Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13302 13303 [13304] 13305 13306 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15912995 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199545 on: February 08, 2024, 02:28:42 am »

To be fair to Liz Truss, I'd say she outlasted the average lettuce. A turnip or cabbage is a more appropriate comparison, even if it doesn't have the wordplay aspect.

In personal happy news, I pulled some painful bone fragments out of the side of my tooth socket about an hour ago, and that area is now a whole lot less sensitive. Extraction site for the tooth itself is almost fully healed, pain is almost fully gone. Damn thing has been an absolute pain in the ass, so I'm elated to be almost done with it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #199546 on: February 09, 2024, 07:34:36 am »

Dear bay watchers , this is the Chinese new year of the dragon, after enjoy 18 delicious dishes , I wish all of you a joyful year and good fortune just before the TV broadcasting  Chinese news gala.

During the year of dragon, I hope that——

You can fill your bank account with tons of money
You can fill your spirit with enormous love  ,kissed by Cupid
You can build peace on the ruins of war
You can get enough laughter because of the fulfillment in your mind

For me this is a new year day full of joy, helping my family prepare the lavish meals behind the boiler the fire is kissing
the pot warming me , also warming all of you!
 Best wishes
ZJH

问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199547 on: February 09, 2024, 11:48:40 am »

Thank you, happy new year!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199548 on: February 09, 2024, 08:00:25 pm »

The twenty-sixth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! Back to our normal-ish chapter sizes. Some warp lore, and most importantly the true start of the harrowing gauntlet that will be the least few jumps. These next few chapters will be chaos.

I expect the end to be somewhere around chapter 30.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199549 on: February 09, 2024, 08:36:02 pm »

Dear bay watchers , this is the Chinese new year of the dragon, after enjoy 18 delicious dishes , I wish all of you a joyful year and good fortune just before the TV broadcasting  Chinese news gala.

For me this is a new year day full of joy, helping my family prepare the lavish meals behind the boiler the fire is kissing
 Best wishes
ZJH

Every other member of my immediate family was born in the year of the dragon.

Happy New Year!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199550 on: February 10, 2024, 02:52:10 am »

Happy New Year!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #199551 on: February 10, 2024, 03:59:37 am »

Best wishes
ZJH

Happy year of the dragon.

My family had lovely new year cake, I think it had some red bean in it.  I tried to tell them since I have many years I should have many cakes but it did not work.

I wish you health, prosperity and luck for the new year.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199552 on: February 10, 2024, 04:49:12 am »

Happy new year!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199553 on: February 10, 2024, 05:30:13 pm »

happy nude deerdragon!

The pun just isnt the same...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199554 on: February 10, 2024, 06:35:22 pm »

Tried a rice dough crust pizza for the first time... didn't even notice the thing was gluten free when I got it, but apparently it was.

It's good! Liked it. Kinda' chewier than normal pizza crust, in a good way.

Sucked it was thin crust, though. Missed that when I ordered it, too. I'm deffo going to have to see if I can't get a proper thick one in my tummy at some point in the near-ish future.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199555 on: February 10, 2024, 06:54:22 pm »

Rice pizza dough? The banana egg substution/enhancement was pretty cool, keep 'em coming.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199556 on: February 10, 2024, 07:06:20 pm »

Rice pizza dough... I'd love to give that a try!  I consume a lot of rice.  I'm a big fan of cauliflower pizza dough!  I was surprised since I can't stand most gluten-free bread, but it works for a pizza base.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199557 on: February 10, 2024, 07:38:22 pm »

Ah, wasn't home cooked, just this thing. Checking a little closer they apparently did it with mix of brown rice and tapioca flour, plus some rice starch and whey. Blurb for it says it's supposed to be crispy but it wasn't at 10 minutes cooked (recommended 9-11 min cooking time, iirc) and better for it, heh. I can eat actually crisped pizzas but it is easily my least favorite common pizza prep and it's not close.

Far from the least crispy pizza I've had, though -- that notable goes to nuking totinos pizzas back in the day (worth noting, the packages very explicitly say microwaving them is a bad idea, and they're not wrong, exactly). Been a while and the square ones cook different, somehow, but the circular ones you could microwave in a 1k zapper for about 6 minutes and it'd come out with a consistency basically equivalent to melted cheese. I called it melty pizza. Very, very much an acquired taste, ha, but you could do some neat stuff with that, like casually folding it in half to make a ghetto calzone or rolling it into a wrap.

E: Any case, it do have me thinking about maybe getting some rice flour and just... making rice bread equivalents or something. That chewiness was enticing and I want more. There's still half the thing left for tomorrow, but, like. Without the only okay-ish pizza stuff on top. I want the bread now more than the pizza, ha.

E2: Though... on actual home cooking, it was something my mom used to occasionally make for my diabetic grandfather? You can make a workable pizza crust out of egg. Basically makes a gigantic pizza omelet, just without it being folded over like omelets tend to be. Genuinely quite good, basically 0 carb pizza. Plenty of recipes for it online, from a quick check.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 09:00:59 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199558 on: February 16, 2024, 09:45:15 pm »

The twenty-seventh chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! As the title (Chaos!) implies, the wringer starts here. The ship is in some serious trouble at this point-- but what is the extent of the damage? And what consequences are there to it? Find out!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199559 on: February 19, 2024, 04:06:08 pm »

Went bouldering for the first time in about two years today, met people from the university's climbing club. Had a good time in all (Even if I've got some King Charles level sausage fingers now. They always get like this post-exercise)

Also I bought some Squaky Bean "beef" strips. I intended to use them in something, never did, decided to give one a try. They're fucking lovely, even if they're dry. They'll work nicely for beef stroganoff if I ever get some more.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13302 13303 [13304] 13305 13306 ... 13327