Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13287 13288 [13289] 13290 13291 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15908636 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199320 on: November 07, 2023, 08:16:02 pm »

The three pups we took in over the weekend are going to get a) surrendered b) spayed/neutered/vaccinated/microchipped c) adopted! There's a nice cost-effective outcome for everyone involved. Big weight off our shoulders.

that gives us more room to rescue more dogs there's a stray cat that hangs around that really loves food and i'm hoping it settles into the dogloo we stole off an empty lot, assuming the dogs don't scare it away

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199321 on: November 09, 2023, 11:23:42 am »

I went into the a city today, and I actually wore pants and a nice sweater.

I havent worn pants since last fall when I broke up with my gal.  Ive been beach bumming it up, and appreciated the looks I got, even if I feel fat by about 60 pounds.  Felt good to flirt with a few woman casually.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199322 on: November 09, 2023, 11:46:48 am »

I went into the a city today, and I actually wore pants and a nice sweater.

I havent worn pants since last fall when I broke up with my gal.  Ive been beach bumming it up, and appreciated the looks I got, even if I feel fat by about 60 pounds.  Felt good to flirt with a few woman casually.
It's the small joys of life which most soothe the soul

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199323 on: November 10, 2023, 09:18:38 am »

there's only one way to soothe my soul

My dog slept against me all night, I have become the favored human  :'(

augh i love him

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #199324 on: November 12, 2023, 11:23:54 pm »

there's only one way to soothe my soul

My dog slept against me all night, I have become the favored human  :'(

augh i love him
that sounds lovely :)
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199325 on: November 12, 2023, 11:34:35 pm »

he's no a pet,

he's an animal companion

and he's a grade-A weirdo with crackhead energy and sometimes he still pees in the house like an idiot and i love this goober

it's a little indescribable how something like a dog enriches your life, especially one that's most of your size and has so many human emotions like fondness, jealousy, irritation, etc. and you may adopt it but it still chooses to share these emotions with you and openly and unabashedly loves you

fluffy warm thing with big energy and it's just perfectly OK to, I dunno, share a bed with this creature that is not a person but receives the honor of sleeping with persons

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199328 on: November 14, 2023, 08:19:32 am »

Thanks!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199329 on: November 14, 2023, 04:42:27 pm »

Oh shit oh fuck. Just got two sick as fuck job rejections. Applied for a research tech post and the professor called back to tell me I was overqualified and should consider a PhD. Now just got rejected by mega corporate types who gave personal feedback saying they liked my experience and qualifications but couldn't proceed with interview. I can't buy a house with sick rejections but god damn do I feel validated after having to deal with so many big boss cheeses telling me I was over-reaching in our own department whilst all these academics and corporates tell me "yeah nah go for it." Told my m8 who also applied for the megacorp and he said they just gave him a generic rejection, told my mother and she laughed and said our gen was weird and depressing if we were celebrating job rejections. I laughed and said "yeah at this point you've just got to celebrate when they bother to call you back"

Anyways this has put wind back in my sails. All my work grind in the covid trenches haven't been a total loss ;D

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199330 on: November 15, 2023, 08:44:11 pm »

Finished Mass Effect Legendary Edition, since I'd put off doing it since I binged it after it came out. So about two and a half years...

Anyway, it was nice finishing up a game I hadn't finished in... God, must be about 8 years by now. Had it on my old 360, never got all the DLC because between the low memory and the other games DLCs on there I never had the space.

But there we go, full game, full DLC, all completed. Maybe I'll go all achievement hunt on it next time, who knows.

On a similar note, caught up on Sovietwomble's Outer Wilds streams. Nice game, lovely ending, enjoyed seeing someone else enjoy it too.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199331 on: November 17, 2023, 10:04:57 am »

YES

JUST WON A PAY DISPUTE OVER £0.55 PH

What's even better is loads of my colleagues have identical contract terms and dates so all of this opens the door for all of them to get their pay increase too. A lot of the seniors looked pretty uncomfortable discussing how on earth I ended up being skinted out of a contracted pay increase, lots of conspiratorial talk going on, one snake even suggested I not discuss this with anyone else [which would be futile as I already informed all of my colleagues they were likely owed a pay increase and should check their salaries to make sure they got it]

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199332 on: November 17, 2023, 10:09:14 am »

grats.  any increase is a good one
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199333 on: November 19, 2023, 06:12:50 pm »

Four weeks (28 nights) sober.

I plan to drink again sometime, in careful moderation, but I set this target and then I made it.  I told myself I could reach back out to a few people when I did, but I don't feel ready for that just yet.

I'm proud but also disappointed.  All the crazy is still in here, just with more filter.  It's easier to form honest relationships this way, but harder to do creative writing.  A lot harder.
But I am dreaming nearly every night, sometimes a few times.  I've started voice-recording them for convenience and so I can fall back to sleep easier.

I'm glad I have a friend who lets me drop that filter and ramble, or worry.  And of *course* they're another NB.  I guess it's easier to trust people like me, even though I'm a woman and they're... true neutral, heh.

It's just not a good time to start drinking again.  Maybe in a few more weeks, maybe not.  It's not a disaster if I do (my skin is soooo much nicer) but I do feel pretty good every day the number goes up.
I... hm.
I was gonna just post "2x combo".  Maybe add that I've been considering resuming light drinking, now that I've addressed the underlying causes and "won".

But this is kinda reminding me of how hard that first month was.  And how things have continued to improve.  Like, the "crazy" (literally autistic info-dumping) is being shared responsibly.  Relationships are being built on actual foundations.  I'm insisting on basic courtesy instead of feeling worthless and weak.

Some people simply never drink, right?  It's literally hard to imagine that.  They don't have to win that battle every day, even an easy one, they don't have to fight it at all.
That sounds nice.  I think I'll see if this continues to get easier~

(also my skin is so much healthier, especially my face.  And I can post cringe without wondering if it was "really me" or whatever.  I'm free to make mistakes and fully own them)

Oh but there's a local trans social event December 6th, maybe I'll have a beer at that idk.  Excited either way
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 06:14:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199334 on: November 19, 2023, 07:01:40 pm »

Congrats Rolan.
Pages: 1 ... 13287 13288 [13289] 13290 13291 ... 13327