of a book would work as a way to preserve it like they do with flowers.

I think so. The main thing is getting it dry so it doesn't get moldy, but where I live it tends to dry pretty fast anyway. Once dry it's kind of like tissue paper, very delicate and prone to tear.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,