Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13021 13022 [13023] 13024 13025 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15841990 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195330 on: February 23, 2021, 04:10:59 pm »

Goddamn, I need lockdown to end. My brain's entering a sort of weird downwards spiral, just not back to depression. I don't know where it's going, but I feel like shit and I can't sleep.

I don't even feel lonely as such, I just feel like I really need to talk to people. The shit feeling isn't even the usual shitty feeling, it's like it's some kind of general passive shitness.
Well, managed to put that in the wrong thread.

Sleep deprivation for the win! At least I got a solid night's day's sleep. And at least I've not got anything to be up for so I'm able to ride this out.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195331 on: February 23, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »

I managed to not have my brain implode in on itself last night. I was beating myself up about some mistake I made, and then I beat myself up over the beating-up, then the metacognition hit and deescalated the whole situation. I'm still trying to digest what I thought into actionable directives to pass on to the rest of the brain, but I think the crux of it went something like "Be nice to yourself. Be blunt as you need to be, but no more. Anger and violence are not the solution."

God... there's so many parts of my mind just dedicated to beating itself up over mistakes. Whether or not they were my mistakes is irrelevant; the fact is, it is habitually excessive in how harsh, merciless and unkind it is towards mistakes that could be at least vaguely blamed on me. There has to be a better way. I don't think it's through more violence, that's for sure.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #195332 on: February 23, 2021, 07:27:31 pm »

I hope this wasn't literal beating.

If it was, I'd recommend a punching bag. It's worked wonders for someone I know who punched walls.
One wheel short of a wagon

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195333 on: February 23, 2021, 07:53:57 pm »

I know self-harm is a Very Serious Thing, but I'm just imagining the most literal interpretation of "literal beating". Just punching yourself over and over, yelling "take that, me!" and "I hate you, me!". I think that's funny.

But no, it's not a literal beating. I can chew myself out for this and that in my head like a drill sergeant, but physical violence? Hell no.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195334 on: February 23, 2021, 08:59:47 pm »

Have you seen the Jim Carrey movie "Liar Liar"?  It has a scene of him beating himself up physically.
No offence intended here.  I routinely beat myself up mentally just like you do.  Perhaps the movie scene can bring some comedy and help in some way to prevent it for you.  I suggest this because levity is truly an important part of life and can do wonders for our attitudes.  I found the movie to be one of his best.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195335 on: February 24, 2021, 08:19:59 am »

I have really bad insomnia but last night I slept! I slept for a full seven hours. It's amazing.

Also I haven't really been on these forums for a while, so it's nice to be back.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195336 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:07 pm »

I had a lot of fun with this. Maybe you too?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195337 on: February 24, 2021, 05:07:25 pm »

I made myself, but you have to imagine each feature as being more unflatteringly nerdy and ugly because it didn't allow for that.

Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #195338 on: February 24, 2021, 05:14:15 pm »

That's really good, actually. You're clearly a human. Not at all like the warty goblin I would draw if I tried to draw someone

You should draw puppies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195339 on: February 24, 2021, 05:34:07 pm »

No, no, it was made by the program V linked, but hey, thanks anyway :P
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #195340 on: February 24, 2021, 06:23:34 pm »

OH, I didn't even see that last couple pages. Oops :P

anyway I want to pet all the service doggies but they are such busy doggies they have so many jobs but I love them
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #195341 on: February 24, 2021, 06:38:15 pm »

That's as close to me as I could get. Not a hugely good likeness though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195342 on: February 24, 2021, 06:39:33 pm »

I can get what you mean, methylatedspirit. With my OCD I often start going over every little thing that I don't like again and again until I get some sort of "closure." Which is annoying because it puts me in a frustrated state until I get that closure.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #195343 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:01 pm »

Finally put my foot down, said I deserved a raise and if they were going to put me in charge of all the things and dub me king of my department, that I wanted the crown that comes along with that.

Seemed to have been heard and received.

Only took me 8 years to have this conversation but I'll take it. Hopefully they actually give me that raise.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195344 on: February 24, 2021, 07:00:39 pm »

hmm, doesn't look depressed enough, and my hair is never that tidy :@ fun time waste tho.
Pages: 1 ... 13021 13022 [13023] 13024 13025 ... 13326