Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13192 13193 [13194] 13195 13196 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15897184 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197895 on: September 09, 2022, 04:48:44 am »

EDIT: Also, with regards to the Kiwi Farms stuff, what the fuck is "The cathedral" the guy's on about? I suspect some conspiracy nonsense "Them" that's "Keeping the ManTM" down, but does anyone have any actual idea?
It basically is just that. It's the usual alt-rightoid bitching.

Do you think such sentiment defeats the purpose of 'know your enemy,' or that it is appropriate to leave distasteful ideas vague for yourself and others?
No there's literally nothing deeper there. I would have explained more if there was indeed anything beyond "some conspiracy nonsense 'Them' that's 'Keeping the ManTM' down".
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #197896 on: September 09, 2022, 08:49:01 am »

I'm going to college next week... this is surreal.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197897 on: September 09, 2022, 10:34:37 am »

Congrats!! It's going to be interesting, I can promise you that.

I have a doctor's appointment for Monday. I can at least talk about my problem with a professional and get some reliable advice <3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197898 on: September 09, 2022, 11:06:41 am »

Oh sweet! Congratulations :)

I'm in my second year, as of a couple weeks ago... best advice I can offer is, find your counselors and stick to them like glue. Knowing where to get help when the assignments start piling up makes a world of difference.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197899 on: September 09, 2022, 06:15:40 pm »

iiij
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:19:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197900 on: September 09, 2022, 09:47:56 pm »

I'm in my second year, as of a couple weeks ago... best advice I can offer is, find your counselors and stick to them like glue. Knowing where to get help when the assignments start piling up makes a world of difference.

Freshman year at college was the worst year.  Surrounded by young adults kids who are no longer stopped from doing dumb shit by their parents.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197901 on: September 09, 2022, 09:56:20 pm »

Agreement, though less the dumb youngin' part and more just the mess involved in getting the general ed requirements out of the way. Least for me, the period after that where I was actually doing fairly focused study mostly with folks that actually wanted to be there instead of constantly bouncing between wildly disparate classes full of people questionably invested in them was just... genuinely blissful. Easily the most enjoyable schooling in my life, some of the most enjoyable time, period.

Hopefully things will go as well!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197902 on: September 09, 2022, 10:04:29 pm »

the classes are fine

the people though, especially in shitty tiny-ass dorms.  even sophomore year they calm down a good bit plus a dorm that actually gives you personal space.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197903 on: September 09, 2022, 10:28:04 pm »

Freshman year at college was the worst year.  Surrounded by young adults kids who are no longer stopped from doing dumb shit by their parents.

the classes are fine

the people though, especially in shitty tiny-ass dorms.  even sophomore year they calm down a good bit plus a dorm that actually gives you personal space.

Well...the worst of the Freshman usually don't make it past the first couple of months. And there are minimum grades to get to sophomore.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197904 on: September 10, 2022, 02:38:49 am »

Turns out that old car I've been messing with isn't as broken as I thought, and I'm fucking grateful because the electrics in that car make no damn sense to me and I don't need anymore of them fucking up.
Spoke to soon, turns out the battery isn't doing well and died the moment I turned the key.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197905 on: September 12, 2022, 08:45:41 pm »

I think it's a testament to my current mental health that, after the awful shitty news that the private psychiatrist turned me getting further along my medical transition down for bullshit reasons and spending some ~4 days feeling really fucking shite, I've bounced back significantly. I'm not 100%, but previously this would have sent me down on a serious depressive spiral.

Judicious use of baths has helped, too. It's harder to feel bad when you're in a hot bath.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197906 on: September 13, 2022, 04:06:31 am »

True. That's also the actual reason why the frogs stay in the pot
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197907 on: September 13, 2022, 08:49:50 pm »

Yesterday (sorry) morning I got a new prescription that uh, shouldn't give me the immune reactions I've been experiencing.  And stressing over for the last couple of months.

I've also got a good painting job tomorrow.

It was also just a very pleasant day for walking.  Crunchy autumn leaves, a perfect temperature for pushing myself without being chill.  Yet.  It feels like autumn is here.

I feel like apologizing about what I said about my medical care.  Not only am I very lucky to have these options (where I live), but the doctor and nurse were very comforting.  I want, or am used, to being someone who doesn't need emotional support.  But I do have that now, from my partner and from some reasonably-priced medical care, and even my parents to certain extents.

Suffering for no reason isn't virtuous.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197908 on: September 14, 2022, 08:38:37 am »

True. That's also the actual reason why the frogs stay in the pot

I thought the frogs in the pot experiment had most of their brains removed before the experiment.

Per Wikipedia:
During the 19th century, several experiments were performed to observe the reaction of frogs to slowly heated water. In 1869, while doing experiments searching for the location of the soul, German physiologist Friedrich Goltz demonstrated that a frog that has had its brain removed will remain in slowly heated water, but an intact frog attempted to escape the water when it reached 25 °C.[1][22]

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #197909 on: September 14, 2022, 08:58:05 am »

Honestly sounds like Goltz was just really bad at making frog stew.
Pages: 1 ... 13192 13193 [13194] 13195 13196 ... 13327