Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13045 13046 [13047] 13048 13049 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846961 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195690 on: April 07, 2021, 12:43:55 pm »

Edit: Thank you, I found it.

Edit 2: I do sometimes think I got lost and ended up on the upper boards, though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:41:12 pm by Iduno »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #195691 on: April 07, 2021, 03:29:39 pm »

Am vaccinated.

Edit: It's got a kick. That was.... Not fun. Percussive headache, sensitivity to smells, chills, trouble sleeping... Well, I can have one sleepless day, the worst of it seems to be behind me, and I'm still endlessly excited for the peace of mind and safety it brings.

Don't think I'll be eating miso soup for a while, though. Oof, the smell...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:41:12 am by None »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195692 on: April 08, 2021, 08:35:34 am »

Only ~2800 people use Darkling, strangely enough.

This is the real wtf. Don't your eyes burn?

Am vaccinated.

Edit: It's got a kick. That was.... Not fun. Percussive headache, sensitivity to smells, chills, trouble sleeping... Well, I can have one sleepless day, the worst of it seems to be behind me, and I'm still endlessly excited for the peace of mind and safety it brings.

That doesn't sound good. Which vacc did you get?

Also, I finally tempted the sickhen with a combination of wet cat food and oat topping. LIVE DAMN YOU

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #195693 on: April 08, 2021, 09:04:21 am »

I had a similar experience with the pfizer shot. The vaccine is not fun, but according to my doctor feeling sick the day after a second shot just means it's working right - your immune system has detected it and is learning to fight it. I had a sore arm after the first one and a sore... well, everything the day after the second, but was completely fine the following morning.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #195694 on: April 08, 2021, 09:41:33 am »

I got the Jannsen(Johnson&Johnson) one-banger, that's how I'm interpreting the experience. Beats losing said sense of smell, or, y'know, organ damage.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #195695 on: April 08, 2021, 01:11:37 pm »

I got three and a half weeks off work with covid, though!

It was a horrible three weeks and I didn’t regain my sense of smell and taste for another month afterward... but, uh... uh...

Yeah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195696 on: April 09, 2021, 12:49:36 pm »

Just gutted two trout, first time doing it. Kinda messed up cutting through the area by the throat, but they're clean and edible, so who cares if the presentation is slightly off. Much easier than prepping a deer heart for cooking too, which reminds me that I haven't been to the farmer's market in far too long.

The gutting process reminded me of various dissections I did at school and uni. Fish guts look much like the insides of shellfish and cephalopods on a superficial level.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195697 on: April 09, 2021, 01:04:10 pm »

Just gutted two trout, first time doing it. Kinda messed up cutting through the area by the throat, but they're clean and edible, so who cares if the presentation is slightly off. Much easier than prepping a deer heart for cooking too, which reminds me that I haven't been to the farmer's market in far too long.

The gutting process reminded me of various dissections I did at school and uni. Fish guts look much like the insides of shellfish and cephalopods on a superficial level.

What're you going to do with them?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195698 on: April 09, 2021, 02:24:57 pm »

What're you going to do with them?

We baked them in the oven wrapped in tinfoil with some butter, lemon and herbs stuffed into the space inside them, with a side of seasoned roast potatoes and boiled veg. The meat just slides off the bones with a gentle movement of a fork, but I still managed to get a few bones I needed to pick out of my mouth.

Slightly overcooked the fish because the potatoes wound up taking longer than anticipated, but fish in tinfoil is resistant to overcooking provided you don't mind losing more of the skin to sticking to the tinfoil.

We gutted four fish total, but my sister-in-law wasn't in the mood for fish, so one is in the freezer awaiting a day when we decide what to do with it. My father suggested cooking it on the barbeque.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195699 on: April 09, 2021, 02:33:51 pm »

We baked them in the oven wrapped in tinfoil with some butter, lemon and herbs stuffed into the space inside them

Sounds tasty. :)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195700 on: April 09, 2021, 02:38:00 pm »

Warning: horror story.

When I was about 10 or 11, we went on holidays to the seaside, and I went fishing.
I didn't catch anything, but a friendly fisher on the same beach caught a decent-sized sea bass, and gave it to me.

My grandma cut off the head, gutted it, prepared it and we had a very tasty meal. Sea bass is delicious.

2-3h later that evening, I went outisde to dump something in the trashcan.

In the trashcan I found.....

THE SEVERED HEAD WAS STILL WRIGGLING AND IT'S MOUTH STILL GASPING FOR BREATH (or, well, water)

Moral of the story: smash a fish' brains in before disposing of it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195701 on: April 09, 2021, 11:43:20 pm »

It hurts less. Much less. Whitespace is the internet devil, darkling throws the devil out, mostly.
If only we could make it darker.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #195702 on: April 10, 2021, 06:12:23 am »

hmmmm I mostly use themes to distinguish between alt accounts on sites where I do that.

And I mostly use light theme, as a virtuous man myself.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195703 on: April 10, 2021, 07:24:16 am »

THE SEVERED HEAD WAS STILL WRIGGLING AND IT'S MOUTH STILL GASPING FOR BREATH (or, well, water)

nope.jpg

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195704 on: April 10, 2021, 07:26:06 am »

I still jump like hell at the wetmarkets here. Most fish are gutted right there, and the head is left on. Some neurons are still firing I guess and the fish will occasionally make a run for it and flop around, maybe 30 minutes afterward or so. Sometimes grandmas walk past and their bags reach out and slap me.
Pages: 1 ... 13045 13046 [13047] 13048 13049 ... 13326