Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13190 13191 [13192] 13193 13194 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15894707 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197865 on: September 02, 2022, 07:55:06 am »

qqq
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:18:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197866 on: September 02, 2022, 12:48:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragdeler, don't take this personally, but I never have any idea what you are on about.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197867 on: September 02, 2022, 01:14:21 pm »

I'm sure this was a stupid thing to do, but there was an event going on in Mahjong Soul, where playing the game will earn you progress in a pseudo-rpg minigame, which will eventually award you with limited time cosmetic items. I knew about it, but I was so burned out from a different event in the past that I was honestly a little squeamish about returning to mahjong again after so long; and it was only some stupid items that nobody cares about...

As the deadline for the event drew closer and closer, I thought "But wouldn't it be a pretty decent challenge to just fucking pound it out for those items right before the event closes?" and so that's what I did, I just finished playing for something like 15 hours straight, whipping the asses off of newbies for easy event points. Of course I would run into my own kind, also whipping on newbies, and they'd whip me, but the journey was about pounding it out. Lots of coffee and sugary drinks later, and powering through the fatigue, I stayed up all night and got the lauded event item:

I'm sure I'm gonna be miserable for the next couple days as my body recovers from this abuse, but I don't get the opportunity to really push myself towards some unreasonable and stupid goal very often. It was fun.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197868 on: September 02, 2022, 01:23:33 pm »

pppp
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:17:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197869 on: September 02, 2022, 01:47:42 pm »

There are few things in life I will spend 15 hours doing, but they’re worth it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197870 on: September 02, 2022, 03:40:10 pm »

dcvbh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:17:29 pm by dragdeler »
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197871 on: September 02, 2022, 07:17:50 pm »

wat
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197872 on: September 03, 2022, 10:44:28 am »

May I introduce you to our lord and savior, Paragraphs?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197873 on: September 03, 2022, 11:16:50 am »

kauns
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:17:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197874 on: September 03, 2022, 02:02:45 pm »

virgin punctuation fan vs. chad textwall enjoyer
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197875 on: September 04, 2022, 03:28:47 am »

Walls of text are the easiest walls to climb.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197877 on: September 05, 2022, 06:06:18 am »

After finishing all the mainline Yakuza games, I've been in a bit of a dry spell... so I finally decided to try out the original Yakuza for the PS2... and I initially thought it was going to be outdated and janky (though it is definitely), what I'm pleasantly surprised by is that it's actually also kinda fucking lit.

You can tell it was originally a game that wore its love of yakuza dramas on its sleeve, so there's really heavy attention to detail when it comes to the atmosphere, the lighting, the cinematography, and the animations; things that are either absent or half-assed in the more recent Yakuza games. For example, in the substories, the camera places itself very smartly to enhance the scene, and the NPC's are actually hand-animated to give them more life; jump to a more recent Yakuza, and the camera is placed just so all the characters are in-view, and the NPC's are given recycled stock animations that are hilariously used and reused for dozens of other NPC's.

It honestly does feel like the creators just put so much love into it, so you can see why it took off like it did, even if it looks and feels so much rougher and rawer than the sequels it eventually spawned.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197878 on: September 05, 2022, 11:50:03 am »

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1566771209928413186?s=21&t=xmr6YOw8NrRj24Qcx2RkVA

Quote from: Erin Reed
Josh Moon, the owners of Kiwifarms, admits defeat. Keffals, her team (many of whom will stay anonymous and will never get any thanks), the trans community, and it’s allies took down the worst site on the internet.

There truly is nothing better in this world than Nazis crying.

I love it when transphobes suffer for their crimes. Also, "Russia is a free country" lol lmao.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:52:14 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197879 on: September 05, 2022, 01:50:25 pm »

They say they're going for LibsOfTiktok next. I seriously cannot fucking wait, that handle has made the situation facing queer and trans teachers 100x worse. The account has reported local to me drag events and had armed militias go to them to shut them down.

Say what you want about "mob justice:" I gave up any kind of public creative life because swatting made it feel impossible. It's been a known tool for mobs to attack trans people and especially women where they live for the crime of existing in public for the past, oh, decade. These kinds of organized hate attempts, keeping people living in terror, need to be taken down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 13190 13191 [13192] 13193 13194 ... 13327